Texas vs. tcu - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

Last week, someone on here mentioned Ewers poor mechanics. It showed tonight. He needs to step into the ball and drive it on the out route.  He was throwing off his back foot and floating balls.  The timing was bad.  All sorts of shit looked way off, including receivers dropping balls on the hands and numbers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Auto Driller said:

Ewers cannot throw a deep ball to save his life. Even in our “good” games I can’t remember him completing a single deep throw. Yet we try it 15+ times per game. Someone wake the fuck up.

Card can't throw a deep pass either, Thompson couldn't throw a deep pass either, maybe we have deep receiver issues.

Just now, Mdhorn said:

We're not out of it but Texas isn't going to play out of their minds for anything. They play enough to win.  In almost every game, they have to find ways to crawl out of the holes they help their opponents dig.   For awhile now, the Texas offense isn't giving anything extra.      

Dude I know this. I don't care whether or not we should play for the Big 12 title.

Backing in however we can is fine with me. 

The deep balls to Worthy need to fucking stop. They're over thrown and Worthy stops when he has a defender on him. I'm tired of seeing that shit over and over again. God damn, it's like Sark is too retarded to tell Quinn he has other reads he can look for. Bijan was open, Whitt had been open, he refused to even try Brooks. Rojo was visibly pissed, we're gonna miss that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Are we sticking with the ref blaming on this one or are we maybe ready to admit that it might have something to do with Texas?

Both. The first TD was on two run plays with holding on the edge they broke over. Lots of uncalled holding and PI's. But it's a given at this point Texas has to play well enough to surpass ref fuckery.

Ewers shit the bed for the first half and only started to get anything going in the second. His piss poor play doomed the run game. So not only did they not have to respect the pass but I also think TCU had us well scouted. They had LBs and DBs timing snaps and teeing off to perfection. The OL had no chance on a bunch of those plays busted literally behind the line of scrimmage.

And while Bijan danced too much on some plays, Rojo didn't fair any better.

I want Ewers to develop like anyone else does, but this is twice Sark has sacrificed the team's season goal of getting to the conference game waiting for Ewers to battle through his adversity. Should have inserted Card in vs OK St and in this game once it was obvious and still enough time to get it all going. And when the connections to Worthy clearly aren't working, targeting JT, JWitt and Bijan in space should be tried way sooner.

I'd really like to know how much the deep shots over and over are Sark calling that as a play or Ewers making that call on his available receivers. Because way too many plays are wasted on them killing drives.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Slacks said:

Last week, someone on here mentioned Ewers poor mechanics. It showed tonight. He needs to step into the ball and drive it on the out route.  He was throwing off his back foot and floating balls.  The timing was bad.  All sorts of shit looked way off, including receivers dropping balls on the hands and numbers.

he's always had bad mechanics

Just now, hookem48 said:

Card can't throw a deep pass either, Thompson couldn't throw a deep pass either, maybe we have deep receiver issues.

Our wide receivers are not great. Whit and X are the only guys who do anything and neither of them scare anybody. We do have talent issues throughout our team.

Just comes from roster mismanagement and frequent coaching changes.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

The deep balls to Worthy need to fucking stop. They're over thrown and Worthy stops when he has a defender on him. I'm tired of seeing that shit over and over again. God damn, it's like Sark is too retarded to tell Quinn he has other reads he can look for. Bijan was open, Whitt had been open, he refused to even try Brooks. Rojo was visibly pissed, we're gonna miss that. 

Someone needs to get a count on completions vs misses on those deep balls. It has to be 10% at best

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

The deep balls to Worthy need to fucking stop. 

Yeah. Especially if Ewers is going to underthrow him.

But Worthy is never really open. It always seems like only a perfect dime dropped in there would result in a completion and that is a lot to ask of any QB.

• Like 1

How many recruits visiting actually sign with us?  This is just such a bad performance. It’s like a bad dream repeated over and for ten plus years that you see a light at the end of the tunnel and you fall in a hole and go back to the bottom of the tunnel over and over again. 

BF43ABDB-063D-46FD-8FCE-0427177619E8.jpeg

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

Despite the absolute shit sandwich we put out there this game we were down 10-3 and had just forced a 3 and out and we’re set up to get the ball in good field position in the 3Q.

Despite somehow not getting called for roughing the punter in the 1Q and then miraculously getting called for “running into” instead of a personal foul in the 2Q we decided to go for the block AGAIN. Predictably this led to the back breaking TD.

We have some stupid motherfuckers making decisions for this football team.

Yeah I don't get that call at all. We had just got a stop we DESPERATELY needed with a chance to get the ball back down by one score. No time to try something desperate like blocking a punt there.

I guess if it had worked we all would have rejoiced but still, so risky after that first penalty.

The whole pathetic sequence perfectly summed up the past 13 years.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Monahorns said:

Sark gets one more year to get into the conference championship game.  If he doesn't fire his ass.  Don't keep running with someone you know who can't get it done.  Texas recruits better than everyone else in the Big12 and has forever.  If player development is the issue, it's Sark.  

TCU is in the conference championship this year after being horrible last year and getting Patterson fired.  Dykes is absolutely doing more with less. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slacks said:

I said this earlier, but Quinn’s deep balls are floaters that give the defense a ton of time to adjust. He needs to throw bullets to guys with perfect timing when they’re open in their routes. The problem is that when Quinn throws these types of bullets, they’re either too low or too high and our receivers have to go down and make sure the ball doesn't hit the ground, or jump super high and get rocked and not be able to make the catch. This is a huge problem.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Lets just be honest with ourselves, this team is soft and it starts at the top. And I dont know why we care when the players dont give a shit.  Worthy and Ewers are probably thinking about buying bottle service tonight on 6th street and which girls they are going to try and fuck. They will get wasted and then they will wake up in the morning, not give a fuck and show up to practice and collect their NIL money. 

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Mdhorn said:

TCU is in the conference championship this year after being horrible last year and getting Patterson fired.  Dykes is absolutely doing more with less. 

He is certainly doing more than us.

I don't know about less. Plenty of his guys would start for us.

• Like 1

They stacked the box daring UT to throw.  Your QB should have had 1-on-1 looks or better MOST of the game (a QB’s wet dream) and he finished 17 of 39.  Yes there were drops, but it was a lot more than those drops.  It was a replay of the Oklahoma State game performance. About the only defense I can come up for Quinn is ‘he’s a freshman’.  Has appeared to me from game 1/drive 1 of the season to have a confidence problem.  Was hoping that was just his personality, but am starting to have serious doubts.  Ewers should’ve been pulled…….but perhaps that afore-mentioned confidence problem is why SARK didn’t make the move……again.  Very difficult to make sense of tonight’s offensive performance, but that’s my best shooting from the hip stab at doing so.  Defense?……shockingly amazing showing after many games of far from….

Edited by Steelers Roll Left
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

I said this earlier, but Quinn’s deep balls are floaters that give the defense a ton of time to adjust. He needs to throw bullets to guys with perfect timing when they’re open in their routes. The problem is that when Quinn throws these types of bullets, they’re either too low or too high and our receivers have to go down and make sure the ball doesn't hit the ground, or jump super high and get rocked and not be able to make the catch. This is a huge problem.

All of those things are happening from what looks like he's throwing from a bad set (or no set.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Lets just be honest with ourselves, this team is soft and it starts at the top. And I dont know why we care when the players dont give a shit.  Worthy and Ewers are probably thinking about buying bottle service tonight on 6th street and which girls they are going to try and fuck. They will get wasted and then they will wake up in the morning, not give a fuck and show up to practice and collect their NIL money. 

I thought the defense was anything but soft tonight. They played their asses off.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Evan Stewart and Brennen Thompson are not and have never been on the same planet as WR prospects go. 

Thompson was a 4 star recruit with a 94.43 rating.  Good enough to contribute as a WR.

Stewart was a 5 star with a 98.43 rating.  He was a better recruit, but on the same planet?  Yes.  They were on the same planet.  

Xavier Worthy was a 4 star prospect with a 95.76 rating.  These are all similarly rated players.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Monahorns said:

Thompson was a 4 star recruit with a 94.43 rating.  Good enough to contribute as a WR.

Stewart was a 5 star with a 98.43 rating.  He was a better recruit, but on the same planet?  Yes.  They were on the same planet.  

Xavier Worthy was a 4 star prospect with a 95.76 rating.  These are all similarly rated players.

Nope. Evan Stewart was the #1 WR in his class for a reason.

Edited by Hank_Hill