World Cup Day 3 - ARG/KSA, DEN/TUN, MEX/POL, FRA/AUS

Captain Ron

Just now, tokamak said:

Has Carli Lloyd always been kinda hot and I just never noticed until now? Or is she doing the Julia Louis-Dreyfus thing where she gets better with age?

She's always been attractive, IMO. Just most of the time you see her on a pitch, covered in dirt, mud, and sweat and now you see her dolled up with made for TV makeup.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

I think it kills you because you're getting a fully focused Argentina that will have 0 interest in squad rotation and probably have an eye on racking up goal diff.

Yeah, the idea that loser is turbofucked and draw isn’t great for either is based presumption is Arg beats both of these teams, which should go away after this morning.  

5 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

I think it kills you because you're getting a fully focused Argentina that will have 0 interest in squad rotation and probably have an eye on racking up goal diff.

Argentina isn't that great. 

Are you arguing that the loser of this match would be in a better position had Argentina won? That's a strange argument to me. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Argentina isn't that great. 

Are you arguing that the loser of this match would be in a better position had Argentina won? That's a strange argument to me. 

I think Argentina is a shit ton better than what they showed this morning. 

In a scenario where I need a win (which the loser today absolutely does) I would rather play an Argentina that is through or only needing a draw than an Argentina needing a win.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

I think Argentina is a shit ton better than what they showed this morning. 

In a scenario where I need a win (which the loser today absolutely does) I would rather play an Argentina that is through or only needing a draw than an Argentina needing a win.

I'm curious as to what you think Poland's path to advance would be had Argentina won today if they lose to Mexico. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I'm curious as to what you think Poland's path to advance would be had Argentina won today if they lose to Mexico. 

9-3-3-3 and then GD. Which is essentially the same currently but you're hoping Argentina loses another game now.

There are probably other variations out there but I have 0 interest in thinking through them all.

1 minute ago, dieucla98 said:

9-3-3-3 and then GD. Which is essentially the same currently but you're hoping Argentina loses another game now.

There are probably other variations out there but I have 0 interest in thinking through them all.

So you have Mexico losing to Saudi Arabia? 

You're saying Mexico losing to SA is more likely than Argentina not winning both of their remaining games. 

That's insane to me. 

Edited by ztejas

12 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Why not?

Also, I don't "have" anyone doing anything, I'm just playing out scenarios.

You either think Saudi Arabia or Argentina is the better side. If Argentina is the better team (which you think they are) then obviously the loser of this game has a better chance to advance with SA winning. I don't see how that's remotely controversial.

Imagine if England lost to Iran yesterday. You think that would hurt Wales and the US' chances to get out of the group? That doesn't make any sense. 

I mean dude - you're basically saying Argentina has a better chance to get through having lost today. 

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

yeah, it is. Not pulling the shirt, but jumping in front of him. 

Lewa was grabbing him to try and beat him to the spot. And wasn't really on top of the ball. 

I can see it either way. I don't like giving a pen there. 

• Hook 'Em 1