16 hours ago, bullet said:

% of Black students:

UCLA 3.4%

Alabama 9.7%

University of Mississippi 12.1%

University of Georgia 7.5%

University of Texas 4.6%

So take your bs to the cloak room.

Well there you have it.  UCLA is the most bigoted school out there.  I knew it.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Many alumni of schools in the SEC are racist.  Pointing that out and being bummed out about it is playing the race card/going CR?  Are you seriously this fucking stupid IRL?  

There are many racists professors getting paid by the power conference universities right now.  Are you find with some kinds of racism?

14 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Many alumni of schools in the SEC are racist.  Pointing that out and being bummed out about it is playing the race card/going CR?  Are you seriously this fucking stupid IRL?  

Not sure how you prove who is and who isn't racist. Now apparently every is , all the time , whether they know it or not. Keep that agenda out of this thread.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

There are many racists professors getting paid by the power conference universities right now.  Are you find with some kinds of racism?

jeez just stop, racist building, clouds , and trees, just stop

Just now, El Squared said:

jeez just stop, racist roads, clouds , and trees, just stop

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

I thought Apple was in bed with FOX on MLS deal. What deal are they in with ABC?

Hey no judgement, Apple can sloot around with whoever they want...

But in all seriousness they did have Bob Iger come on stage at the Apple keynote for their new mixed reality headset on Monday to tout all the cool shit that Disney/ESPN/ABC is going to have ready for its release in 2024. Not super farfetched to think they might have further deals being worked on for sports content so long as Disney/ABC owns ESPN (which is a whole other can of worms as they allegedly want to spin off/sell ESPN) 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, CustersDoctor said:

. They will wait until early July to sign the deal. The reason they will wait is so that they CANNOT expand. They can't afford to expand. By waiting until after the end of June, SDSU's buyout increases significantly. The PACX wants to have an excuse as to why they are'nt going to add SDSU or anybody else. 

The Pac 10 isn't going to risk further bad PR and possibly losing impatient members to appease SDSU with a convenient excuse as to why they aren't invited to join.  

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Which linear partner is going to carry 60% of their content?

Seriously, I do not know. Because nobody actually needs the content. Fox and ESPN could indeed take advantage of the PACX content if they had it. My 6year 1.8billion prediction I still think is the most likely. But the second most likely is a PACX collapse. Fueled by too little money and too much streaming.

There are so many reasons that no linear partner is bidding on the content. FOX & ESPN will get the best part of the PACX if it collapses so why bid on the entire conference. By not bidding on the PACX FOX & ESPN pretty much insure its collapse and then the top 6 teams, the teams that actually make the networks money, move to the BIG12 and FOX & ESPN already have the BIG12 content sown up. So They'd get the gravy and not have to carry the bottom four. (OrSt, WST, CAL, Stan) Not only that, but by letting the conference die they assure the death of the PAC12 network. Its in Fox's & ESPN's best interest for the tiny little speck of a conference streaming network to wither away. If this happens, just think of the 10's millions of dollars that the PAC12 poured in to their network, then to have ZERO to show for it.

So really the PACX's best hope for money is for some struggling streaming company to think that risking 1.8bill on the PACX is worth it. Apple and Peacock are doing poorly. Everybody says, 'Apple has money to burn.". Though that is true, Apple does not actually ever burn any money. They wisely invest it, and any contract they sign is extremely detailed. The PACX had a studio and some infrastucture that Apple doesn't. (But weren't they moving the PAC studio? Is the move completed?)

Now as for PEACOCK, they don't need the studio or the infrastructure. So they wouldn't want to pay for that. Now here's a thought. Peacock is part of NBC, NBC is part of Comcast and the PAC12 owes COMCAST over $40million. Is that good or bad for a PACX-NBC wedding. Something else is NBC is absolutely not interested in the PACX Saturday late night content. They have made it clear they don't want to compete against their SNL content. So it really leaves Apple as the most likely bidder and there is no way the PACX would accept a contract that is too heavy on streaming.  So I just don't know.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Hey no judgement, Apple can sloot around with whoever they want...

But in all seriousness they did have Bob Iger come on stage at the Apple keynote for their new mixed reality headset on Monday to tout all the cool shit that Disney/ESPN/ABC is going to have ready for its release in 2024. Not super farfetched to think they might have further deals being worked on for sports content so long as Disney/ABC owns ESPN (which is a whole other can of worms as they allegedly want to spin off/sell ESPN) 

I heard a really cool idea from one of the people that got to use the system. They mentioned being able to sit court side or on the sidelines of any top game with your VR headset and see what the person sees from that perspective. He said they could easily charge $5 or $10 per game for something like that and people would buy it. Could you imagine watching the 2005 Rose Bowl on a VR headset from the sideline view? 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

The Pac 10 isn't going to risk further bad PR and possibly losing impatient members to appease SDSU with a convenient excuse as to why they aren't invited to join.  

spacer.png

Well if what I said is indeed dumb and we're talking about the PAC12, doesn't that make more likely than not.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, CustersDoctor said:

No more Cloak Room crap from me on this thread. Back on topic.

I think the PACX has a 1.8bill 6 year deal ready to sign. That comes out to 30mil a year per school. 60% of the games will be linear. If you think 40% streaming is to much streaming, well that is about what their current ration is. They will wait until early July to sign the deal. The reason they will wait is so that they CANNOT expand. They can't afford to expand. By waiting until after the end of June, SDSU's buyout increases significantly. The PACX wants to have an excuse as to why they are'nt going to add SDSU or anybody else. But it really comes down to wanting to keep as much money for themselves as possible. If they add two schools to get back to 12, then the payout per school drops from 30mil a year to 25mil a year.

50 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Anyway...

No way in hell will a Pac 12 deal without the LA schools come anywhere near that of the Big XII.  The value and demand simply isn't there with the remaining programs.  Those rooting for the Pac 12 can't seem to swallow their pride.

Edited by FartingDreamer
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Jabberwocky said:

This is pretty damn significant. This isn’t WSU or OSU or even ASU we’re talking about. This is UDUB taking a big ass hit to their athletic budget. 

I don’t see the PacX surviving if this is happening at UDUB and other schools. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bullet said:

% of Black students:

UCLA 3.4%

Alabama 9.7%

University of Mississippi 12.1%

University of Georgia 7.5%

University of Texas 4.6%

So take your bs to the cloak room.

You need to look at other figures as well....

California:  6.4% of population is black

Alabama: 26.7% black

Mississippi: 37.6% black

Georgia: 32.3 black

Texas: 12.8% black

So it looks as if the SEC and the U of Georgia especially are the racist school.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/9/2023 at 11:35 AM, CustersDoctor said:

No more Cloak Room crap from me on this thread. Back on topic.

I think the PACX has a 1.8bill 6 year deal ready to sign. That comes out to 30mil a year per school. 60% of the games will be linear. If you think 40% streaming is to much streaming, well that is about what their current ration is. They will wait until early July to sign the deal. The reason they will wait is so that they CANNOT expand. They can't afford to expand. By waiting until after the end of June, SDSU's buyout increases significantly. The PACX wants to have an excuse as to why they are'nt going to add SDSU or anybody else. But it really comes down to wanting to keep as much money for themselves as possible. If they add two schools to get back to 12, then the payout per school drops from 30mil a year to 25mil a year.

If they had that deal, it would already be signed.

Also no idea where they are getting 27 games on linear, especially not with the big 4, unless they're playing Thursday/Friday nights.   Late night on ESPN will net them 15 games, but not $300m.   

19 hours ago, FartingDreamer said:

No way in hell will a Pac 12 deal without the LA schools come anywhere near that of the Big XII.  The value and demand simply isn't there with the remaining programs.  Those rooting for the Pac 12 can't seem to swallow their pride.

I can't figure out how anyone thinks the B12 is worth 50m per school minus TX-ou.  I don't see the value.  I don't see the conference as being all that stable.  Who are the big names? BYU, WV, UCF will be logging lots of miles.  I see lots of empty seats.   Just my thoughts.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

I can't figure out how anyone thinks the B12 is worth 50m per school minus TX-ou.  I don't see the value.  I don't see the conference as being all that stable.  Who are the big names? BYU, WV, UCF will be logging lots of miles.  I see lots of empty seats.   Just my thoughts.  

Haha good luck buddy. Camel at sea and the Okie State dudes are about to hit you you with some charts. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Haha good luck buddy. Camel at sea and the Okie State dudes are about to hit you you with some charts. 

I love charts.  OSU, beller,  tech have never been without support from big brother.  Charts from the past don't mean dick.  It will be interesting.  

• Fuck You 2

34 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

Very, very basically, it is kind of two fold:

1 - since the last contract, teams not named Texas and Oklahoma have increased fan engagement by 40% against each other.   Parity in competition helps this, but also do large fanbases who care about sports.   They're not brands, but they're competitive.

2 - They likely were looking at a $60m contract with Texas and OU.   The B12 had never had a moment where it took all of its rights to market at the same time and their T1 deal was horribly undervalued.   They were set for a big bump in 2025, not B1G/SEC bump, but much bigger than they just received.   

So, the continuing of the old terms factors the loss of Texas/OU plus the gain of new engagement into the new deal.  $32m is the broadcast in year one, which will increase.   The rest is post season, March Madness, etc.

Also, on the seats comment, this one always throws me off.   Most big games, in general, not just the Big 12, are not reliant on traveling fans.   In fact, I think the B12 only allocates like 2-3k seats to the opposing team in far flung corners.   Anything else is usually season ticket holders unloading to travelers.   Unless you're saying they only fill up for big games, but that doesn't seem to be the case.   Most are close to capacity for the entire season, not just a few games.

Edited by Hurtlocker
  • Hook 'Em 7

29 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Lol.  I've just said repeatedly that as long as Texans and Okies watch college football, the viewership for the new Big 12 will be pretty good.  This just gets confusing for some fans, and the topic keeps coming up repeatedly, because a lot of people haven't updated their perception of the schools around them since the 1980s.  

• Hook 'Em 3

As Hurtlocker has laid out repeatedly, the Big 12 will be fine without Texas and OU. I thought the Irate8 overreacted in 2021 and that has been proven out. Good I guess. Tech and UofH need to continue to grow and improve to educate the youth of this state. A high profile in football usually helps applications and enrollment. 

Tip of the hat to Okie State for not throwing a conniption fit in the Oklahoma Legislature. 

All I care about now in realignment is 1) SEC staying at 16 and 2) Late night games. I love watching college football from 11am until midnight. 

• Hook 'Em 5

On 6/9/2023 at 1:48 PM, Uncle Nate said:

The PAC 10 TV Deal has been two weeks away for the past 8 months:

spacer.png

spacer.png

WSU and OSU are probably the two most nervous Pac 12 members left standing and they are hoping.

Edited by BevoSwag
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

As Hurtlocker has laid out repeatedly, the Big 12 will be fine without Texas and OU. I thought the Irate8 overreacted in 2021 and that has been proven out. Good I guess. Tech and UofH need to continue to grow and improve to educate the youth of this state. A high profile in football usually helps applications and enrollment. 

Tip of the hat to Okie State for not throwing a conniption fit in the Oklahoma Legislature. 

All I care about now in realignment is 1) SEC staying at 16 and 2) Late night games. I love watching college football from 11am until midnight. 

Okie State didn’t pitch a fit because OU was not driving the bus to the Sec. Texas was.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Imo choosing the 4 schools they did was key to their new deal. Those were the best 4 options available from g5

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Okie State didn’t pitch a fit because OU was not driving the bus to the Sec. Texas was.

image.png.ecfeb89d5dd55353ec4b3bb45f305905.png

OU has been flirting with the SEC for a decade, but yeah sure Texas was driving the bus. 

I think Texas was opportunistic. Make more money while keeping the RRS, and adding aggy and piggy back to the schedule.

27 minutes ago, Satchel said:

What was OSU going to do?  State government has had 0 impact on realignment and you can make a pretty convincing argument they’re better off with the opportunity to be a power in the new Big 12 than 4-6 win cannon fodder in the new SEC.

Once the Irate 8 found out that they were worth a lot more than the national media insisted, our tones changed dramatically.

OU was probably the one leading the SEC move initially.  OU's Tier 3 deal is the one that was up so they had the reason to start the rights talks.  OU was pissed at its old Tier 3 partner, FOX, over the constant 11 a.m. kickoffs.  Castiglione took a public shot at FOX when the '21 OU-NU kickoff time was announced.  OU had basically begged FOX behind the scenes not to choose that game for "Big Noon" or to kick it later, due to the alumni events associated with the 50th anniversary of the "Game of the Century."  FOX told OU to pound sand.  That was just the latest in a long list of OU grievance over that issue.  "Big Noon" did not exist when OU signed its deal with the Big 12, so the Big 12 and the media side were disingenuous when they kept slamming OU with the "you signed the deal" stuff.  I'd guess that when OU approached ESPN about Tier 3, the topic of switching leagues came up with it.  From there, OU calls UT and the two start making plans.  The SEC was the move that made the most sense, both for the recruiting benefits that would come with it, and the ease it would present for folding the LHN into the SECN.  I'm sure UT and OU both wanted to be in the room while the SEC hashed out its own NIL policy.  

OSU didn't pitch a big fit in the legislature b/c the Big 12 was given assurances by the media partners about its future pretty quickly, and before the situation could devolve in that direction.  ESPN/FOX both signed off on the 4 team expansion.  I assume that the 4 team expansion was done with some preliminary discussions over the terms of the next rights agreement, too.  

All in all, this is going to end up a great outcome for everyone.  A few Big 12 schools are going to win at a higher level than they ever have, play in better TV windows than they ever have, etc., while still making really good money.  UT and OU will be in a conference of peer athletic departments for the first time, ticket values will go up, donations will go up, etc.  

Edited by camel at sea
  • Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, camel at sea said:

All in all, this is going to end up a great outcome for everyone.  A few Big 12 schools are going to win at a higher level than they ever have, play in better TV windows than they ever have, etc., while still making really good money.  UT and OU will be in a conference of peer athletic departments for the first time, ticket values will go up, donations will go up, etc.  

This could prove a bad move for OU. They’re going to win the conf much less frequently (never?), so they can’t sell that in recruiting, and if you think they’ve played dirty historically, they’re going to see what next-level versions of that look like. Alum support in SEC is much different, in fall there is football & hunting, nothing else comes close in priority. One of our companies has had block of tix to LSU games for decades, so have somewhat inside perspective, at least there. Whole ‘nutha level of recruiting tactics. NIL may change things, b/c now above board(ish), but back to OU, doubtful they can compete w/ $. Time will tell. Frequent conf championships v. rarely/never winning one will likely have an effect. 

• Hook 'Em 2