2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

not that i even want to respond to helo's laest juvenile lunacy, but Dexter Fowler was hugely important to the Cubs and our WS run in 2016. IIRC he led the league in pitches per plate appearance, and his presence at the top of the lineup made it possible for the rest of the guys to hit in their optimal spot. he wasn't a big ba or a huge star, but we do not win that title without him. his loss was greatly felt the following year when the Cubs were embarrassing at the plate during the playoffs. just a totally different lineup without him. zero percent surpising that helo doesn't have a clue about winning baseball or how it works. to busy whining about his "penny pinching" front office to have any time to learn about the game.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2

I wanted to go to this game today, but I had worked 16 hours yesterday and came back for another 10 this morning and afternoon. Unless he totally falls off the map, Judge will be the MVP. He’s having one of the best seasons in Yankee history and watching him do his thing in person is pretty cool. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I wanted to go to this game today, but I had worked 16 hours yesterday and came back for another 10 this morning and afternoon. Unless he totally falls off the map, Judge will be the MVP. He’s having one of the best seasons in Yankee history and watching him do his thing in person is pretty cool. 

He's the MVP right now for sure. Yordan missed a little time and the Angels are just too shitty right now for Shohei to get MVP. 

13 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

When I’ve watched him at Minute Maid, his at bats are Damn stressful 

WAR making people think guys like Gallo can play the game has hurt baseball more than anything else has. Period. I also didn’t realize what a mental midget he was until reading his Athletic interview that just came out. Loser mentality, he was never going to make it in the Bronx.

Gallo said Thursday that he doesn’t fully know what “rock bottom” looks like in a baseball sense, but “in the major leagues, it’s probably close to my experiences” in New York. With the possibility of a move that takes him out of the Bronx within the next week, Gallo appeared in a noticeably better headspace than he did in early June, when he answered a question about the underlying factors leading to consistently poor outcomes with a simple, deflated response: “I’m just not good enough.”

You're acting like baseball players never have awesome seasons or an awesome stretch then stink it up for a couple of years. It happens all the time. The guys that are excellent year in and year out are the exception. Gallo has 2 gold gloves and OPS+ seasons of 145, 121, 118 and 109. He's a three outcome guy so when it goes bad it goes really bad. I'd expect him to rebound at his next stop. I also wouldn't be surprised if he just kind of fIzzles out and is never the same guy again. That doesn't mean he wasn't a really good player for 3-4 seasons. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're acting like baseball players never have awesome seasons or an awesome stretch then stink it up for a couple of years. It happens all the time. The guys that are excellent year in and year out are the exception. Gallo has 2 gold gloves and OPS+ seasons of 145, 121, 118 and 109. He's a three outcome guy so when it goes bad it goes really bad. I'd expect him to rebound at his next stop. I also wouldn't be surprised if he just kind of fIzzles out and is never the same guy again. That doesn't mean he wasn't a really good player for 3-4 seasons. 

Is talking to walls one of your hobbies?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

He sucks this year and has been pretty “meh” for a while.  But it’s asinine to call him one of the worst players ever to play the game at the MLB level, much less saying that it’s “unarguable.”

I make a motion that from here on out, he always be referred to as "two-time All-Star Joey Gallo."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

If y’all had to watch him strikeout on 3 pitches 4x a game you’d understand. I get that he was “better” in Texas. He’s horrible now, he’ll always be horrible going forward, and he’s legitimately one of the worst hitters I’ve ever seen. That’s all there is to it really. 

Judge with two more homers. The last one a grand slam. Did this guy witness either homer tonight? No, no I did not because I got to the game late and then had to leave during the rain delay. The highlight of tonight was coming into the game and some very drunk woman tried to grab ahold of me twice while getting in and her friend had to intervene to tell her to stop. I just laughed and paid her no mind.

First time seeing these Padres unis on TV (MLBN in DFW), rough on the eyes. 
Yeah massive swing and a miss

I want some sherbet though
Sure! Yankees score 8 in the bottom of the eighth and are up 11-5. Judge hit a grand slam for his 2nd homer of the game. 
Of course they did cause Manfred called in a rain delay like he always does when the Yankees are losing at home

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Yeah massive swing and a miss

I want some sherbet though Of course they did cause Manfred called in a rain delay like he always does when the Yankees are losing at home

It did start to rain rather hard and they went to the delay right when they should have. I would’ve probably called for the delay a little earlier than what they did. The rain was just stopping and starting constantly for the last 15 minutes before they took a break.

Just now, ztejas said:

Judge gonna get to 60?

Yes. Probably 63-65 with how he’s swinging the bat.