Austin FC

Bottlecap

2 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

I wonder how much of Fondrey, Burton, and Noel we'll see this year.

Fodrey - Probably a bit.

Burton - Josh has said outright that Burton's opportunities are mostly with the second team.

Noel - His big challenge is that he requires an international slot and it seems unlikely that he's enough of a game changer to eat one of those up. And we got this quote from Josh last week "If these guys [Austin FC II players] outperform, there's certainly an opportunity that they could make the first team. I don't envision it happening that way, but I don't close the door on anything.”

Listen to this week's Moontower Soccer for more on Noel and others.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Obviously it's preseason, and we don't really have access to the games, but the starting 11 last night was pretty much exactly the same as last year, and we lost 1-0. I guess I'll adjust my expectations for this season accordingly (so basically, just run last year back). Hope one of these signings can provide a spark here and there. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Chips O'Toole said:

27 minutes in, I believe Minnesota should have 3 goals at this point. We have no buildup and no counter.  

No Seba or Cascante though.  Can't imagine it would matter that much, we are going to be hot trash until (hopefully) the new guys can come on. 

Well it's not our fault. Hard to compete against a team that finished 11th in the West and has an interim head coach!

Well at least he wasn't wide open on that rebound!

On 2/25/2024 at 9:49 AM, skittlebrau said:

Will Bruin knows what’s up

That checks out.  We often sit with some of the Gallagher clan (Gallagher is....not soft).  They are big Will Bruin fans, and they regularly show some frustration with the soft attitude on the team.  Frankly, I'm concerned with the club's ability to hold onto Gallagher long-term because of it.  He's got captain/leader potential.  He puts in the work, during and off-season.  And I get the impression that he's frustrated that many of his teammates don't share his dedication.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That checks out.  We often sit with some of the Gallagher clan (Gallagher is....not soft).  They are big Will Bruin fans, and they regularly show some frustration with the soft attitude on the team.  Frankly, I'm concerned with the club's ability to hold onto Gallagher long-term because of it.  He's got captain/leader potential.  He puts in the work, during and off-season.  And I get the impression that he's frustrated that many of his teammates don't share his dedication.

Played every game last year too.