Austin love triangle murder

HornPhD

28 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Are they gonna be televised

Should be in a few minutes on Court TV. Not sure if any other networks have the permission. Thought at least one local channel but not for sure. Follow this guy if you can’t watch. He does the best play by play of the reporters in the courtroom. should begin shortly. She already said yesterday she wouldn’t testify/didn’t want to and I think when being led out the courtroom mouthed to her parents (yesterday) “I’m sorry.” Not sure if her family expected her to testify but the case has gone very poorly for the defense. The jury was bored with their case in chief yesterday. I expect a fairly quick deliberation and verdict. 

Should be starting momentarily. I have heard a plea deal may have offered and rejected prior trial but I have not read anything to that effect. Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me. When asked if she wanted to testify yesterday she seemed according to the reporters in the room very nervous and childlike almost having difficulty answering the questions. Many speculated that the gravity of what’s happening has finally dawned on her. She’s been emotionless and staring straight ahead throughout the trial. She was only really animated at all or taking notes when the defense put on their witnesses yesterday when Colin was as on the stand. Jeez. All this over that guy who wasn’t into her. A beautiful and talented cyclist murdered because Colin was a dbag boyfriend and Kaitlin was a jealous, raged filled woman scorned. I hope people do speak on Mo’s behalf if KA is sentenced. She and her family need to know the pain she’s put them through. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Prosecutor is on fire today. The fact that the gallery and jury laughed at one of the statements he made about the defense expert (who was just there to state the  probabilities on the gun used that it is not an exact science—and he was on zoom with many technical issues—not really there to dispute the state’s findings but the defense had him there for hours): “that’s four hours we will never get back” audible laughter from jury and gallery. 

Interesting we now have two cases where the car GPS data is critical in a case. The Murdaugh trial and now this one. The Murdaugh trial, I believe was the first, to pinpoint exactly where he was and how it contradicted where he said he was. The defense never put out any information showing Kaitlin was elsewhere. Just that the video/car GPS and phone data don’t prove that it was Kaitlin behind the wheel with her phone at the murder scene. Their defense is well no one saw it was her so it was someone else. Sigh. 

Just now, gsoda3 said:

the "draw a line down the middle and write the defense's rabbit holes on the left and proven evidence on the right" tactic is pretty good.

He’s an incredible closer. One of the best I have seen. 

Just beating up on Colin, who we know wasn’t a great boyfriend, I guess hoping the jury sees what? Its motive. State didn’t really have to prove it but just break up with the guy. Defense strategy of bagging on Colin is weird bc it can be proven he was long gone from the murder scene at the time Mo was murdered. 

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

This dude, and have not been falling closely (so thanks @Nicole44 for the updates. 

But this attorney seems like a smug asshole.

I mean, you're defending a murderer that fled the country and has an awful case...you almost have to be a smug asshole just to take the case and put up an honest defense.    

• Hook 'Em 2

This ends badly for Kaitlin. I wish state would have another crack at it. Yes, Colin framed Kaitlin. The police only looked at Kaitlin because they were so enamored with Colin. She didn’t flee she just likes to travel. She was free to go. This defense is what it is but it’s maddening and it’s the shit her family was shouting before the gag order. I don’t know if the State can go up and rebut any of this nonsense from the defense. I hope they do. So infuriating to listen to. He wasn’t at the scene when Mo was murdered. Kaitlin’s jeep and phone weren’t. This is a mess and desperate and if a plea was offered they should have taken it. 

9 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

This dude, and have not been falling closely (so thanks @Nicole44 for the updates. 

But this attorney seems like a smug asshole.

He is grasping. What the prosecutor said about drawing a line down the middle of your notepad and put all the bullshit and rabbit holes the defense has put out there on one side and the proof the state has put out there on the other. Awesome close from state. Defense is fucked. Hard to listen to it with a straight face or feeling nothing but anger towards the defendant and sorrow for Mo’s family and friends. 

Edited by Nicole44

4 minutes ago, smuggs said:

I haven't followed the trial closely so my apologies for asking - did the prosecution say how Yogabitch got into the house? Did she break in or was the door unlocked?

There was a code n the door to get in. When Colin dropped Mo off she closed the door but didn’t lock it. We don’t know if Kaitlin knocked on the door and Mo answered or if Kaitlin merely opened the door and shot Mo. Armstrong had been monitoring all of Colin’s phone stuff in part because she was a jealous bitch and in part because she was also helping him manage his cycling business and other things. The moments Mo was murdered the key code was not engaged. I think she just didn’t lock it because Cash, the home owner, was expected to be home soon. I think that’s why Mo didn’t lock it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't get why they're so focused on DNA. All you need is motive, surveillance, and murder weapon. You have all that. This prosecutor isn't as good as the other one, and I almost feel like he's opening the door to reasonable doubt on some kind of hitman theory. Who is this unknown DNA profile anyway?

Just now, chainsaw said:

I don't get why they're so focused on DNA. All you need is motive, surveillance, and murder weapon. You have all that. This prosecutor isn't as good as the other one, and I almost feel like he's opening the door to reasonable doubt on some kind of hitman theory. Who is this unknown DNA profile anyway?

The possibility of Kaitlin’s DNA being on Mo’s bicycle via a third party/object transfer is very very unlikely and slim. Mo’s very expensive bike was found in an unusual place like thrown in the bushes near the place where she was staying. Not how it was ever placed. The killer did it. No reason that Armstrong’s DNA should ever be on Mo’s bike unless she touched it. She didn’t know Mo. it shouldn’t be on there unless Kaitlin moved the bike to the bushes after the murder. But basically it’s this simple:

1) Kaitlin bought a gun that was likely the gun used. Kaitlin’s jeep and phone were at the murder scene and circling it before for an hour when Mo was murdered. She is the only one with a motive. Colin wasn’t at the scene based on other data when Mo was shot three times. Defense is probably infuriating the jury. I wonder how much Kaitlin’s supporters really buy into this bullshit the defense keeps shouting about. they put on few witnesses that pretty much sucked. 

Why Rick? Is kind of cracking me up. Had this had a similar outcome as the astronauts (Astro-nut) case where Armstrong wasn’t successful this  would be funny. Unfortunately she was able to murder Mo and ruin her life and Mo’s as well. I understand what the defense is working with and I understand Kaitlin wont accept responsibility but I hope fire rains down on her from Mo’s family and friends at sentencing. I hope she is forced to listen to all of it. I doubt she likely gives a fuck because in a way, she kept Colin from being with Mo, she ended Mo. but when you see how heartbroken and just shattered Mo’s family and friends are the defense and her reaction to everything from the jump is infuriating. 

One thing that’s been said a couple of times by people following this: so Kaitlin was just sitting in her Jeep a good 30 minutes plus with her phone off prior to the screams of Mo and three shots being heard. Maybe getting up the nerve to do what she set out to do. Most are speculating though that if Colin had gone inside Cash’s apartment where Mo was staying that Kaitlin would have killed him too. Most people seem to think that’s the case.

Nah, I’m not headed to Rainey Street, lol, gonna hang out with @South Austin mom. She and I are legends. She for being a world class slut and I guess I am the phantom of Rainey because I follow true crime and want to solve that shit so it doesn’t happen ever again. 

For those of you who are considering embarking on a life of crime: there are cameras everywhere. You best leave your cell phone at home, have a car with no GPS or at least use some mode of transportation where you can’t as easily be tracked and also be in disguise. Car GPS is becoming more and more influential in murder cases where they don’t have a video of the criminal committing the crime or have DNA or a weapon.

The Mo Wilson murder case is simple af to me: KA car GPS/cell phone places her there and proves she’d been stalking Mo from the time Mo arrived in Austin. They have the murder weapon. They have her Jeep on camera. They have her DNA on Mo’s bike and they have motive. Case closed. How the defense thinks this is a wild scale frame of some dumb ass yoga nut no one knew about is laughable. 

IMG_2260.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Nicole do you know which NBA player she dated?

Her friend didn’t say but the speculation at the time was a San Antonio Spur. Just that she and Colin took many breaks in their outstandingly amazing relationship and when they were on these breaks she would date, according to her friend, to make Colin jealous. He just mainly dated Mo when they were on a break in Late 2021 and that sent Armstrong over the edge. He also began to hide any interactions he had with Mo when he and KA got back together but he became very involved in Mo’s career and was still in touch because she was such a prodigy and he wanted to be associated with her success. He claims he didn’t get back together romantically with Mo but Kaitlin was enraged that he was still in contact with her. Unbelievable he thought that Kaitlin wasn’t all up in his social media and phone all this time because he gave her access to all that shit because Kaitlin was helping him with his business related ventures. What a dumb fuck he was. He was the motive. What a tragic waste. 

Do they let them break for lunch or just deliberate until they are done with shitty snacks or can they eat and deliberate? Certain trials I have watched (different states) have different rules. Deliberating now 1 hour and 47 minutes. Most were thinking a minimum of two hours and a maximum of four hours. I think the jury was out two hours or a little less for Murdaugh. Interestingly in that case one juror didn’t think he did it and it took the rest of them basically two hours to get that juror to flip. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

For those of you who are considering embarking on a life of crime: there are cameras everywhere. You best leave your cell phone at home, have a car with no GPS or at least use some mode of transportation where you can’t as easily be tracked and also be in disguise. Car GPS is becoming more and more influential in murder cases where they don’t have a video of the criminal committing the crime or have DNA or a weapon.

Good to know. Thanks.

• Hook 'Em 1