Austin FC

Bottlecap

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sorry, I’m not a Driussi worshipper. He’s good. But he’s not as good as last year made him look. He’ll never compete for the boot again (set Messi aside in this convo).

Driussi is our entire franchise right now. 

Edited by ztejas

Our back line is so bad. That's where the money needs to be spent.

Truly awful. That was embarrassing.
And no, Driussi isn’t our entire team right now. He’s good. Im glad we have him. But players like Gallagher and Finlay have been the highlights of the season (check out Gallagher’s goals and assists, for example).
There’s also likely something to the fact that the supporting cast is so bad, Driussi can’t do much. Get a decent back line, and his opportunities will be enhanced.

Alright I'm sorry about the Zardes stuff. I don't mean it. I have PTSD from watching him play for the NT. 

That said - we need a serious redirection when it comes to the players that we're signing. This isn't good enough - we need a complete squad. 

I'm worried that this club will always make a fuck ton of money and never care enough about the product on the field. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

(Oh and keep Wolff - he knows what he's doing. Just get him a better team ffs)

Edited by ztejas

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

You CANNOT be serious. This clown had us playing a high backline with THREE defenders and all STL had to do was send a long ball 40 yards in the air like some 1990s scottish premier league team and have all three of their forwards run under it while cascante backpedals like an 85 year old man into his own net. Wolff got absolutely outclassed this game. STL high pressed us all game, took out our shitty midfield and then turn around and broke our lines like we were a squad of 6 year olds. Wolff set us up without a link up strategy KNOWING thats how STL plays. We started having stu STOP playing out of the back and just launching it 40 yards up the pitch ourselves, but stuver sucks ass with his feet so those either went out of bounds or again, past our missing MF. Wolff absolutely sucks and wouldn't last a minute if Rodo actually came from Manchester with his ball intact. Plus, he's the dipshit that signed all these spares. Fuck Wolff.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ztejas said:

Alright I'm sorry about the Zardes stuff. I don't mean it. I have PTSD from watching him play for the NT. 

That said - we need a serious redirection when it comes to the players that we're signing. This isn't good enough - we need a complete squad. 

I'm worried that this club will always make a fuck ton of money and never care enough about the product on the field. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Well our roster construction does suck because we have two benched DPs.  That is death in this league.  

That said, other than Memo and Hedges (and Craig (?) who can't seem to find the field), all of the players were signed in a prior regime.   I think the new guy would be fine if the season were to end early so he can get started on the "rebuild" and it would also give him an excuse to fire Wolff.  I am in between Bottlecap and ztejas on Wolff, so whatever happens there, happens.    But tanking sucks, because outside of last year, the MLS playoffs are usually a free for all, and the difference between 4th and 10th is a two week swing, good or bad.  I'd like to make the playoffs.

My guess is that this is a very different looking team next year and only Driussi and maybe Stuver are safe.  I presume it will be hard to rid ourselves of Rigoni at this point, but I expect Ring, Zardes, and Urruti to be gone.  I'd say we ought to be able to sell Wolff to Europe, but he was bad last night.  Pereirra has talent, but he's not a good defender which is ... not ideal.... for your 6.  I want a destroyer back there and I'd give up Pererra's 25 yard forward runs through traffic to have homeless man's Tyler Adams protecting the CBs.  

I am VERY curious what Rodo plans in the offseason.  January will be really interesting.   

5 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

We started having stu STOP playing out of the back and just launching it 40 yards up the pitch ourselves, but stuver sucks ass with his feet so those either went out of bounds or again, past our missing MF. 

I've never seen a GK put the ball out of bounds as often as Stuver.  There's a half dozen times a game he kicks it out at midfield, turning the ball over. 

Wolff has no tactical answers but that might be due to him not having talent from the gross mismanagement of player personnel. The most gracious thing you can say about him is he's desperate and searching for inspiration. I think trading Diego signals a major rebuild is in the works. Rodo's done it before so hopefully there's light at the end of this tunnel.

• Hook 'Em 1