2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

The Red Sox are 3 back of the 3rd playoff spot.  They are playing atrocious baseball. Their games before the trade deadline are:

1 blue jays

1 Astros

4 guardians

3 brewers. 

if they went something like 2-7 in those 9 games and were 6 or 7 back with 60 or so to play- what are the odds they become sellers? 
Xander and JD Martinez both in their walk year and I’d think they both could bring back some pretty decent talent. I guess your negotiation is slightly worse if they end up somewhere else for 2 months, but if handled right it wouldn’t have to be a deal breaker. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

love alek manoah. need more like him. 

To be fair, most of em are OL in the NFL.

That's a huge mofo, but yeah, the moxie ( and stuff) sets him apart too.

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I will never understand why they have the HoF Induction weekend in the middle of the season.  

It is cold as shit in Cooperstown during Spring Training might be one reason. But it is gorgeous in July. 

Took my son a few years ago. Every fan should visit.

53 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Damnit, Romine! 

When I saw that, I immediately remembered talking to Paul last year and me saying something about "dumbasses who won't get vaxxed."   Whoops.

Also, the Cardinals will be without another dude (Oviedo?) whose passport is expired.  Good job, good effort.

Gonna be really interesting if Toronto can make the playoffs and win a series or two.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

NYY moved 2B Gleyber Torres to LF for a 4 man OF to defend Adley Rutschman … who hit a deep fly over Torres.  Torres recovered in time to drop the ball near the fence.  E-4 .. or E-Boone?

The shift is unbeatable.  It should be outlawed.

15 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

If Cora wasn’t so highly regarded, he’d be gone after this weekend 

The euphemistic interpretation of this is funnier than it should be.

20 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The Red Sox are 3 back of the 3rd playoff spot.  They are playing atrocious baseball. Their games before the trade deadline are:

1 blue jays

1 Astros

4 guardians

3 brewers. 

if they went something like 2-7 in those 9 games and were 6 or 7 back with 60 or so to play- what are the odds they become sellers? 
Xander and JD Martinez both in their walk year and I’d think they both could bring back some pretty decent talent. I guess your negotiation is slightly worse if they end up somewhere else for 2 months, but if handled right it wouldn’t have to be a deal breaker. 

their best player just went on the il too. they are cooked. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I will never understand why they have the HoF Induction weekend in the middle of the season.  

Have it instead of the fucking all-star game.

Name the teams, of course and honor them, but then do the HOF inductions on Tuesday night.