2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

Fucking christ. Cashmans big, season-saving move is getting benintendo. I don’t even think he has an ops over .700 this year. Fucking useless penny pinching idiots. Soto & Castillo are free to go to other playoff contenders.
Could be worse. You could have Jon Daniels running things..

That’s also going to be about all she wrote for Gallo in pinstripes now. What an awful, awful baseball player he revealed himself to be. Really selfish asshole too, talked before the season about how “he is who he is” and would never change his approach at the plate. Helping out the team be damned. I am happy that completely blew up in his face this year. Fucking loser. 

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Fucking christ. Cashmans big, season-saving move is getting benintendo. I don’t even think he has an ops over .700 this year. Fucking useless penny pinching idiots. Soto & Castillo are free to go to other playoff contenders.

Benintendi will be extremely useful. Put him at the top of the lineup and let him get good pitches to hit. The Yanks need a table setter and he can do that if they slot him in the leadoff spot.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Benintendi will be extremely useful. Put him at the top of the lineup and let him get good pitches to hit. The Yanks need a table setter and he can do that if they slot him in the leadoff spot.

He’s a gigantic upgrade over Gallo (but I would be too), but he’s also a slap hitting singles machine like IKF is. Not exactly going to put us over the top. And you just know the FO is shutting it down after this until the deadline.

Hes also a good example of why analytics are often terrible tools for analyzing baseball players. He has just 17 XBH all season, yet his OPS is almost .800 apparently. Very misleading. 

Edited by Helobious

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He’s a gigantic upgrade over Gallo (but I would be too), but he’s also a slap hitting singles machine like IKF is. Not exactly going to put us over the top. And you just know the FO is shutting it down after this until the deadline.

Hes also a good example of why analytics are often terrible tools for analyzing baseball players. He has just 17 XBH all season, yet his OPS is almost .800 apparently. Very misleading. 

Well I don’t expect to see him get a ton of extra base hits. What I do expect is he will get on base and with the hitters behind him he’ll get driven in quite a bit. The Yanks have needed a guy who can get on base more frequently at the top and he can do that. 

And the defense markedly improves. Every time I see Stanton in the outfield I somehow expect an adventure. If you attempt to look at the overall positives of this move I think you will see it’ll pay off pretty well. If he performs well the next two months they should definitely make him a good offer to bring him back. Also anything that means less Gallo or Hicks is okay with me.

Edited by UpperWestside

Judge’s homer that last AB in Houston snapped him out of that month long slump very bigly, he’s on a tear. He just cranked one out at Citi Field in the 1st, #38 on the year.

That epic “tear” he was on, seems to have ended. 0 for 5 with 3ks tonight.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Please stop acting like winning third place in Little League means you are a better player than a dude in the Majors. It is fucking idiotic. 

Beni is a good pick up. Hits, plays great defense, and from all I ever saw as a Sox fan, was a good team mate. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Please stop acting like winning third place in Little League means you are a better player than a dude in the Majors. It is fucking idiotic. 

Beni is a good pick up. Hits, plays great defense, and from all I ever saw as a Sox fan, was a good team mate. 

I think Helo means he's an upgrade because he sucks better dick and would do it for free as opposed to the money Gallo costs.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

How is summing his OBP and SLG misleading? His XBH are represented in his SLG%.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Soto to Padres all but finalized according to baseball twitterverse. He’ll languish there until he’s a free agent I guess. Won’t sniff the playoffs. How boring.

Sounds like last year’s Scherzer to the Padres  “all but done” rumor. 

Today is Mo Gaba Day in Baltimore.  Gaba, described himself as the Orioles super fan, died two years ago today at age 14.

Last year, on Mo Gaba Day, Trey Mancini, a cancer survivor, hit a HR.  Today, in what could be Mancini’s final AB as an Oriole in Baltimore, Mancini lofted a F9 that the Rays RF lost in the sun.  The ball careened off of his face which Mancini turned into a 2-run inside the park HR.  Mo Gaba, huh?

image.thumb.jpeg.252b02b251225a7060d282feb5188ead.jpeg
O’s 3-0

• Like 2