Lina Hidalgo

Nice Guy Eddie

Just now, gmr548 said:

I would bet on none of those votes getting counted. Texas Supreme Court is not in the business of expanding the franchise, especially if they think it could tip it back toward Mealer.

Will it net Mealer 15k votes? No idea.

Probably not.

Let's be real, those type of votes (extremely late on Election Day) are rarely R leaning votes.  If anything, they'd pad Lina's margins. 

Aren't the votes in question for people that showed up AFTER 7pm?  and voters who are already in line at 7pm are allowed to vote?

Honesty I don't have much sympathy for someone that skipped early voting, skipped voting on Election Day normal hours but somehow decided to go the polls after 7pm on Election Day. Do you also show up at parties as the hosts are cleaning up? 

EDIT: I fully understand that the GOP wants to make voting as difficult as possible especially in cities but the Dems have to meet that challenge. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Aren't the votes in question for people that showed up AFTER 7pm?  and voters who are already in line at 7pm are allowed to vote?

Honesty I don't have much sympathy for someone that skipped early voting, skipped voting on Election Day normal hours but somehow decided to go the polls after 7pm on Election Day. Do you also show up at parties as the hosts are cleaning up? 

I have sympathy for me if they're mostly dumbshit democrats. 

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

EDIT: I fully understand that the GOP wants to make voting as difficult as possible especially in cities but the Dems have to meet that challenge. 

I assume a lot of it was because of the big issues in HC - machine issues, locations running out of paper, that one side in EaDo that didn't open until like 4 hours after 7am.  Some people stood in line in one place, they ran out of paper and they had to rush to another location.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I assume a lot of it was because of the big issues in HC - machine issues, locations running out of paper, that one side in EaDo that didn't open until like 4 hours after 7am.  Some people stood in line in one place, they ran out of paper and they had to rush to another location.

Running out of paper is ridiculous. Talk about something that could be 100% prevented with a few dollars and some planning. 

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Running out of paper is ridiculous. Talk about something that could be 100% prevented with a few dollars and some planning. 

My first thought is that they did not anticipate a large turnout on Election Day.  

My second thought is that they figured if it happened, voters could go elsewhere, not accounting for how badly people procrastinate.  One of the benefits of the CWPP. 

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Tell me you don't have a kid in HISD without telling me you don't have a kid in HISD.

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

New machines with new requirements. I'm not surprised that the first real election with them resulted in some chaos. Also, it isn't like it is just paper you can go buy from Office Depot.

Edited by Dahobbs

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Omg just looked it up. She lives on Bayland. The safest and richest street north of I10 inside the loop.

bawhhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahjahaahhaahhahahahahahaahhahahhahahahahahahaja

Thats like someone calling West U unsafe

The entire GOP message this cycle was that the whole city is a lawless hellscape. I live in Meyerland and it's chock full of signs that say "TIRED OF CRIME??? VOTE REPUBLICAN!!". Dudes....it's Meyerland.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Omg just looked it up. She lives on Bayland. The safest and richest street north of I10 inside the loop.

bawhhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahjahaahhaahhahahahahahaahhahahhahahahahahahaja

Thats like someone calling West U unsafe

Well I heard you can’t even leave a case of beer in your garage in plain view of the street when HS students are roaming the streets. You gon’ get jacked. It’s exactly like East St Louis. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

Mealer tweeted a concession on Wednesday morning after results from all 782 voting locations were posted by Harris County Elections. Hidalgo won by 15,957 votes, 50.74% – 49.25%.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/politics/elections/2022/11/09/437134/alexandra-del-moral-mealer-concedes-to-lina-hidalgo-in-harris-county-judge-race/

Mealer, a former U.S. Army captain, resigned from an investment banking job with Wells Fargo

wonder how many fake accounts she opened?

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm interested to see if Mealer will want to continue in politics. Texas GOP loves themselves a tough-talking rich white woman who lies to scare you. 

she has zero interest in all this. im curious what she was promised or how much they paid her to run ?

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm interested to see if Mealer will want to continue in politics. Texas GOP loves themselves a tough-talking rich white woman who lies to scare you. 

Especially if she has a Mezkin-looking maiden name for the yard signs. Same name also proves her rich white backers are most def not racist

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What job? Mayor's a no-go. Plenty of other better known people in the GOP queue for statewide jobs. Like putt said, I think she was just an empty vessel for the local GOP. Doubt we hear from her again.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

What job? Mayor's a no-go. Plenty of other better known people in the GOP queue for statewide jobs. Like putt said, I think she was just an empty vessel for the local GOP. Doubt we hear from her again.

Without a doubt, she would have to look at a statewide job but there aren't any openings at this time.  most likely she will go back to Wells Fargo, and they will give her the backpay she would have earned if she hadn't run this race.

With all of the money behind her, and Lina's vulnerabilities, Mealer showed Harris County has potential to be slightly red. Given that Mattress Mack blew up in many people's eyes over the past week, Mealer could have benefited with an extra week to let Mack hype her.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Without a doubt, she would have to look at a statewide job but there aren't any openings at this time.  most likely she will go back to Wells Fargo, and they will give her the backpay she would have earned if she hadn't run this race.

With all of the money behind her, and Lina's vulnerabilities, Mealer showed Harris County has potential to be slightly red. Given that Mattress Mack blew up in many people's eyes over the past week, Mealer could have benefited with an extra week to let Mack hype her.

But surviving a focused and concerted challenge just made Hidalgo stronger. 

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

if cagle loses, that's a huge story. fuck that douche 

I had missed the story that the maps were redrawn so that Cagle was running in a D+12 precinct now. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/houston/article/Cagle-fights-to-keep-seat-in-Harris-County-17495006.php

This general election will be the first under the new map approved by the Democratic majority on Commissioners Court in a 3-2 party line vote. Democrats now have an advantage of 12 points in Precinct 4, while Republican voters are disproportionately crammed into Precinct 3, giving the GOP a 20-point advantage there, according to an analysis of election results from 2016 to 2020.

gerrymandering can cut both ways. It wouldn't shock me if Austin creates a law that the state legislature gets to draw county precinct maps for counties > 4.5m in population and rhyme with Arris.

• Rage+1 3

The bar is 6 feet underground for the GOP. She’s not really an election denier. She just sucks. And now she’s a loser 

She managed to generate an incredible amount of distaste in my house in a relatively short amount of time. Pretty impressive exhibit of cunty-ness.
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

if cagle loses, that's a huge story. fuck that douche 

We moved to his district last year and cast 2 votes for Lesley this year, feels good. Fuck that guy for defunding the police in Harris County. I hope they strip his name from the nature center up by me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

It's crazy that Lina wins by 15k votes, but Beto wins Harris by 9%, about 100k votes. His presence may have made a difference in this election.

Anecdotally, I know several people in that are blue leaning and were planning on voting Beto and Mealer. They had bought the crime propaganda and thought that Lina was personally letting hardened criminals out on the streets. Once the Chronicle gave their half-assed endorsement to Mealer, they used that to justify their vote in their mind.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

It's crazy that Lina wins by 15k votes, but Beto wins Harris by 9%, about 100k votes. His presence may have made a difference in this election.

Beto, Ryan and Beasley may have lost, but they dragged some important races across the finish line.  Abrams did not.  Warnock probably did more than her. 

Beto - Lina, Briones, the Dem judges and helped with the South Texas seats
Ryan - coattails flipped 2 seats in OH and held another
Beasley - coattails flipped a seat in NC

1 minute ago, royiv said:

Anecdotally, I know several people in that are blue leaning and were planning on voting Beto and Mealer. They had bought the crime propaganda and thought that Lina was personally letting hardened criminals out on the streets. Once the Chronicle gave their half-assed endorsement to Mealer, they used that to justify their vote in their mind.

This was actually common from hearing anecdotes.  The Dem judges and Lina were a little screwed with the ticket splitters over "crime"

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

But surviving a focused and concerted challenge just made Hidalgo stronger. 

In her most recent ad — the one where she talks about growing up in Colombia— she’d finally gotten rid of all traces of that girly whininess tone she’d lapse into when (usually unfairly) attacked. She didn’t sound like she trying too hard to be butch or tuff or whatever; it came across as very natural. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

attack ads / lies are much more effective in local races 

22 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I had missed the story that the maps were redrawn so that Cagle was running in a D+12 precinct now. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/houston/article/Cagle-fights-to-keep-seat-in-Harris-County-17495006.php

gerrymandering can cut both ways. It wouldn't shock me if Austin creates a law that the state legislature gets to draw county precinct maps for counties > 4.5m in population and rhyme with Arris.

10000% that’s going to happen 

Edited by tx 3 putt

215 Bayland

My friends live around the corner from her and walk their dog all over that part of the Heights.

No crime.  I park my car on Pecore all the time - no issues.  She's a lying bitch.

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Beto, Ryan and Beasley may have lost, but they dragged some important races across the finish line.  Abrams did not.  Warnock probably did more than her. 

Beto - Lina, Briones, the Dem judges and helped with the South Texas seats
Ryan - coattails flipped 2 seats in OH and held another
Beasley - coattails flipped a seat in NC

This was actually common from hearing anecdotes.  The Dem judges and Lina were a little screwed with the ticket splitters over "crime"

What do you think and how do you explain that? As mentioned in the other thread, Abrams was a rising star just like Beto. What changed that she couldn't get the band back together of her former coalition and status quo who supported her in the past? I don't recall any self-inflicted wounds or controversy she stepped in from then and now.

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

My friends live around the corner from her and walk their dog all over that part of the Heights.

No crime.  I park my car on Pecore all the time - no issues.  She's a lying bitch.

My kids go to Travis elementary, 100 feet from her front door. Im shocked they dont get robbed/shot at school drop off. Also, im shocked she can stand living literally across the street (maybe 25 feet) from a convenience store!

11 minutes ago, MeerkatBong said:

What do you think and how do you explain that? As mentioned in the other thread, Abrams was a rising star just like Beto. What changed that she couldn't get the band back together of her former coalition and status quo who supported her in the past? I don't recall any self-inflicted wounds or controversy she stepped in from then and now.

She played to the base.

He played to the moderates in GA. 

They took two different paths.  His was better. 

11 minutes ago, MeerkatBong said:

She played to the base.

He played to the moderates in GA. 

They took two different paths.  His was better. 

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

My kids go to Travis elementary, 100 feet from her front door. Im shocked they dont get robbed/shot at school drop off. Also, im shocked she can stand living literally across the street (maybe 25 feet) from a convenience store!

She should consider moving to Spring or Cypress to be with her base if she's so concerned about crime.   Kingwood will take her. 

2bf78c241dcd92de62518e5b5ad51c0a.jpg

Mealers house on right, Everest food convenience store on left. Travis elementary is 100 feet up the street from the intersection. Chickens…. Not pictured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you think that convenience store has muncho chips ? They’re hard to find   

• Drool 1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She should consider moving to Spring or Cypress to be with her base if she's so concerned about crime.   Kingwood will take her. 

woodlands / karenville is the perfect place for her 

Edited by tx 3 putt