Texas vs oklahoma state - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

Blowing a lead sucks but we were killed by injuries, qb can't play worse, receivers can't play worse, refs as one sided as they can be although we earned almost all of ours, most of our all world oline recruiting class is watching from the sidelines and we lost by 7 to basically a top 10 team on the road in a game 95% of this board had down as a loss before the season. Now, let's lose our fucking minds about it.

Are you that same mother fucker that tells everyone to calm down when the good majority of this message board recognizes the pitfalls that Texas is going to fall into before they fall into it, leading to losses that are very easily winnable games if the staff had even a modicum of sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Where’s RoJo, the leader of all leaders. Or Overshown? Are they two of the few who are identifiable? How many coaches are already in the locker room? Where are the guys who were talking shit about 5 star culture last week? Lol at 91, like he hopes nobody sees the Hook ‘em that his parents are making him do for the family pic. 

10 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Outside of Roschon this team just doesn’t have that guy that’s “ride or die”. 
Team full of frontrunners. Guys that love winning more than they hate losing. 
So frustrating to watch. 

This is just disrespectful. Bijan gets a hand off and breaks like 4 tackles and carrries 4 OSU defenders late in the game for a first down. Plenty of players going all out. Couple that don’t. 

• Hook 'Em 4

57 minutes ago, Skipper said:

It's probably been discussed but Worthy's deep routes are a big fucking problem.  And it was noticeable game 1 and hasn't been fixed.  I don't know if he is just a bad route runner, has trouble locating balls, or just too frequently gives shit effort, but it's got to get fixed.  He's too good of a player to not be an asset down the field.

What you've described is that he is not too good of a player because he hasn't gotten better. I think he doesn't have football smarts and that plus being worried about injury is what makes him a fast guy who can catch a ball now and again. But he isn't someone that you should throw as many times as Ewer threw to him in this game. Either Ewer was trying to put the ball in a safer place where the defense wasn't and Worthy couldn't adjust, or Ewer wasn't able to make the throw that Worthy was expecting on his route. How many throws where attempted when it was obvious that they weren't on the same page? Why were they allowed to keep wasting downs?

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

Chris Simms against Colorado says hello. Mack finally pulled him out but maybe only because Chris hurt a finger on his throwing hand, or that was the story that was told. 

Well there were also those multi-interception games against UH in the late 80s when we gave them 60+ 3 straight years, but at least they were throwing it somewhere in the vicinity of a guy in Burnt Orange.  Even Garret Gilbert vs. Alabama managed to get us back into the game before fumbling it away.

• Fuck You 1

Where’s RoJo, the leader of all leaders. Or Overshown? Are they two of the few who are identifiable? How many coaches are already in the locker room? Where are the guys who were talking shit about 5 star culture last week? Lol at 91, like he hopes nobody sees the Hook ‘em that his parents are making him do for the family pic. 

Um how many of those are NOT Westlake or LT kids?

2 hours ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

Are you that same mother fucker that tells everyone to calm down when the good majority of this message board recognizes the pitfalls that Texas is going to fall into before they fall into it, leading to losses that are very easily winnable games if the staff had even a modicum of sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no I'm the motherfucker that calls out you fucking idiots that scream run the fucking ball and the next series we run 3 times for nothing then punt and you idiots say Sark is turtling.

I didn't think OSU played like a top 15 team but I don't know much.  What I do know is that it is the coaches job to hold the players accountable, and to stick with the gameplan.  I find it very hard to believe the gameplan was to have Rojo with 3 or less carries in the 2nd half.  

And of course it is obvious that no coach was going to hold Ewers or receivers accountable for the bad pass plays.  

After about two series of that stuff, I think most on this board were calling for Card or running game only.  Of course there is also the option of shorter passes.  When was the last time we completed a slant?  Out?  Curl?  I loved the old-fashioned RB screen against IState.  

With Card, you would have had the threat of a QB run, and we saw what happened on the one play called back when Ewers ran.  

winnable game, need better coaching.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

I didn't think OSU played like a top 15 team but I don't know much.  What I do know is that it is the coaches job to hold the players accountable, and to stick with the gameplan.  I find it very hard to believe the gameplan was to have Rojo with 3 or less carries in the 2nd half.  

And of course it is obvious that no coach was going to hold Ewers or receivers accountable for the bad pass plays.  

After about two series in 2nd half of that stuff, I think most on this board were calling for Card or running game only.  Of course there is also the option of shorter passes.  When was the last time we completed a slant?  Out?  Curl?  I loved the old-fashioned RB screen against IState.  

With Card, you would have had the threat of a QB run, and we saw what happened on the one play called back when Ewers ran.  

winnable game, need better coaching.  

It's probably been discussed but Worthy's deep routes are a big fucking problem.  And it was noticeable game 1 and hasn't been fixed.  I don't know if he is just a bad route runner, has trouble locating balls, or just too frequently gives shit effort, but it's got to get fixed.  He's too good of a player to not be an asset down the field.
Makes you wonder if his eyes need checking. Is he having problems locating the ball in the air because he can't see it? Is he too much of a "man" to let on he can't see clearly?

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

show me a series yesterday we went 3-runs-out

maybe we did

all i remember is run-duck-duck-out

On the series immediately after the OkSt returner touched the punt and we recovered, we went Bijan run for 6, Bijan run for no gain, Roschon run for 1 and Ewers-to-Roschon for completed pass for no gain on 4th & 3. That's as close as we got to three runs and punt yesterday.

30 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Questioning the players effort in this loss is fucking dumb. We lost because of coaching.

its the coaches job to pull ewers in the 3rd quarter when he sucks ass. Its the coaches job to make halftime adjustments. Its the coaches job to scheme the offense and defense to a win

We lost for a bunch of reasons mainly shit execution.  I think Sark should have pulled Ewers but I understand the argument for keeping him in.  As bad as he played for 3.5 quarters he actually made winning throws and plays the last few drives (perfect 3rd down ball to Worthy that X didn't locate when game was tied, long scramble with BS holding call, hitting Sanders in the hands to give us a shot resulting in a pick).  The most frustrating thing about this game is, with their injuries, I think we line up and win that game 9 out of 10.  It was just a complete offensive implosion the last 10 drives.

• Hook 'Em 1