Non-Texas weather. The all-encompassing thread

Parliament

On 7/25/2023 at 9:02 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

Iowa crops won't fare much better.  We're dry, it's warm enough, and there ain't no rain coming.

That Dec price gonna start climbing

We hope to be done harvesting today. Very wet and cool spring. A usual harvest is completed by July 10 or so. I can never remember it stretching into August. 

IMG_2830.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...

Less than a week ago we had a couple days over 105 and 27 straight days in triple digits. A cold front blew through last night with 80 mph straight winds, knocking out power in our area. It’s 57 this morning. 62 in the house. Power is back on but we won’t need AC for a few hours. It’s a nice respite but it will be hot again soon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Parliament said:

Stop Houstoning my Sioux Falls!

image.thumb.png.fc08e2f158926fc44b06efb15b5a7b4e.png

At least it's fucking beautiful at this exact moment.

I still don't buy that Saturday's gonna be as hot as predicted.  Plan on taking my infant daughter to a parade, but we'll see how that goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 8:39 AM, Parliament said:

The Super El Nino got us this far without snow or cold.  But all good things...

image.thumb.png.1b1d693dafcc8c730140a9fa88fa48d1.png

How’s it going up your way. We had our second 10”er overnight but this one has wind. Gusts to 40mph. My lane is drifted shut and the power has been off since 5:00am. We have the generator keeping the furnace running but I only have 5 gallons of reserve gas. Evergy says we’ll get power back today but we’ll see. Worst case, I’ll have to have a buddy bring me some fuel. Power is still on in town. 

Edited by Shoxthemonkey

Opened up the 10-day forecast and saw a low of -12 next Tuesday.  I'm in Tulsa.  I did not sign up for this.   

ETA: Weather app was pulling bad data.  Still looks like we are going to dip into the negative numbers on Sunday/Monday.  I will still be sending a letter to management expressing my extreme dissatisfaction.

Edited by Guadaloopy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

How’s it going up your way. We had our second 10”er overnight but this one has wind. Gusts to 40mph. My lane is drifted shut and the power has been off since 5:00am. We have the generator keeping the furnace running but I only have 5 gallons of reserve gas. Evergy says we’ll get power back today but we’ll see. Worst case, I’ll have to have a buddy bring me some fuel. Power is still on in town. 

Dunno I’m oot, atm.  Gonna get real cold when I’m back.  Bike ride Saturday is gonna be fun.

4 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Opened up the 10-day forecast and saw a low of -12 next Tuesday.  I'm in Tulsa.  I did not sign up for this.   

ETA: Weather app was pulling bad data.  Still looks like we are going to dip into the negative numbers on Sunday/Monday.  I will still be sending a letter to management expressing my extreme dissatisfaction.

My dad (in his 70s) is convinced that the weather app is compiled by college kids drinking beer and saying “Watch this!”  

• Haha 1

My tenant just opened my lane with his skidsteer. It’s nice to be able to get out but I kinda liked being locked in. There was one drift where the lane drops down to the garage that was probably 4’ deep. I’ve been here 30 years and it’s the first time I’ve seen that. Lord knows we need moisture but I like it better when it’s rain. I forget, Kenny, you in western Kansas, Colorado or Nebraska?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

My tenant just opened my lane with his skidsteer. It’s nice to be able to get out but I kinda liked being locked in. There was one drift where the lane drops down to the garage that was probably 4’ deep. I’ve been here 30 years and it’s the first time I’ve seen that. Lord knows we need moisture but I like it better when it’s rain. I forget, Kenny, you in western Kansas, Colorado or Nebraska?

Ks