Austin FC

Bottlecap

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I don't buy that that's the full story. We sucked shit our first year and didn't have issues filling the stadium. I think it's a combination of novelty wearing off, them not being as good and them being harder to follow. Last year every game was free to stream online and watch on network.

I agree this is part of it, but a lot of empty seats are season ticket holders who shouldn’t care if they’re on TV or not.  

2 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

I agree this is part of it, but a lot of empty seats are season ticket holders who shouldn’t care if they’re on TV or not.  

Sure. Some ticket holders like Brisket are trying to sell or give away their tickets and can't, though. 

I also wonder if Texas being good makes people care less. That's a tough product to compete with in the fall. 

Issues:
3) Not being on TV
2) Novelty is wearing off
1) This town is full of frontrunners and the team sucked this year in a very boring way

Without a much better team I think this team could be headed for a down year longhorns pattern, with thousands of invisible season ticket holders in attendance for every game.

And the brutal heat/humidity doesn't help. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

That makes me like Wolff more. He knows this season has been a big fuck up. 

Get him some better players and see what happens next season. 

Also - what a bunch of dipshit reporters. Totally on brand for this city and MLS. "I don't get why he isn't ecstatic!"

Have y'all watched us fucking play this season? 

Go Josh. Maybe we can him at some point but he's not going down without a fight. 

Edited by ztejas

After taking a flyer on some cheaper seats last night with the fam, I sat there pondering things in the second half.

There are certain things that must be experienced in person to truly appreciate their immensity.

The Grand Canyon

The Great Wall

The Sistine Chapel

A Completely Unopposed Zardes First Touch

• Haha 2

On 10/8/2023 at 8:49 AM, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

After taking a flyer on some cheaper seats last night with the fam, I sat there pondering things in the second half.

There are certain things that must be experienced in person to truly appreciate their immensity.

The Grand Canyon

The Great Wall

The Sistine Chapel

A Completely Unopposed Zardes First Touch

I'll take "Things Made of Stone" for $200, Alex.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RamjetFDO said:

... that moment when you just don't care whether you watch the last match of the season or not ...

That moment for me was when they took the FC Dallas games off of DFW’s Channel 21 and everything went to Apple TV+.

After that, I have only occasionally caught FS1’s Sunday evening MLS match, but I have basically stopped following the MLS. 🤷‍♂️

Presuming Ring is gone and we can dump Rigoni somewhere, we need to make a DP splash.  Doubt it happens.  

I won’t be surprised if anyone but Driussi is gone.  And frankly, I bet management might sell him at the right price.  

I’d like to see us keep Gallagher. He’s really good, and he’s captain material.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I would like to keep him, Driussi and Stuver.

I'd add Dani to that list, if we can.  Then again, we might be able to get a lot for him in the trade market.

And as for Stuver, the dilemma is that Damien Las is a budding star in the goal....how long can we keep him as an underpaid Austin FC II player?

• Hook 'Em 1

Las is prolly going back to England asap. Even the championship would be a huge leap over some bogus MLS next league and they’re not sitting Stuver until he retires. I only care about keeping Gally, Seba, Owwenn, Dani, Valencia, Kolmanic, and Stu. Everyone else can get fucked including the front office.

11 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Las is prolly going back to England asap. Even the championship would be a huge leap over some bogus MLS next league and they’re not sitting Stuver until he retires. I only care about keeping Gally, Seba, Owwenn, Dani, Valencia, Kolmanic, and Stu. Everyone else can get fucked including the front office.

The new front office?   I mean, they haven’t done anything yet we can see results from, and this was a wasted season for the new guy. Ownership?  Yeah. Ok. I can agree with you some there.  Ownership does need to realize that another season like this one in the Texas heat and other than the north end and the AC controlled club in the Lexus seats, it’s going to be a pretty empty stadium.  I am pretty sure Austin will be a lot more like L.A. football than Portland if there isn’t a good product on the field.  

Edited by A-Tex Devil

The new front office?   I mean, they haven’t done anything yet we can see results from, and this was a wasted season for the new guy. Ownership?  Yeah. Ok. I can agree with you some there.  Ownership does need to realize that another season like this one in the Texas heat and other than the north end and the AC controlled club in the Lexus seats, it’s going to be a pretty empty stadium.  I am pretty sure Austin will be a lot more like L.A. football than Portland if there isn’t a good product on the field.  

I look forward to our continued sellout streak with a half empty stadium.

On 10/23/2023 at 11:45 AM, A-Tex Devil said:

Presuming Ring is gone and we can dump Rigoni somewhere, we need to make a DP splash.  Doubt it happens.  

I won’t be surprised if anyone but Driussi is gone.  And frankly, I bet management might sell him at the right price.  

If we were going to sell him we should have done it two windows ago. There's no way we get back in return a net benefit from what we'd get for him now. 

6 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

It feels like Lima was the only one who could cross worth a shit with Zan out.  A big chunk of our goals this year came off of his crosses. He made mistakes on the backend at times but so did everyone.  Not a big loss if we can figure out our attack. 

He was our worst regular starter last year.  He was one of our most consistent players this year.  I am not sure he improved much.  It explains a lot.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, skittlebrau said:

Oh hey, I broke that Lima news. Also hearing the club could be putting out non-Lima news today. Probably also not the roster option news we’ve been waiting for.

Do you have any idea on what the team is most likely to focus on this offseason or is it looking more like a complete rebuild?