Texas vs oklahoma state - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Worthy has always been overrated, imo.  He's fast as shit, but small and doesn't have much in the way of ball skills.  We all thought, oooh just wait til he puts on some weight.  That's never really been the issue.

He's a great WR that has room to improve. He also didn't do great today. I would have liked to have seen more JWitt and JT earlier in the game. I'm not sure if they weren't open, or if Ewers tends to favor Worthy more. Tough to really see the entire field while watching a game.

How are people blaming the WRs? Ewers sucked. That is it. The question is: why the FUCK did we throw almost 50 times? Why no handoffs to the guy in motion. The motion was working so well early, then we went away from it. I am beginning to think, for the first time, that Sark isn’t the answer. I am tired of this. Can we PLEASE burn and get rid of all the “All Gas No Brakes” shit? We suck at keeping the lead and everyone knows it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Fico said:

Lol..: this isn’t a coaching fail. The players had plenty of chance with favorable matches….

fucking make a play defense or offense. Literally anyone…. It wasn’t a great out scheming it was fuck lack of players willing to make a god damn play. Anyone else arguing otherwise doesn’t understand.

Fucking hit them In the mouth and make god damn plays. It’s so frustrating, just fucking do your job. 

I saw both coach fail and what you are saying here.  It was coach fail to call for that last snap of the half. That was very WTF. It was coach fail to not sit Ewers in the 3rd and let Card dink and dunk with short passes just to throw OSU D off. He isn't all world but he would have been a change that would make their D uncertain. They were keying on the run and it wasn't going anywhere. If Card had made some short throws, it might have opened the run game up. But even if he had done that with Ewers, it might have helped settle him into the game.  I don't know but they don't pay me to figure shit out and it is on a coach when he doesn't change shit up to help his team. 

A tentative team performing like you are talking about needs a coach who will talk them out of their tepidassness and get them to perform what they know...what is muscle memory shit.  That didn't happen and I say it is on both coaches and players.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dignan said:

How are people blaming the WRs? Ewers sucked. That is it. The question is: why the FUCK did we throw almost 50 times? Why no handoffs to the guy in motion. The motion was working so well early, then we went away from it. I am beginning to think, for the first time, that Sark isn’t the answer. I am tired of this. Can we PLEASE burn and get rid of all the “All Gas No Brakes” shit? We suck at keeping the lead and everyone knows it. 

The OL isn't dominant enough to run only. Some pass game is needed to make the opposing D respect it. The way Ewers played today, they didn't have to. I mean, yeah there were a few good holes opened. But not consistently.

OSU fans were brutal in the 4th quarter. So many trolls doing horns down at us. I haven't looked at the box score but Worthy's numbers can't be great. Quinn and him just weren't on the same page at all. 
20221022_174409.thumb.jpg.167503091ca92dbbc9f1883f58b18a0a.jpg

Yeah I didn’t see any horns down in the broadcast until they went up. Pussies.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

With decent QB play we win 48 to 35.  

Hudson Card probably wins that game as insane as it is to say

Quinn is better overall but it wasn't his day

Look at Clemson. They switched QBs in the 2nd half and scored 17 points in their next 3 drives

Some days it's just not your day. It wasn't Quinn's day.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Dignan said:

I think you are having a problem reading. Nobody said Ewers was good today. Maybe the biggest play of the game was Worthy dropping the TD pass in the 4Q. You have Red going nuts on the sideline, because he didn’t go out on a RPO called on 3rd down and Quinn had to throw the ball away. Game ended on a strike to Sanders that bounced off his hands and into a OSU players hands 

1 minute ago, Stunns38 said:

After TCU gave us the footprint last week, lol. I’m done with Sark.

I'm with you. They were on their 3rd center and we still couldn't get to the passer. Their qb was hurt and still made better passes than our wunderkind. That's pretty fucking impressive stuff. 

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

A QB can't go 19/49 with 3 INTs and win against a decent team. That's not a thing. Quinn played like shit. I love him, but he played like absolute fucking dogshit. He's a freshman.

Worthy... I don't know what the fuck.

Sophomore slump, I'd guess. That, and he's more worried about NIL than learning to adjust to the ball. 

1 minute ago, MotownHorn said:

Hudson Card probably wins that game as insane as it is to say

Quinn is better overall but it wasn't his day

Look at Clemson. They switched QBs in the 2nd half and scored 17 points in their next 3 drives

Some days it's just not your day. It wasn't Quinn's day.

The Clemson comparison is just bad. They replaced their QB, who went 2/4 with 19 yards. They got a couple calls and ran the balll down Cuse’s throat. 

Dabo Sweeney replaced his starter with a true freshman today when his starter was struggling...and not as badly as Ewers was. Klubnik provided a spark…and Clemson won. We had an experienced junior ready to go in.

NC-winning coaches like Sweeney and Saban (Tua in NC game vs GA) make this move when the starter is this off. 

Sarkisian is not and never will be at that level. Great OC…not a HC. 

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I will say on most of the pass interference calls, our guys had their heads turned toward the ball.  Basically the B12 is saying if you touch a receiver and you’re a Longhorn, penalty.   Half their yards were PI.  That’s some bullshit.  

Major fucking bullshit calls all day. And the fact that they didn't get a single fucking penalty is just...crooked. That's some points shaving shit if I've ever seen. 

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The Clemson comparison is just bad. They replaced their QB, who went 2/4 with 19 yards. They got a couple calls and ran the balll down Cuse’s throat. 

A quarterback almost couldn’t play worse than Ewers today unless they were doing it on purpose

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I think you are having a problem reading. Nobody said Ewers was good today. Maybe the biggest play of the game was Worthy dropping the TD pass in the 4Q. You have Red going nuts on the sideline, because he didn’t go out on a RPO called on 3rd down and Quinn had to throw the ball away. Game ended on a strike to Sanders that bounced off his hands and into a OSU players hands 

I’m going off of all the comments “wr played like shit.” Maybe they did, but a qb can’t play like Ewers did and win a game. Hell, the announcers couldn’t get over the fact at how many “overthrows” he had. He was off all game and it was obvious early. Can’t blame the WRs when the QB can’t get the ball to them. 

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm with you. They were on their 3rd center and we still couldn't get to the passer. Their qb was hurt and still made better passes than our wunderkind. That's pretty fucking impressive stuff. 

I didn't pay too much attention to the line of scrimmage. Two OSU chop blocks jumped out at me, but several here commented on OSU holding. I can't confirm that without rewatching it on youtube, but I'd not be at all surprised to find it true. It's happened a lot already this season and I fully expected it. Our interior dudes are a handfull when trying.

On the flip side though, their DL played pretty inspired ball against our OL and thought our guys didn't play their best game this season.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Sorry. It seemed like a similar game to me mostly because the officials were fucking the road team in both games

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

A QB can't go 19/49 with 3 INTs and win against a decent team. That's not a thing. Quinn played like shit. I love him, but he played like absolute fucking dogshit. He's a freshman.

Worthy... I don't know what the fuck.

The crazy thing is we may have actually been able to win with a 14/49 3 INT Qb if we didn’t also have refs that called a 14/0 penalty game.

seriously - if you’re that quick to pull out the flag there is no way the other team has ZERO penalties the entire game. Give me a fucking break.

• Hook 'Em 2

There must be a lot of disfunction with the players and staff. That scuffle in the Horns' bench and skipping the eyes by quite a few of them is telling. You can't win much if you are not on the same page. Shit is going to be tough going the rest of the season. Fuck.

Edited by burntorangebongos

Just now, burntorangebongos said:

There must be a lot of disfunction with the players and staff. That scuffle in the Horns' bench and skipping the eyes by quite a few of them is telling. You can't win much if you are not on the same page. Shit is going to be tough going the rest of the season. Fuck.

I really want to know that the hell Savion Red was going on about in the 3Q. He sure seemed to have a lot to say for a guy with less than 10 snaps the entire season.

3 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

That's fine, they'll probably hold a players only meeting...again.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

I really want to know that the hell Savion Red was going on about in the 3Q. He sure seemed to have a lot to say for a guy with less than 10 snaps the entire season.

It was odd. He completely screwed up on 3rd down, so I sure he was getting yelled at. I don’t know why he had a thought that he should tell back