2018 MLB Thread

Netzer

On 3/29/2018 at 4:12 PM, Helobious said:

The Yankees are 1-0 for the first time since 2011. Also Stanton went yard twice. Judge went 2-4 with a double, Gardner homered, Sanchez doubled, and Sevy was lights out. The rest of the MLB is really fighting to see who finishes in 2nd place at the end, it's obvious that no one's stopping the Yankee machine this year. 

posted on page 2.

you think for a second he didn't believe this when he posted it?  shit, he probably believes it right now.

i do not believe helo thought the season was over after one game.  i do 100% believe that he thought the yankees were far and away the best team in baseball and everyone would be fighting for 2nd best once he saw the new product with stanton on the field.  i heard much smarter yankee fans spouting very similar shit in april.

there's a difference between stirring the pot to fuck with people, and stirring the pot with what you think is true.  unintentional comedy is still comedy.  i'll believe what i believe until he proves otherwise.

oh, and @Beau Vine  thanks, i get it.  you are always so wise.

39 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i do not believe helo thought the season was over after one game.  i do 100% believe that he thought the yankees were far and away the best team in baseball and everyone would be fighting for 2nd best once he saw the new product with stanton on the field.  i heard much smarter yankee fans spouting very similar shit in april.

there's a difference between stirring the pot to fuck with people, and stirring the pot with what you think is true.  unintentional comedy is still comedy.  i'll believe what i believe until he proves otherwise.

oh, and @Beau Vine  thanks, i get it.  you are always so wise.

Hey, I'm not going to lie -- I started a "Dave Kingman is a better hitter than Rod Carew" reply before I figured out he was trolling and bailed on it.  

But keep fighting!

• Fuck You 1

I thought the Yankees were the best team in the MLB, and not because of OD. For stretches this season they did look the part, and shit they’re gonna be a 100 game winner this year. I thought they were the best team and they’re gonna end up being 3rd best by record, I’m such a dumbass

Like some of my other posts, the homers=best offense thing was a half-assed troll that I didn’t even think would get a response. It’s hilarious to me that gandorf wrote a magnum opus reply to it.

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I thought the Yankees were the best team in the MLB, and not because of OD. For stretches this season they did look the part, and shit they’re gonna be a 100 game winner this year. I thought they were the best team and they’re gonna end up being 3rd best by record, I’m such a dumbass

Like some of my other posts, the homers=best offense thing was a half-assed troll that I didn’t even think would get a response. It’s hilarious to me that gandorf wrote a magnum opus reply to it.

i have young nephews that don't know that much about stuff.  i'm used to it. 

oh, and i also 100% called this.

10 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

You were wrong bro, it happens. He trolls Astros’ fans. You reacted, Scraps reacted, Gut Wagon reacted. Who do each of you root for? 

i'm happy to "take the l" on this particular one, since clearly helo is above believing what he wrote.  on this one.  but you do realize he was being genuine about the other post i quoted, right?  it must be nice to be able to decide afterwards when you're being stupid or being stupid on purpose.

don't worry, buddy.  i'm rooting for the yankees.  hard.

Correct.  The strategy for those will be interesting too because the loser(s) would still be in the wc game.  Basically you have to win 1 of 2 games to make the real playoffs.  So do you save your ace hoping to use him in Game 1 of the NLDS and throw in the WC game if you lose.  If you get behind early do you save all your best relievers for the WC game?

Edited by WBT

3 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Ok Khris, we get it.
You’re a .247 hitter.
Needs a 1 for 4 day (or just not play) for his fourth straight .247 season.
5f59a2c6c9eb5a99f06b1313f3292547.png

Please let this happen.  Even though he is in division, he is my favorite non-Astro.  

I really wish the A’s were in a different division/league/sport than my favorite team so I wouldn’t be conflicted about rooting for a great group of players.   

41 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Wash is going with a rookie now instead of Max. LAD going with Hill instead of Buehler. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/rich-hill-starting-game-162-for-dodgers/c-296658660

Yuck.  Would really like to see teams put their best effort forward, especially in games that matter as much as the COL/WAS game.   Just looked at the probables for everyone, and there are some UGLY ERAs taking the hill for game 162.  

16 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Almost wonder if some of these games were closer and you knew your division rival already won, do you risk tanking to avoid the extra game?

Almost every game was played at virtually the same time today so as to avoid scoreboard watching affecting strategy