Texas Recruiting Notes 2026: NIL Deals for flying cars

texifornia

On 2/1/2024 at 7:08 PM, Hornlover said:

Seatbelt?

Is that cause he's in charge of Safety? #1 in Protection? 

YouTube channel Deeestroying does WR/DB competitions all over the country. When a DB locks down a receiver or bats a ball away, they say the receiver was “strapped” and do the motions of putting on a seatbelt. 

• 2 weeks later...

QB offering day I guess

San Marcos (Calif.) Mission Hills sophomore quarterback Troy Huhn picked up a huge scholarship offer earlier today from Texas. 

Obviously all scholarship offers are a big deal but some are harder to come by than others. Texas isn’t one of those programs that just throws offers out there, especially at the quarterback position. 

Up to this point, the only ’26 quarterback Texas has offered is Jared Curtis, currently rated the No. 1 overall player in the class in the Top247. You can now add Huhn to that short list as well.

“Coach Sark (Steve Sarkisian) is the one who offered and I’m very excited about it,” Huhn said. “Coach Sark told me I had a great season. He told me I’m going to have a lot of other offers and they don’t just throw them out but he loved my film and offered me.

“I like coach Sark a lot. He’s really easy to relate to since he grew up out here in California and played quarterback. I have a good relationship with coach Milwee as well and looking forward to continuing to build that relationship with them and the rest of the staff. 

Huhn said the offer from the Longhorns was definitely a big deal for him. 

“I’m very exited and feel blessed to have an offer from Texas,” Huhn said. “This one is special since I know Texas doesn’t offer many players and I’m just the second quarterback in my class to get one. 

“I love Texas, it’s a great place and I love the culture there. I visited during the summer and also for a game. The summer visit was cool, I was able to drive around the city and get a feel for the place but game day is totally different. The city comes alive and they pack out the Stadium. I love the area too, I like the South and have been there a lot as a kid.”

It’s obviously early in Huhn’s recruitment but Texas will be a factor moving forward.

“Texas is very high on my list,” Huhn said. “Even before they offered, I liked them a lot and was building a strong connection with coach Milwee and that plays a role in my decision.

“I’m going to visit Texas again during the Spring, possibly for the Spring Game. I want to try and visit over the summer as well and like I said, just want to keep building that connection there."

Huhn is a big, strong quarterback with a cannon for an arm. He’s all of 6-4, 200 pounds and had a strong sophomore season throwing for 1,623 yards and 16 touchdowns, while completing 60% of his passes.

https://247sports.com/Player/troy-huhn-46139834/

Edited by Teryor
  • Like 2

247 Insider notes (Hank South) on 2026 QB recruiting:

Spoiler

Texas on the hunt for its 2026 quarterback

12250067.png?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320 (Photo: Jordan Scruggs, 247Sports)

The Longhorns extended their first two offers at quarterback in the class of 2026 on Wednesday — to the No. 1 signal caller in the nation, Jared Curtis (Nashville, Tenn./Christian School), and 6-foot-4-inch, 195-pound Troy Huhn (San Marcos, Calif./Mission Hills).

With KJ Lacey in place as the staff’s quarterback of choice in 2025, it’s no surprise we’re seeing Steve Sarkisian and AJ Milwee get a jump on the recruiting efforts under center for next year’s cycle.

Who are some other passers on UT’s radar at this juncture?

— Will Griffin, Tampa (Fla.) Jesuit

Ranked No. 59 overall in the Top247 for 2026, Griffin recently attended junior day and what he experienced from being around the program exceeded his expectations.

“Boy, did they show me that and much more,” he told Horns247. “I was very impressed. Coach Sark did an awesome presentation for roughly about 45 minutes. He took us through everything. I love the way he handles practices, games. I also sat down with Coach Milwee. I was very impressed. They have everything scheduled out for what they do through the winter, through the spring — the whole year. I was very impressed.

“The stadium is also very impressive,” he added. “The players, just the way they get them ready for the future, the NFL. Obviously, academic-wise as well, and just being a man, I was very impressed with all that.”

Griffin earned top performer honors at the Under Armour All-America camp in Orlando last weekend. He wants to get back to Austin in the future.

Romin Seymour, Fort Bend Ridge Point

Another recent visitor for junior day, the Top247 quarterback (No. 90 overall) from Missouri City already has offers from schools like Florida, Florida State and Texas A&M. He’s still relatively wide open in the recruiting process, so the Longhorns have plenty of time if they want to make a move here.

Rees Wise, Austin Westlake

Wise attended junior day on the Forty Acres last month and he has seen his stock shoot up on the recruiting circuit. He’s added offers from programs like Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Houston among others in recent weeks after a breakout season with the Chaparrals.

There is no word on whether the Longhorns will join the fold here at this point.

“UT is a special program,” he said after junior day. — HANK SOUTH

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Raja Bell’s son. Burned in my memory from the Spurs-Suns rivalry of the mid 2000s.

It's been pretty funny hearing him talk about Dia on Bill Simmons' pod from like 5 years ago and how the kid seemed like he was leaning towards football and now he's ended up as this level of recruit. 

Side note: Basically all of those visit days are on weekdays. I get he might have a week off for Spring Break but especially when you add in travel that's a lot of school to miss. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Thread name is dumb as fuck. Needs a change, it's embarrassing. 

Plus, damn...it's crazy we're almost on to '26 kids, and let's hope Raycine Guillory sticks. That kid is absolutely different. 

Bitching about stuff without proposing an alternative is a great way to create change while ensuring people like and respect you.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2024 at 6:51 AM, texifornia said:

Bitching about stuff without proposing an alternative is a great way to create change while ensuring people like and respect you.

Sure, I'll come up with something, but even you havr to agree that this thread title is worse than ou's academics, and slightly on par with the aggy corps turds. 

On 2/24/2024 at 7:44 AM, Herbie Hancock said:

Well it’s banana in the tailpipe so I don’t think we have to worry about that last part happening

Hey, it's the guy who chose the name "Herbie Hancock" as their name talking shit about someone else's. Maybe look in the mirror and look past your grotesque features and focus on how fucking dumb your comment is. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

On 2/24/2024 at 7:44 AM, Herbie Hancock said:

Well it’s banana in the tailpipe so I don’t think we have to worry about that last part happening

That sounds like an excellent thread title.