UTEP@Texas 8pm LHN - Revenge...or standing ovation?

SL Xpress

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

I just texted something similar to a friend. Super impressed with his offensive game.

You know how for years we’d always get mad at the random White boy that would light our asses up from 3?

Rice is our random White boy.

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Because you add nothing and everything is negative. Enjoy this team or go back to whatever board you came from.

Relax Nancy. It's the first game of the season. I was just kidding.  I thought the play on the ole Mack Brown quote woulda communicated that but I guess I need to put (parody) next to it from now on.  

Edited by chemHORN

Lots of weapons on this team. It will be interesting to see the evolution of the starters and main bench guys.

Moody center looks like a difference maker for atmosphere… at least for big games.

Clearly stuff to work on, but they responded well to a well coached underdog. I thank Joe because he ushered us into the Beard era, but I don’t like knowing he’s coaching the other bench.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Shaggyhorn said:

It will be interesting to see the evolution of the starters and main bench guys.

Agreed. It almost feels like we have one or two too many guys - but depth is almost never a bad thing. I trust Beard will figure it out.

4 minutes ago, Majorcholas said:

When did we get a miniature pat riley as asst coach?

When Beard promoted Donewald to the assistant coach position, we hired Steve McClain after he had been fired from Georgia as an assistant to Tom Crean. His resume is complete and utterly unimpressive to me, especially compared to Donewald, but he does have a ton of experience. Last year's season at Georgia was a dumpster fire, which is why Crean was fired, of course.