2022 Fuck Fantasy Football

shadow_operative2.0

8 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Anyone seen if Kupp is playing today? Shows he’s questionable but can’t find any updates

I have him too.  he is listed as questionable, but all reports are he did limited reps in practice the past 2 days.( not unusual for maintaining injury)

Because Rams vs Panthers isn't until 3PM the injury report won't be out for them until 2:30 or so.  The good thing for me is that if he's designated as OUT, I'm rolling with Henderson on the Rams also at a flex position. Virtually every article says Kupp is expected to play though.

Edited by slorch

I've never had a team like this through 6 weeks. I knew I drafted well but it's fun to have a nice squad - especially because I'm not a big fantasy guy and this is my only league. My teams usually suck. 

Screenshot_20221016-150204.thumb.png.f281e30a21d78c87196d30ddfc93cff1.png

I'm just destroying guys every week. 

And yes my disphit opponent started J Taylor but it won't matter. 

Edited by ztejas

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I've never had a team like this through 6 weeks. I knew I drafted well but it's fun to have a nice squad - especially because I'm not a big fantasy guy and this is my only league. My teams usually suck. 

Screenshot_20221016-150204.thumb.png.f281e30a21d78c87196d30ddfc93cff1.png

I'm just destroying guys every week. 

it’s nice when your opponent starts injured players 😂 😂 😂 

We have a guy in our league that every year does nothing to his team and will starts players that have bye weeks or are ruled out all week.  This week two bye week players and one ruled out with a concussion all week….  We tried getting him booted last year but wasn’t a majority.  It’s just annoying and especially as the season gets close to the end and he gives people an automatic win basically.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

it’s nice when your opponent starts injured players 😂😂😂 

yeah I edited my post to acknowledge that. Fucking dipshits in this league - part of why I was able to draft the team I did. It isn't going to make a shit this week though. 

Spot him 20 at that RB spot and it probably won't matter.

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

We have a guy in our league that every year does nothing to his team and will starts players that have bye weeks or are ruled out all week.  This week two bye week players and one ruled out with a concussion all week….  We tried getting him booted last year but wasn’t a majority.  It’s just annoying and especially as the season gets close to the end and he gives people an automatic win basically.  

in my home league I finally got a cousin of mine to let another relative take over his team a couple weeks ago. Didn’t set his roster all season. 

On 10/16/2022 at 1:14 PM, Hook1997 said:

I’ve played with a couple of guys like that. Unfortunately they will do that and then set their lineup when they play me

But I did catch a break tonight.  My opponent needed Melvin Gordon to score 4 points 

On 10/16/2022 at 3:14 PM, Hook1997 said:

Your commish should go in and select the highest remaining  projected players for the BYE/ Injuries.  It keeps it fair for other teams across the league.  Nobody should just get a gimme that week.

Do that more than once in a season in our league and you are fucking gone.  No vote either.  One of our guys had an appendectomy yesterday and was already reaching out to make arrangements for this Thursday.  We were giving him shit about preparing to die; but life's to short to have fucksticks who don't care in your league.

18 minutes ago, slorch said:

Your commish should go in and select the highest remaining  projected players for the BYE/ Injuries.  It keeps it fair for other teams across the league.  Nobody should just get a gimme that week.

Do that more than once in a season in our league and you are fucking gone.  No vote either.  One of our guys had an appendectomy yesterday and was already reaching out to make arrangements for this Thursday.  We were giving him shit about preparing to die; but life's to short to have fucksticks who don't care in your league.

We have that guy too and somehow he still wins games. 

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

We are going to see some real fun lineups this week with Buff/Philly/Minn/LAR off. That's a bunch of big fucking names just chillin'. 

Last week I played against Jonathon Taylor(out) Keenan Allen( out) and Cordarrelle Patterson(IR).

and lost.

Just picked up the Dolphins DST though, which means I have new  hope for this week...and the Steelers will score 35 with some guy from FedEx at QB.

9 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

We are going to see some real fun lineups this week with Buff/Philly/Minn/LAR off. That's a bunch of big fucking names just chillin'. 

Yup I’ve got Diggs, Krupp, Singletary and Eagles D out this week.  I’m definitely losing.  

I have the Rams D. They are on bye this week. I don't have anyone I want to drop. I'm deepest at RB (Swift, Pierce, Dillon, Sanders, 2 on the bench) but I don't want to drop anyone. I'll probably lose the Rams (who haven't done particularly well anyways) if I let them go for... Jacksonville or Seattle. Should I care about that at all?

I think I'm gonna drop the Rams for the Jags. I've only played fantasy for a few years and didn't follow the NFL that closely before doing that, so I always kinda.... look at the percent rostered as a metric to gauge how other people are valuing players and if what I think I'm seeing makes sense. But maybe people don't change around defenses that much and even if the Rams have been thoroughly average, they are highly rostered for the same reason as any other player that was heavily drafted but has been average (or that fucking 19% who still have Trey Lance rostered).

Edited by Celery Man

5 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I have the Rams D. They are on bye this week. I don't have anyone I want to drop. I'm deepest at RB (Swift, Pierce, Dillon, Sanders, 2 on the bench) but I don't want to drop anyone. I'll probably lose the Rams (who haven't done particularly well anyways) if I let them go for... Jacksonville or Seattle. Should I care about that at all?

I think I'm gonna drop the Rams for the Jags. I've only played fantasy for a few years and didn't follow the NFL that closely before doing that, so I always kinda.... look at the percent rostered as a metric to gauge how other people are valuing players and if what I think I'm seeing makes sense. But maybe people don't change around defenses that much and even if the Rams have been thoroughly average, they are highly rostered for the same reason as any other player that was heavily drafted but has been average (or that fucking 19% who still have Trey Lance rostered).

Just drop the Rams D for 1 game or drop Dillon, he's trash

10 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Tua probably be knocked out in first 5 mins

f3f7ed330a25fbcccd00f594b0d11a89.gif

That's what I told him. My advice to him was to start Dak. His reply was "Are you sure? All of my other qbs are back this week." He also has Lawrence on his roster. Yes 4 qbs...did I mention he's 0-6?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Celery Man said:

drop the Rams D. Any better options than Jacksonville? I think the Jets could tee off on Denver with a backup qb or gimpy, shitty Russell Wilson. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sooo Chubba or Foreman? 

19 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Glad I picked up Eno two weeks ago. I don’t see anyway slow ass Conner takes the job back. Eno had some juice tonight. 

Didn’t play him tonight because still had some doubts but those are looking cleared

We've had a problem with that shit in years past and our commish(good friend of mine) is too damn beta to do anything about it. It usually happens halfway thru the season when someone is out of the running for the $. So early in the season you might play someone who is actually trying, but later on they are basically an easy win. Creates a really unfair situation. I made it clear that shit is over going forward. There's no reason the commish can't fill in the starting roster if some asshole abandons his team.

Edited by Cornpop
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Cornpop said:

We've had a problem with that shit in years past and our commish(good friend of mine) is too damn beta to do anything about it. It usually happens halfway thru the season when someone is out of the running for the $. So early in the season you might play someone who is actually trying, but later on they are basically an easy win. Creates a really unfair situation. I made it clear that shit is over going forward. There's no reason the commish can't fill in the starting roster if some asshole abandons his team.

Man the same guy I called out his competitor for starting 3 players on bye this week,  called me out for a guy who was on my IR list two weeks ago and my guy was cleared to play early on that Sunday after weeks out.  He sent a message in the group text at 10 am complaining about IR abuse….  I hadn’t even checked fantasy yet that day.   Then he sent last week in response to me complain a guy he was playing had 3 guys on a bye or out after noon on Sunday.     “Oh so they magically changed? We all paid the same amount. If he didn't manage to make his lineup then that's it.”   (Well if I forget to take a guy off IR is that not the same I thought) Ahh yea dude actually just added Monday night guys and was cool about it….  Dbag also had already scored like 140 points and was in no threat of losing at the point where he complained about this, (he ended at like 168), cause the other guy playing him had two Monday night players he picked up and dbag was up a lot, guy he was playing scored like 85 points.  Lol. 

Edited by Hook1997

6 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Man the same guy I called out his competitor for starting 3 players on bye this week,  called me out for a guy who was on my IR list two weeks ago and my guy was cleared to play early on that Sunday after weeks out.  He sent a message in the group text at 10 am complaining about IR abuse….  I hadn’t even checked fantasy yet that day.   Then he sent last week in response to me complain a guy he was playing had 3 guys on a bye or out after noon on Sunday.     “Oh so they magically changed? We all paid the same amount. If he didn't manage to make his lineup then that's it.”   (Well if I forget to take a guy off IR is that not the same I thought) Ahh yea dude actually just added Monday night guys and was cool about it….  Dbag also had already scored like 140 points and was in no threat of losing at the point where he complained about this, (he ended at like 168), cause the other guy playing him had two Monday night players he picked up and dbag was up a lot, guy he was playing scored like 85 points.  Lol. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Man the same guy I called out his competitor for starting 3 players on bye this week,  called me out for a guy who was on my IR list two weeks ago and my guy was cleared to play early on that Sunday after weeks out.  He sent a message in the group text at 10 am complaining about IR abuse

I believe you are in the right here my dude.  I still have Tua sitting in IR.  Not gonna move him til needed.