Road Trip 2018: @Maryland (FedEx Field) Sept. 1st - Labor Day Weekend

mdmost

6 hours ago, Born a Longhorn said:

Seem reasonable to park our car at the Morgan Blvd metro station (Redskins website says its $15 for events at Fedex Field), walk to the game, then come back and ride the metro into town for some brief sight-seeing and food?

I'm parking in Largo Town Center, which is one stop away from the Morgan Boulevard station. It's also $15 for special events at FedEx  if you actually use the Metro which we would obviously. I'm just saying it's a little less crowded than Morgan Boulevard. We'll see.

Edited by phdhorn

Howrver, they start charging that rate at kickoff time, and stop charging it two hours after the game ends. If you can figure out what to do for 2 hours, the rate goes down to $2 a day if you use Metro. I guess we can get drunk and stay in the stands! Or take metro into town and party and come out three hours later.

Edited by phdhorn

2 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Howrver, they start charging that rate at kickoff time, and stop charging it two hours after the game ends. If you can figure out what to do for 2 hours, the rate goes down to $2 a day if you use Metro. I guess we can get drunk and stay in the stands! Or take metro into town and party and come out three hours later.

Exactly what I was thinking

Anyone know how much cash parking is at the stadium?
I guess I can buy parking on ticketmaster for $52—which includes $12 service fees.
I’m cheap. But I’m also lazy and don’t want to fuck around with trying to find the metro.
There are some $20/30 cash lots around but youll have a bit of a walk.

10 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Apologize if this has been asked already: anyone know of a DC bar that is open early and showing premier league games tomorrow? Google is killing me with bullshit.

thanks in advance!

may check with the pug or the Queen Vic--both on H street.  

Edited by Mdhorn

Well this trip has been great so far. The drive down from Connecticut to DC took a 2 extra hours due to the typical awful I 95 traffic. Then we get to our embassy suites Georgetown almost at midnight with our three young children to what looks like a crime scene, police vans, people in handcuffs, police going up the elevators, my wife absolutely loses her s***. We end up having to go to the Fairmont nearby. No way in hell my wife was going to let us stay there. Having to convince her it's ok to stay there the next 2 nights so I can save $750. Fml

20 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Is it too much to ask for our Texas Exes chapters to not fuck up tailgating events? 1.5 hour line for beer or food + ticket lines. Won’t even get a drink before it’s time to go into the stadium.

looks like your culprits are dan snyder and bud weiser.  relying on corporate lackies to properly staff a 3rd-party event is the root cause of your pain.  guessing the local tex-exes were locked in to this incompetence.

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:
13 minutes ago, phdhorn said:
Deep Eddy mixed drink tickets are $2 cheaper than the beer tickets. They taste like shit but they're potent.

They ran out of tickets and Deep Eddy chick started giving them away. All set through halftime.

I'm drunk enough to have to compute in my head that $0 is cheaper than $5, right?