Texas vs oklahoma state - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

3 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Not a good look (againemoji35.png). Most of coaches, staff , and players, went to locker room vs staying for Eyes postgame…c07813e46a2e1f8ed9fc73b3f8067e44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Help me out here... has participation in the Eyes of Texas ever been a big deal after a loss on the road?

• Hook 'Em 1

It's pretty fucking crazy what we all just witnessed from Quinn and the receivers. The good news is I doubt he'll ever be that bad again. The bad news is we have a horse taint licking dipshit calling the plays. However, I bet after the by week these guys will be super motivated to fuck shit up. I just can't see a worse performance out of these guys again. Sure, they'll make mistakes because they're human, but I can see Rojo making those guys do gassers and other stuff to prove a point, as well as Quinn getting together with his WR's that give a fuck and work on getting on the same page. I still think the future is bright. I don't think we'll win out, but I can see us winning another 3 games, regardless of Sark being a retard. 

Maybe it's hope speaking, or even the Xanax and shrooms, but the world isn't ending. They've got this. God I hope they've got this at least. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

It's pretty fucking crazy what we all just witxnessd from Quinn. The good news is I doubt he'll ever be that bad again.

Why can't he be that bad again?  He was bad against ISU.  I hope you are right.  But I am  in a show-me state.  Ewers showed how bad he can be.  He could be worse.  He has also shown that he can be very good.  I won't predict what he will be next week.  No reason to assume anything now.  Let's just watch and comment on how he performs week to week.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Monahorns said:

Why can't he be that bad again?  He was bad against ISU.  I hope you are right.  But I am  in a show-me state.  Ewers showed how bad he can be.  He could be worse.  He has also shown that he can be very good.  I won't predict what he will be next week.  No reason to assume anything now.  Let's just watch and comment on how he performs week to week.

19/49 is pretty fucking insane, that's why I don't think he'll be that bad again from a statistical standpoint. He'll have bad games, but not 19/49 bad. That's like historically bad. 

5 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

SIAP but Bobby Burton said in the postgame show that Anthony Cook broke his arm. 

Damn. Sucks for the kid, and my thoughts are with him. 

7 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

19/49 is pretty fucking insane, that's why I don't think he'll be that bad again from a statistical standpoint. He'll have bad games, but not 19/49 bad. That's like historically bad. 

That is reasonable to say, but what if he throws a couple of pick 6s?  You can't assume any peak or valley with Texas football.  That is the lesson since 2010.  Just watch and comment.  Assuming anything either way will make you a fool.  If this was Ewers worst game ever then I am glad we will never have to see worse. But I won't assume anything except that Texas can surprise the fans in the most negative of ways.

4 minutes ago, Monahorns said:

That is reasonable to say, but what if he throws a couple of pick 6s?  You can't assume any peak or valley with Texas football.  That is the lesson since 2010.  Just watch and comment.  Assuming anything either way will make you a fool.  If this was Ewers worst game ever then I am glad we will never have to see worse. But I won't assume anything except that Texas can surprise the fans in the most negative of ways.

And that's also fair. Like I said in my original post, he's going to have bad games, just not THIS bad with how many overthrows he had (but I'm also blaming a ton on Worthy's laziness and giving up). We can meet in the middle and just say we'll see bad again (more than once), but I don't think we're gonna see 19/49 bad. That's...just almost campfire horror story bad. What is that, like 38% completion pct? Jeez. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

7 hours ago, TriStone said:

1/6 for 0 yards when we were in position to put the game away.  I know Surly tends to shits its pants and set its hair on fire in the face of adversity, but this Card-as-Savior position has no supporting evidence.

You like this sequence of Quinn throwing downs as supporting evidence?

incomplete

sack

incomplete

incomplete

complete

incomplete

incomplete

complete

incomplete

incomplete

dont be obtuse about QB1.  If a guy is playing bad, and over and over and over cant get the throws done, with zero respect for the pass, put in QB2 who can run to change up the pace. 

card doesnt need to save the season, he just needs to not lose the fucking game  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Monahorns said:

Pride...pride is the answer....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I want to hear more about the fights between Savion Red and some coach and Jahdae Barron and some other coach. 

Jahdae got flagged for some bullshit and they tried to coach him and he played the ball perfect and he knew it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Well one thing you can say about Arch is he’s not motivated by NIL.  Dude already has money and he’s the type to care/not be distracted regardless of his NIL.  Quinn is probably more talented but he may not be putting in the work and the team sees that.  If you’re going to try to be like Vince you damn sure better perform on game day like Vince did.  Arch is more like Colt he may be a little less talented than Ewers but he’ll be so prepared that it won’t slow him down.  

• Hook 'Em 1

This is a soft team, reflective of today’s situation in college football as well as poor coaching.

Football is about imposing will on the person and team in front of you. These days it’s about making sure we’re babying egos so they don’t portal out or offending their delicate sensibilities. Talent and scheme will not win without fight and will to win.

This is a Sark team. If you think he will do differently next year you’re delusional. He loses big games. He will continue to lose big games. Keeping Quinn I. The game and staying with the heavy pass was stupidity.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Well one thing you can say about Arch is he’s not motivated by NIL.  Dude already has money and he’s the type to care/not be distracted regardless of his NIL.  Quinn is probably more talented but he may not be putting in the work and the team sees that.  If you’re going to try to be like Vince you damn sure better perform on game day like Vince did.  Arch is more like Colt he may be a little less talented than Ewers but he’ll be so prepared that it won’t slow him down.  

'Member when Mack Brown had the wisdom to replace Vince with Chance Mock against Tech when Vince was struggling as a freshman?

I 'member.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=233190251

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 2

What happened to the diamond formation in the backfield that we got a peek at against Alabama? Why do we run stuff that works then stop doing using it??

If Red has that much passion, put him out there and see what he can do. Give someone else a shot if the starters are mailing it in. Brennan Thompson made a great play when he got a chance.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Blowing a lead sucks but we were killed by injuries, qb can't play worse, receivers can't play worse, refs as one sided as they can be although we earned almost all of ours, most of our all world oline recruiting class is watching from the sidelines and we lost by 7 to basically a top 10 team on the road in a game 95% of this board had down as a loss before the season. Now, let's lose our fucking minds about it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Blowing a lead sucks but we were killed by injuries, qb can't play worse, receivers can't play worse, refs as one sided as they can be although we earned almost all of ours, most of our all world oline recruiting class is watching from the sidelines and we lost by 7 to basically a top 10 team on the road in a game 95% of this board had down as a loss before the season. Now, let's lose our fucking minds about it.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

7 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

What is wrong about this point is that it doesn’t matter who thought what about the OSU game BEFORE the season when you find yourself up 31-17 late in the 2Q….you WIN that fucking game. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

What is wrong about this point is that it doesn’t matter who thought what about the OSU game BEFORE the season when you find yourself up 31-17 late in the 2Q….you WIN that fucking game. 

Of course it matters if you want to live in the real world

14 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Of course it matters if you want to live in the real world

So you go through life with the "well I expected that to suck, and even though I had myself in a great position for it not to suck and then I blew it I'm just cool because before it started I thought it would suck and so all is well" attitude.  Nice defense mechanism bro.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Jahdae got flagged for some bullshit and they tried to coach him and he played the ball perfect and he knew it. 

Jahdae, i could be wrong, but the play im thinking of, it was a blatant foul on our DB...it was the play on our sideline and the coach confronted him and was like why did you push the guy.... things flared from there. 

40 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I respectfully disagree with this statement.  Up 14 in the first half is not a guaranteed win for any team in the country and especially a team that has a defense that is absolute dogshit which ours has proven to be.  I wouldn't trust our defense to be able to hold a 14 point lead with 2 minutes left in the game let alone the first half. 

48 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

you had this game as a win before the season?

Dude we were favored by 6.5 points yesterday. This shtick is fucking embarrassing. That was a brutal, completely avoidable loss that likely takes us out of conference title contention and that hammered home that our head coach has no fucking idea what he's doing. 

There is no bright side or silver-lining here. There is nothing that we shouldn't lose our heads over. Just another humiliating 2nd half performance on the road, embarrassment on the national stage and wasted season. The rest of us are tired of losing 4 or 5 games like clockwork, being an afterthought to win the conference, and making bad coaching hires every 3-4 seasons. Anyone that can live with yesterday's result is a dipshit that hasn't figured out yet that Sark is most likely never going to win here or anywhere else. Someone competent on the sidelines would have this roster at 7-1 and ranked well inside the top 10. We wouldn't know it because we haven't had anyone competent coach here in almost a decade. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I respectfully disagree with this statement.  Up 14 in the first half is not a guaranteed win for any team in the country and especially a team that has a defense that is absolute dogshit which ours has proven to be.  I wouldn't trust our defense to be able to hold a 14 point lead with 2 minutes left in the game let alone the first half. 

I never said it was a guaranteed win, I'm addressing the "oh well it was an expected loss before the season so just be fine with it" attitude.  That's the ridiculous take given how it played out.   The moment the fans are just fine with the kind of bullshit that we saw yesterday is the moment we become Cal.  Now should you go into meltdown histrionics, lose your shit, break TVs, let it ruin your whole week etc? no that may be a bit much, but being pissed and expecting more isn't some invalid emotion when it was right there for the taking.....AGAIN.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Execution was bad  But other than Ewers looking like a HS freshman, the other disturbing thing is a pattern of standing around on defense, which is why OSU got that last TD.  Jamison wrapped him up and two other guys just stopped and watched.  When he slipped away from Jamison, it was a TD.  Same thing happened with one of those long TDs last week.

What happened to running to the ball?  Is it a fear of late hit penalties?  Laziness?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

You should stab yourself in the face for that post.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Dude we were favored by 6.5 points yesterday. This shtick is fucking embarrassing. That was a brutal, completely avoidable loss that likely takes us out of conference title contention and that hammered home that our head coach has no fucking idea what he's doing. 

There is no bright side or silver-lining here. There is nothing that we shouldn't lose our heads over. Just another humiliating 2nd half performance on the road, embarrassment on the national stage and wasted season. The rest of us are tired of losing 4 or 5 games like clockwork, being an afterthought to win the conference, and making bad coaching hires every 3-4 seasons. Anyone that can live with yesterday's result is a dipshit that hasn't figured out yet that Sark is most likely never going to win here or anywhere else. Someone competent on the sidelines would have this roster at 7-1 and ranked well inside the top 10. We wouldn't know it because we haven't had anyone competent coach here in almost a decade. 

We were a 5-7 team last year. They were a 12-2 team ranked #7 in final poll returning most of their production including 4 year QB who is 18-2 at home including last 11. They are 6-1 this year and will be top ten team in next poll again. We had lost the only true road game we'd played. There were signs we shouldn't have been favored and it had more to do with who OSU is then who we thought we might be.

11 minutes ago, bullet said:

Execution was bad  But other than Ewers looking like a HS freshman, the other disturbing thing is a pattern of standing around on defense, which is why OSU got that last TD.  Jamison wrapped him up and two other guys just stopped and watched.  When he slipped away from Jamison, it was a TD.  Same thing happened with one of those long TDs last week.

This.  The fucking secondary too often just stands and watches someone else almost make the tackle and then go "on shit" and try to recover too late. Whatever it is, lack of effort, poor alignment with the D-line, or just shitty play, it's got to get fixed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It's probably been discussed but Worthy's deep routes are a big fucking problem.  And it was noticeable game 1 and hasn't been fixed.  I don't know if he is just a bad route runner, has trouble locating balls, or just too frequently gives shit effort, but it's got to get fixed.  He's too good of a player to not be an asset down the field.

2 hours ago, hookem48 said:

WE were killed by injuries? Okie Lite had half a dozen starters on the bench with injury and Sanders was playing through a hurt shoulder. Jesus fucking Christ the excuses keep getting worse.

And yeah, when your QB and your recivers all suck on gameday and keep making mistakes that's a coaching problem dude. There are these things called practices that happen before each game where bullshit like that is ironed out by coaches who know what they're doing.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

WE were killed by injuries? Okie Lite had half a dozen starters on the bench with injury and Sanders was playing through a hurt shoulder. Jesus fucking Christ the excuses keep getting worse.

And yeah, when your QB and your recivers all suck on gameday and keep making mistakes that's a coaching problem dude. There are these things called practices that happen before each game where bullshit like that is ironed out by coaches who know what they're doing.

Or maybe we overrate our own players a tad.....

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, bullet said:

I can't think of a time a Texas QB played worse and, well, let's just say I got to see Earl play as a student, so its been a long time.

Chris Simms against Colorado says hello. Mack finally pulled him out but maybe only because Chris hurt a finger on his throwing hand, or that was the story that was told. 

• Rage+1 2