2022-23 Houston Rockets Thread - One More Season of Suckage

BigOrange1

15 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Next year, our pick goes to OKC (top 4 protected) but can replace that with Brooklyn's unprotected 1st.

Yeah, the intentional tank is over. Our pick will likely go to OKC. Hopefully the Brooklyn implosion starts next season when we get their pick. 

Suppose they did sign Harden this off-season to run the point. Draft Victor (fingers crossed), keep Segun at the 5, and use one of the guards as a 2. 

If that happens,what would it take to get Bridges from Brooklyn? Give them back all their picks so they can control their tanking, throw in 1-2 of the young guys that has an uncertain future? I think it's more appealing to the Nets to get picks that they can control, rather than some team that would be getting Bridges and improving significantly. That would be a crazy good team if the stars and planets aligned.

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Suppose they did sign Harden this off-season to run the point. Draft Victor (fingers crossed), keep Segun at the 5, and use one of the guards as a 2. 

If that happens,what would it take to get Bridges from Brooklyn? Give them back all their picks so they can control their tanking, throw in 1-2 of the young guys that has an uncertain future? I think it's more appealing to the Nets to get picks that they can control, rather than some team that would be getting Bridges and improving significantly. That would be a crazy good team if the stars and planets aligned.

Does LeBron hate Harden? James is from LA and he's never expressed one iota of interest in the Lakers. 

I don't like Harden back in Houston. I'm happy he learned how to become a PG in Philly, but he's going to want a super max contract. He'll be 34 next season. I think he has a couple more good years, but he'll spend the big half of his contract on a de facto retirement tour. Getting fat and spending every single night at Treasures. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Does LeBron hate Harden? James is from LA and he's never expressed one iota of interest in the Lakers. 

I don't like Harden back in Houston. I'm happy he learned how to become a PG in Philly, but he's going to want a super max contract. He'll be 34 next season. I think he has a couple more good years, but he'll spend the big half of his contract on a de facto retirement tour. Getting fat and spending every single night at Treasures. 

I don't think so, they have very different lifestyles. I was at a Rockets/Cavs game a long time ago,and I recall those two getting into it all game. They both got called for techs when James tried to steal the ball from Harden and knocked him down, but in the way down Harden kicked Lebron in the nads. Not sure if Lebron remembers that, but I got the impression Harden won't be invited on the next Banana Boat Tour.

Harden in LA would actually work pretty well. His window somewhat matches up with Lebron's, and he could throw lobs all day to AD for the 25 games they play together. Live and party in LA all the time, very close access to Vegas, sounds perfect for Harden. Either that or the Clips if he's willing to take a pay cut.  

You stupids know the worst 3 teams have the same odds. Who gives a shit about the Spurs, they are a worse team than the Rockets. It's the Hornets you have to watch, but they have a 4 game lead on the Rockets for 4th worst. This is a 3-person draft, so it doesn't matter if the Rockets are picking 4-7, because they aren't getting an elite prospect.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

If you draft Wembanyama then you can use Smith and the Nets picks for Bridges, but if they sign Harden, they are signing another veteran like Green. With Wembanyama and Draymond there would be little PT for Smith.

Edited by HtownHorn

35 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You stupids know the worst 3 teams have the same odds. Who gives a shit about the Spurs, they are a worse team than the Rockets. It's the Hornets you have to watch, but they have a 4 game lead on the Rockets for 4th worst. This is a 3-person draft, so it doesn't matter if the Rockets are picking 4-7, because they aren't getting an elite prospect.

You can say whatever you want but if you ask me if I’d rather pick 5 than 7 I will always rather pick 5. If the cost of that is not beating the spurs it’s not like it’s even a question. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You can say whatever you want but if you ask me if I’d rather pick 5 than 7 I will always rather pick 5. If the cost of that is not beating the spurs it’s not like it’s even a question. 

When you figure out no one is as smart as htown horn the better your posting will be. So get in line. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

absofuckinglutely.  give me the scenario where the worst we can do is pick #5 100% of the time.

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Fucking around and going to decide to beat the Bulls tonight, maybe. We have a shit load of winnable games down the stretch. My hope of 5 seed being the worst case scenario is dying. 

You forgot the Rockets are absolutely the worst 4Q team in the NBA. Bulls have tied it up.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

23-11 4Q so far. That's the Silas coaching advantage.

This is like when Luhnow purposely had a shitty bullpen so in case we were winning. We’d have a good chance to lose as a backstop. It’s essential for a tank. 
This would win an extra 8 or 12 games just by being competently coached and trying and having just one or two veterans with a modicum of a clue. 

I think LeBron takes all of the Laker’s money next season, plays in like 42 games, and waits out Bronny’s destination in 2024. 

An organization like the Lakers shouldn’t have to sell their souls/ruin their roster for a decade for 1 measly title. That’s a Timberwolves move right there. 

Also yes, I’m destroyed that the Rockets won again. The Pistons deeply suck. I think it’s insurmountable unless they shut Jabari down which they won’t and probably shouldn’t. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

16 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think LeBron takes all of the Laker’s money next season, plays in like 42 games, and waits out Bronny’s destination in 2024. 

An organization like the Lakers shouldn’t have to sell their souls/ruin their roster for a decade for 1 measly title. That’s a Timberwolves move right there. 

Also yes, I’m destroyed that the Rockets won again. The Pistons deeply suck. I think it’s insurmountable unless they shut Jabari down which they won’t and probably shouldn’t. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but the bottom 4 teams have the same lottery odds, right?  Why would it be better to suck worse than Detroit?

3 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but the bottom 4 teams have the same lottery odds, right?  Why would it be better to suck worse than Detroit?

Bottom 3 have the exact same odds for picks 1-4. #4 odds are slightly worse. The biggest difference is #1 is guaranteed at least a top 5 pick, #2 top 6 and so on. 
https://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

It’s the bottom 3 (14%), but you’re correct - our record relative to Detroit means shit, it’s our record relative to Charlotte….

On 3/16/2023 at 4:14 PM, TonyTexas said:

Bottom 3 have the exact same odds for picks 1-4. #4 odds are slightly worse. The biggest difference is #1 is guaranteed at least a top 5 pick, #2 top 6 and so on. 
https://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

its amazing to me that we're in year 3 of this and people still don't understand how it works.

27 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m digging Falkbrenner’s game. If he’s a really 7’1’’, the Rockets should take a flier on him in the second. 

Do you mean Kalkbrenner? He's likely staying at Creighton for another season, and the Rockets don't have a 2nd round pick this year.

13 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Man, it's too bad Miller is such a piece of shit, he's probably the 2nd best prospect in this draft, and would fit better if the Rockets really signed Harden.

i don't think its going to hurt his draft stock at all (unless something else comes out).  it would probably feel gross rooting for him, but i don't think it would stop the rockets from taking him if they get the #2 or 3 pick.