2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Fridays are better after dominating your bitch all day Thursday 

Everyone have a great day and let’s get this second half started !  It’s going to be a great finish, some great races going. 

I like Mookie.

• Hook 'Em 3

56 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I like Mookie.

Checked it out at 5-0 in the 5th and went along with the business of smoking bowls on the back porch. Check back in and Giants are up. Go back on porch and come back in to see Mookie blast the go ahead in the 8th. Goddamn I love his game. 
Happy Lets Go GIF by MLB

• Hook 'Em 1

He's awesome but holy shit that pitch. All credit to him for doing exactly what you're supposed to do to a hanging middle middle 83mph slider from an opposite hand pitcher. I have a feeling García said "don't hang this" to himself right before throwing it and pysched himself out into doing exactly that.

Meh, I get it though. Smith is yelling at Soto because he's actually pissed about not being allowed to pitch to him. Soto mean mugs because he's young and dumb (no moreso than any 23-year-old, just sayin'). They both acted pretty dumb, though, because Smith probably got even more upset when he felt like Soto was "showing him up" instead of just reacting by telling him he's a moron for thinking it was Smith's decision. And if the video is accurate chronologically then Soto's crybaby motion was done well after Smith's back was turned as he was walking to the dugout.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

He's awesome but holy shit that pitch. All credit to him for doing exactly what you're supposed to do to a hanging middle middle 83mph slider from an opposite hand pitcher. I have a feeling García said "don't hang this" to himself right before throwing it and pysched himself out into doing exactly that.

That's how my brain works sometimes.  "Whatever you do, don't do that one thing."  Then I go and do that one thing.

42 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

That's how my brain works sometimes.  "Whatever you do, don't do that one thing."  Then I go and do that one thing.

I assume you are referring to your premature ejaculation thing that you told me about in extreme confidence. 

oh shit, sorry bro. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hookemATL said:

I assume you are referring to your premature ejaculation thing that you told me about in extreme confidence. 

oh shit, sorry bro. 

What goes on between you two or any other two consenting adults is none of our business.  I won't judge you.

also, i saw this yesterday, and couldn't help but think of Helo's "i could get 5-10 hits off major league pitching" boast. @Helobious - have a look at this 19 year old who pitches in low A ball and tell me again that you're going to be getting base knocks off of big league pitchers:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgSQjcAAh3f/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Seems very un Cards like to overpay in a trade.  And whoever acquires him will overpay.  There’s still 2.5 seasons of control for Soto.

i saw a proposed trade that had them giving up brendan donovan + four of their top prospects, including their top 2 guys. i don't think the Nats would take that necessarily, but i also don't think that's too far off what they'll ultimately take. Arenado + Goldy + Soto would be the best trio of hitters in baseball in quite some time.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

also, i saw this yesterday, and couldn't help but think of Helo's "i could get 5-10 hits off major league pitching" boast. @Helobious - have a look at this 19 year old who pitches in low A ball and tell me again that you're going to be getting base knocks off of big league pitchers:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgSQjcAAh3f/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

In my defense, I said I could get 10 hits in 180 pitches. Choked up on the bat, short swing, and with the Nationals playing defense I think I could still do it.

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

In my defense, I said I could get 10 hits in 180 pitches. Choked up on the bat, short swing, and with the Nationals playing defense I think I could still do it.

You talk so much shit, you can’t keep it all straight. 

On 7/15/2022 at 1:04 AM, Helobious said:

Give me 129 pitches in the zone vs an MLB pitcher, I could get at least 5 hits, maybe 10 but not more than that. I can completely honestly say I’d be better than Gallo. He’s a fucking embarrassment to the game at this point.

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Yeah and not only that dipshit also said the first 50 would take getting used to so he really thinks he is getting 10 hits on 79 pitches

Since the average AB is 5 pitches, 79 pitches would be 16 ABs. With 10 hits, he’d be hItting ,625 and be the richest guy from the RGV.