2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

They’re still the padres. They’re like the twins or angels. It doesn’t matter who they have, they won’t win shit. Tatis Jr isn’t even going to play this season. Machado can’t be counted on in the playoffs. So you’re left with a barely above average lineup & pitching. It’s not enough to carry them. 

Um, yes he is.  Wish he weren't, but he's taking BP and getting ready to start a rehab assignment.

11 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Uh Tatis was already there .They only "added" Soto. 

Unless you are referring to Tatis coming back from injury in the context of a trade. Even then it's a reach calling both of those the "best two players in the game". 

1) yes, they’re “adding” him in the sense that he hasn’t played yet this year.

2) I said they’re “arguably” the two best. Thus they are arguably not the two best. But Soto is generally regarded as the best hitter in baseball and Tatis is second in position player WAR since he debuted in 2019…second to Soto. (From 2019-2021, since Tatis hasn’t played in 2022.)

Edited by Hank Chinaski

And who pays the $39MM left on his contract?
SD from my understanding. Also if he went to Wash they are paying it anyway according to MLB radio.

They would probably have to trade Wil Myers. They are just trying to stay under threshold for this season
  • Hook 'Em 1

The real losers today appear to be the Braves (and no, not because they added Odorizzi).

if standings hold, Padres/Braves look to be on a collision course for best 2 out of 3.

of course the Mets could always pull a Mets and should they fail to win the East, Scherzer/DeGrom via the Padres in a best 2 of 3 would be tasty. 

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Don’t hold your breath. 

@Sbbruin your team just got much, much worse by adding Gallo. Thank you.

No way, slot him in between Muncy and Bellinger.  Murderer's row.

Team is not impacted.  He'll get a few ab's, if he continues to suck, thanks for coming and go get your shinebox.

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

I will gladly take $10 million and put up with all of that. I wouldn’t cry about it to anyone either.

Come on now, a tremendous slouch like you would easily clear $30 mil per with your advanced stats. 

In all seriousness, if you faced 1/1000 of what Gallo did, you would drown in your tears that filled the room in which you hid.

2 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

… but, they did pay Strasburg and Corbin.

I mean there wasn't a lack in trying to pay them, and Rendon leaving was a blessing in disguese for them. 

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Are the Cubs retarded?

Move pieces dipshits

Our ownership fucking sucks!

• Like 1