Texas vs oklahoma state - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

Just now, mdmost said:

This loss is on Sark. Just a fucking shitshow of a 2nd half. I simply do not understand offensive coaches who are unable or unwilling to stop forcing something in when it's not working. There's a reason Sark has a shitty road record and 1 score record. He may just not have the mentality to pull out a win unless the other team shits the bed. 

Agreed. He's gotta learn how to manage a fucking game. He always talks about the flow of the game and calling it accordingly, but that clearly didn't happen here. 

He should have leaned on the run like he did last week.

The middle of the field was baby shit, and we let their guys catch contested balls over and over. 

But really, the defense was bad, but Quinn lost this game with whatever the fuck was going on with him. Sark trusted him to a fault, but you'd think he'd get it together at some point.

Maybe this will tap the brakes all the fucking way on his Ewers hype train. He needs to figure out how to adjust his passes. I thought it was Casey fucking Thompson out there at times.

2 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Did Ewers run the ball at all? A QB can scramble then fuckng slide. They were totally keying on our RBs,  a few keepers for five or ten yards could have made a world of difference. Sarked again

Yeah, and then it got called back when they called a weak ass holding penalty on Christian Jones. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Why do people keep paying for Longhorn Foundation (basically PSLs) and for season tickets for this Dumpster-Fire SHIT?

Call me a bad fan and alum, but I gave up my club season tickets several years ago. Of course I get the annual call about renewing, my answer is I am not getting any return on my investment.  Also, it just does not make sense to spend many thousands of dollars and not enjoy the games.  I contribute those dollars to the school now in a different manner.  Big cigars can take care of athletics.

Just like the Purdue game in the tournament when we got out shot in free throws 46-12. If you don't think officiating affected this game then maybe you need to step away and find a new hobby. Yes Sark and Quinn had bad moments but 7 point loss with a 14-0 penalty margin is pretty hard to blame anyone. This game would have swung immensely on at least 1 OSU penalty on any given drive. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sorry refs horse fucked us again. 14 penalties for 120 yards vs 0-0. Just blatant Rig XII cheating. Holding call on us on Ewers run at the end was pure bullshit. Fuck this crooked conference. Let’s just leave and fight it out in court. Cheating POS human beings.

• Hook 'Em 3

FYI, the streaming was the shittiest I've ever seen it. Everyone in the nation must have been trying to stream it. Severe stuttering. Dead leads. Can't tell you how many times action from another game or earlier into the game simply cut into feed. Sportssurge was pure shit today.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

1 minute ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

FYI, the streaming was the shittiest I've ever seen it. Severe stuttering. Dead leads. Can't tell you how many times action from another game or earlier into the game simply cut into feed. Sportssurge was pure shit today.

That shitty feed did you a favor. You missed NOTHING but misery. 

Edited by Lhorn

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Weird because it doesn't affect the other teams. 

Weird, because I have no idea what kind of haircut the Ohio State QB has, the Clemson RB doesn’t have his own mustard, and I don’t know how many other teams have luxury brands sending entire teams bags. We’re all flash and exposure. Nothing of football substance. 

The Longhorn Football program doesn’t have football as the first priority. It’s been like that since the twilight years of the Deloss Dodds era. 

Watched the game on my phone in the car. Told the wife we better play disciplined, because we had no margin for error.  The refs were going to job us if they got the opportunity.  Our only hope was to make plays and take it out of their hands.  When we went up by 17 I briefly thought we were out of the woods.

Then Sark turtled on his playcalling, and PK ran home to his soft zone mommy, and all of a sudden it felt inevitable.

It didn’t help that Ewers didn’t have it today (again), Worthy was loafing and had to be spoon fed receptions because he sure as shit wasn’t going to lay out and make a play on any of the off throws, and a few extremely well timed flags killed anything we got going.

TLDR;  We played like shit, and the refs put in the screw job.  Not a single penalty on a college football team that played an entire game.  As if that’s even possible.

• Hook 'Em 1

Glad he’s got million or so in the bank…(I got some fuck you rep for suggesting he was not ready for the pros) this is not even the best defense we face ending the season. KState is coming with lead pipes and that’s on the road too…there are plenty of quarterbacks that don’t make the nfl that can throw a long ball. If he’s not hurt then he has a long way to go to get paid. If he was hurt fuck Satk for not pulling him. Fuck Sark anyway for acting like he couldn’t even comprehend what was happening on the damn field. 

02BA2AB8-D1CB-41BB-A23B-8E200B427E50.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

Dear Arch,

Can't wait to see you!

Love,

Surly

Negged for sounding like aggy. It is the next QB that will save us from a shitty coach. QB played bad but it will not change if your coach is stubborn on making play calls that are not working. They adjust and stop run and he keeps running into a wall. Your QB is having a bad day lets keep asking him to make throws he has been missing instead of giving him a bunch of short easy confidence rebuilding throws.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 59 Burst said:

I never bitch about officiating, but zero penalties? Most people admit you could call holding on pretty much every play. To not call a single one just looks…bullshit.

To me, the most egregious were two obvious OsSU chop blocks not called, and the phantom holding call on Jones that negated Ewers' scramble. And the fact none of the above were mentioned by the two cretins in the press booth while they simultaneously tried to will every reviewed play call for OSU was unconscionable.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

I hope Sark does the honorable thing and takes all the blame for this loss In the post game press conference. Maybe tells us how old he is and what his gender is. 

Usually the “don’t blame the players, I take all the responsibility” is regarded bravado but today it’d be on the money. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Just like the Purdue game in the tournament when we got out shot in free throws 46-12. If you don't think officiating affected this game then maybe you need to step away and find a new hobby. Yes Sark and Quinn had bad moments but 7 point loss with a 14-0 penalty margin is pretty hard to blame anyone. This game would have swung immensely on at least 1 OSU penalty on any given drive. 

Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, FG, Punt, Punt, missed FG, Interception.... is "bad moments"

Officiating didnt do that.

• Hook 'Em 5

It does kind of seem that Sark is slow to accept or realize that whatever his players are capable of (show in practice or past games), for whatever reason, they are presently fucking up bigtime and probably need to sit.

I don't think he realized what a bunch of cunts he was stuck with last year until they showed him.  And they did it again today.  He's made some progress with culture or attitude and doesn't have a lot of depth to fall back on, though, so I guess it's hard.

This loss hurts because it looked like we had it for a minute there, but it wasn't a game we "should have" won.  OSU was ranked 10 for a reason, and we were ranked 20 for a reason, mostly "on the come" with Quinn Ewers, who proved himself to be completely mortal this week and last, if not a gifted but poor competitor.  

Ewers is in "show me" mode from here on.  He's extremely talented but may be gutless or headfucked.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1