Victor Wembanyama- basketball's NEXT next unicorn?

shadow_operative

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Is Wemby a sore loser who doesn’t shake hands after a game?

Are you an asshurt Rockets fan that is just mad that you didn't get the #1 pick, and would fellate Wemby endlessly for "being a competitor" if he did it in your favorite team's uniform?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Are you an asshurt Rockets fan that is just mad that you didn't get the #1 pick, and would fellate Wemby endlessly for "being a competitor" if he did it in your favorite team's uniform?

I find it funny that there are stories that he is acting like a bitch in the news the past 2 days.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I find it funny that there are stories that he is acting like a bitch in the news the past 2 days.

Yes. I find it funny too how the media is covering for him, especially after the NBA rigged the lottery for him to go to one of the smallest markets in the league. Wemby's got a horrible attitude problem. Definitely a head case, just a big pampered French baby bitch. Red flags EVERYWWHERE. If we're being honest, the Spurs probably should have cut ties with him after he assaulted Brittney Spears in Vegas. I'm sure he'll be out of the league in a matter of days, that is, if all of his lower extremities don't spontaneously combust first.

In the meantime... there's also this:

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

It was against the pistons though. Doesn't count. 

First time I watched a game since the opener. Wemby is fucking insane. I would literally give up Cade, Ausar, Ivey and Duren for him, and the next 2 first round picks. Fuck it, I would give up the entire pistons team for him and every draft pick til 2030. 

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We're gonna need a better package than that. 

Cade is an alright player but I feel like this is another year that the pistons are going to win the lottery and then get a meh player. 

I guess having the pick of all the meh players is better than dropping to 5th or 7th like they have been doing 

3 hours ago, Kermit said:

But did he shake hands after the game?

There he goes acting like a bitch again and getting punked by Jarett Allen on the regular. Bad ankles, can't stay healthy. Bust.

And I can't conceive of a single trade that the Spurs would make for Wemby. There's certainly nothing on Detroit's roster (or for that matter, in the entire city of Detroit) that could move the needle. OKC could probably come up with a package, but that's about it and it would have to be obscene. 

18 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

There's certainly nothing on Detroit's roster (or for that matter, in the entire city of Detroit)

I don't know. We can get creative. 

- Jim Harbaugh and Aiden Hutchinson to the Cowboys

- The 2004 NBA championship (banners, rings, everything)

- Jalen Rose's game-worn shorts from the Chris Webber timeout game 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I don't know. We can get creative. 

- Jim Harbaugh and Aiden Hutchinson to the Cowboys

- The 2004 NBA championship (banners, rings, everything)

- Jalen Rose's game-worn shorts from the Chris Webber timeout game 

What never comes up during conversations about the Spurs Duncan era run is the excruciating and painful losses. The worst losses in the history of the NBA. No hyperbole. Fucking Derek Fisher. So to add to your list…

- Time Machine ride to 2013 where a Spurs fan chosen at random in a lottery gets to run and punch Ray Allen in the balls as he’s shooting the infamous three. That has to be included in the trade.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Kermit said:

What never comes up during conversations about the Spurs Duncan era run is the excruciating and painful losses. The worst losses in the history of the NBA. No hyperbole. Fucking Derek Fisher. So to add to your list…

- Time Machine ride to 2013 where a Spurs fan chosen at random in a lottery gets to run and punch Ray Allen in the balls as he’s shooting the infamous three. That has to be included in the trade.

If we're doing time machine, can someone go back and punch Manu in the ball right before he fouls Nowitski in 2006?

30 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He's a top 50 player already without question. If you knew you were getting 30-32 mins a night from him he's likely closer to top 30.

He’ll be reevaluated in two weeks.

- Pop, two weeks in the future 

14 hours ago, Kermit said:

He’ll be reevaluated in two weeks.

- Pop, two weeks in the future 

Pop also had this to say on Malaki Branham:

He's one of the worst 50 players in the league already without question. If you knew you were getting 30-32 mins a night from him he's likely closer to worst 30.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i underestimated his ceiling.

I think people will get voter fatigue at some point. Like, really? We're going to give Vic DPOY for the 7th straight time? 

Ben Wallace and Mutombo each got 4. Gobert and Dwight Howard got 3. Ridiculous that Tim Duncan never won it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

He's 20/10/3/1.1/3.2 (league lead bpg) on 46/31/81 splits. Just 2.2 fouls per game, also. And playing less than 29 minutes a night. That's the most obscene rookie stat line since Shaq, probably. 

His per36 numbers are 26/13/4/1.5/4.0. That's like prime Hakeem #s.

The fact that there was ever a discussion about him vs. Chet looks silly already. 

I’m really impressed with Wemby. Incredible, incredible potential. He reminds me of Ralph Sampson- an extremely athletic VERY tall person. If his game develops he’ll be an all-time guy. If it doesn’t he’ll be a cautionary tale. 
he’s definitely not an all-star at this moment. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

20 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I’m really impressed with Wemby. Incredible, incredible potential. He reminds me of Ralph Sampson- an extremely athletic VERY tall person. If his game develops he’ll be an all-time guy. If it doesn’t he’ll be a cautionary tale. 
he’s definitely not an all-star at this moment. 

No but he should at least make an all-defensive team if they voted tomorrow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I haven’t laid attention to the NBA since ~2007 or so and have a question and an observation from this thread. 

1) why are they limiting his minutes so drastically?

2) he moves like he’s barely working. His body isn’t taking much abuse and his size play speed allows him to create space that’s out of reach for virtually every other human.  

Living overseas, so I only really see highlights; but every time I see this kid's highlights, I can't help but wonder why the Spurs have lost so many games. Hoping they get him some help in the offseason, but I'm wondering if Pop is becoming the NBA's Dabo. 

Edited by LateAughtsHorn