2018 MLB Thread

Netzer

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

More of a sad “wow” from me than shocked “wow.”  It’s a very practical and reasonable decision for the Red Sox to make.    

It is, but it's still surprising to see it happen this early in the season.  He was slumping big time (and Cora frustratingly kept hitting him 3rd), but he still had a decent line vs lefties (.333/.378/.476).

I'm not the biggest fan of the move - I would've liked to see him just platoon with Moreland for the time being - but I think it's the front office going over Cora's head by doing this.  Had Hanley hit 497 plate appearances this year, his option for 2019 (at $22 million) becomes automatic.  The Sox are partly doing this now to avoid that from happening (or having it become a distraction later in the year).

I don't agree, but I understand.

2 hours ago, Player said:

You've never heard of the Erik Kratz???

KratzWP042716.gif

Unhittable closer. 

Pay me $500,000 a year and I can do that.  Hell, I will do it for half price as long as I get to travel with the team, stay in the team hotel and sit in the dugout or bullpen... either one works for me.

Fans in Toronto have got to be thrilled with their last month of sports. The basketball team folded like a lawn chair and now the most exciting player in the baseball organization is stuck playing against people who are beneath him while the big club basically tanks.

11 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

calling him up too early only hurts the big club long term and it's not like they're going anywhere this season anyway.

If you’re by far the best prospect in Major League Baseball, is it really “too early” just because he’s 19?

Wow Cleveland Indians. What a comeback. Down 8-3 heading into the bottom of the 9th, now tied at 8 after 7 hits in the inning. Rondon making a couple terrible, inexplicable pitches to consecutive batters with 0-2 counts.

Edited by Goo Punch

22 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Mild acl sprain

10 day dl

Mild my fucking ass, LMAO. I suffered a mild MCL sprain one time playing soccer at school, and basically my big ass kicked the ball incorrectly, fell down, and starting yelling like a little bitch for one of my students to get the trainer. That was mild. What Acuña did was step on a damn land mine and proceed to contort himself like a cat thrown into a lake. Ah, to be young and made of elastic (looking at you Vince Young’s ankle).

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/26/2018 at 12:29 PM, Beau Vine said:

Russell Martin is starting at SS today for Toronto, but they won't call up Little Vlad because of his defense?

Martin's playing LF today and just played a fly off the Monster into a triple.

I seriously don't think I had ever seen a triple to left in Fenway.

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Josh Donaldson just came up lame running the bases and left the game.

I hope he's hurt enough to go on the DL and I don't feel bad about it.

Donaldson, Martin, Bautista, and Stroman combined to make the Blue Jays probably the most unlikeable pro sports team I've ever seen when they were together. A truly exceptional collection of cunts on that roster.