2022 Summer Transfer Window

MoJames

lot of talk in the everton circles that they may sell gordon to chelsea. 

i mean, i am fine with that if they intend to actually use the money but selling your only premier league quality players in richarlison and gordon with no purchases while all the remaining starters are out basically for the year with constant injuries does not seem particularly competitive.  i suspect that will piss a lot of supporters off.  he's also homegrown.

with mina hurt, godfrey hurt, doucoure hurt, iwobi hurt, and d-cl hurt...there's absolutely no basis for optimism.  although the onana kid looked promising last week.  probably means they will sell him this month.

So apparently Everton rejected a bid for Gordon this AM for 30 mil pounds and the responses on the Chelsea discord are great as most fans don't rate him highly.

FabrizioRomano : «Everton REJECTED a new proposal from Chelsea for Anthony Gordon this morning. They hope to keep the player.»

image.png.4338d9b95af33945685f01c28143b2e8.png

image.png.7b0327181ed7869cd314d37cb580e520.png

image.png.bd1a08585e24eb88ddc0f23f43909a89.png

image.png.dd6ee8ebb441eb0309ef102c3a80cf12.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MoJames said:

So apparently Everton rejected a bid for Gordon this AM for 30 mil pounds and the responses on the Chelsea discord are great as most fans don't rate him highly.

image.png.4338d9b95af33945685f01c28143b2e8.png

image.png.7b0327181ed7869cd314d37cb580e520.png

image.png.bd1a08585e24eb88ddc0f23f43909a89.png

image.png.dd6ee8ebb441eb0309ef102c3a80cf12.png

to me, that signals even greater levels of doom for us.  the thought on selling gordon is that combined with the net gains off selling richarlison and gordon less buying onana, they go out and get a desperately needed 9 which gordon is decidedly not.

so, to me, that signals that either they don't see a realistic 9 out there to be had that's worth the money or they think calvert-lewin will be back soon and gordon can resume playing on the left wing.

either way, relegation.

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

People are always talking about how San Sebastián (Donostia) & Newcastle are like twin cities. 🙄

The culture shock for some of these footballers is always overlooked, but players must frequently suffer from temporary depression. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

People are always talking about how San Sebastián (Donostia) & Newcastle are like twin cities. 🙄

The culture shock for some of these footballers is always overlooked, but players must frequently suffer from temporary depression. 

I remember taking a train from London to Edinburgh on New Years Eve for Hogmanay and stopping in Newcastle on the way.  Looked at the city from the train station above and was like “what an awful looking place.”  Then the Geordies loaded up on the train and removed all doubt. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Barkley out - https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/barkley-departs?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=orgsoc&utm_campaign=none

Fofana on his way in.

Ziyech to Monaco looks to be heating up.

CHO loan Leverkusen.

Auba still target 1 for attack but Zaha being brought up.

If Cristiano heads to AC Milan, Chelsea are keen on signing Leao.

Alonso to Barca still likely.

Apadu loan with option to buy to Spezia.

7 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Barkley out - https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/barkley-departs?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=orgsoc&utm_campaign=none

Fofana on his way in.

Ziyech to Monaco looks to be heating up.

CHO loan Leverkusen.

Auba still target 1 for attack but Zaha being brought up.

If Cristiano heads to AC Milan, Chelsea are keen on signing Leao.

Alonso to Barca still likely.

Apadu loan with option to buy to Spezia.

is Broja off to Everton - part of Gordon deal? Gallagher as well? That was the last specualtion i heard

This sounds fun.

Antoine Griezmann has asked Atlético to find an agreement with Barcelona immediately. He expects them to negotiate a lower fee with Barca to resolve the situation. Simeone has been instructed by his bosses to only use Griezmann as a substitute and in no circumstance let the clause be activated

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Article/Antoine-griezmann-decisif-mais-remplacant-avec-l-atletico-de-madrid-ca-va-durer-longtemps/1351058

• Haha 1