OKie State at TCU on ABC

Bullneck

1 minute ago, tx ind said:

How the fuck does that happen?  The official wont let them snap the ball and they get a delay of game?

Offense subs late. Defense is allowed to sub if offense does. Defense is not required to sprint. Offense coaches need to be more prepared 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m with Dykes here. I’ve seen a couple plays this year where the offense made substitutions with plenty of time on the play clock but the defense took so long to make theirs that the official held up play until the clock ran out. In one case the offense was forced to call time. In the other they were penalized for delay of game (different teams, different games).

The defense shouldn’t be allowed to bleed the play clock down to zero while they take their sweet time to send in their replacements. There should be some sort of limit. 

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

I’m with Dykes here. I’ve seen a couple plays this year where the offense made substitutions with plenty of time on the play clock but the defense took so long to make theirs that the official held up play until the clock ran out. In one case the offense was forced to call time. In the other they were penalized for delay of game (different teams, different games).

The defense shouldn’t be allowed to bleed the play clock down to zero while they take their sweet time to send in their replacements. There should be some sort of limit. 

Dykes subbed with 14 seconds left. That is way too late 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Every single coach gets mad at that, but it’s their fault for substituting late. Have to give time for defense to substitute. 

How much time do they need? Is making substitutions with 20 seconds on the play clock too late? If the offense is lined up and ready to go with 10-15 seconds left on the play clock, haven’t they given the defense plenty of time to see who was coming off and who was coming on to make their own changes? 

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Pulled players out at 14 seconds left

So where’s the cutoff? Is it in the rule book? I don’t know. But I’ve seen this happen a few times this year and I don’t recall seeing it before. I’m more accustomed to seeing defenses getting penalized for too many players on the field because they didn’t get players off the field before the ball was snapped. It seems like a grey area that could be exploited by a defense.

I don’t want to belabor the point but I think it’s a curiosity and I’ll be keeping an eye out for it happening in other games as the season goes on. 

So where’s the cutoff? Is it in the rule book? I don’t know. But I’ve seen this happen a few times this year and I don’t recall seeing it before. I’m more accustomed to seeing defenses getting penalized for too many players on the field because they didn’t get players off the field before the ball was snapped. It seems like a grey area that could be exploited by a defense.
I don’t want to belabor the point but I think it’s a curiosity and I’ll be keeping an eye out for it happening in other games as the season goes on. 

You finally got there. It’s a gray area that can be exploited by the D. Especially if you’re a bit disorganized like TCU is. We aren’t having that problem and we run up tempo too.

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Alabama got called twice for it in our game. (Delay of game because they subbed late)

Now, I will say OSU just abused it. TCU didn’t sub that late there on the second one, maybe at like 21 seconds. Overall, I think Coaches rightly got mad they were tired of getting penalized for guys running off late when the Offense would sub late, changing formations, not giving defense opportunity to match. 

I don’t know the rule other than if you substitute, the defense is allowed to substitute. So either don’t substitute on every fucking play or if you do, do it early so the defense has time to substitute. I think offenses have been abusing it for a long time, subbing under 15 seconds and then snapping fast and defenses getting penalized. 

Just now, Duane Moore said:

Maybe OSU being a top 10 team and possible GameDay in Stillwater next week is what our guys need to get motivated to play. 

I don't think so, with UCLA at Oregon (both on bye so can't lose this week) and Clemson-Syracuse potentially being two undefeated teams.

Surprised to see TCU regroup and hold OSU to a field goal there afterthe piss poor effort on that screen. I was thinking it was over and OSU will name their number. Still kind of think that, but TCU can stay in it if they answer.