2018 MLB Thread

Netzer

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Cano could have retired before the season and made the HoF.  Maybe not the first year, but in the next couple.

He's 7th in Jaffe's JAWS: https://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/jaws_2B.shtml

He has been the best 2Bman for the last decade, and to me, that make a guy HOF-worthy.

Holy crap Bobby Grich???  Who knew?

Fucking hell...

Boston Red Sox reliever Carson Smith suffered a subluxation of his right shoulder when he threw his glove in the dugout Monday night, president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski told reporters Tuesday.

Smith was placed on the 10-day disabled list Monday, but Dombrowski said there was no timetable for his return.

Dombrowski called the injury "unfortunate" and said Smith is seeking a second opinion.

"It's got the potential of being a major injury," he said.

Smith said he's concerned.

"Any shoulder injury isn't a good injury," the right-hander told reporters. "Elbow's one thing, but a shoulder is something you don't mess with. Yeah, I'm concerned."

Smith allowed an eighth-inning home run to the Athletics' Khris Davis in Boston's 6-5 loss Monday night. When Smith left the mound he threw his glove in frustration, causing the injury.

16 hours ago, spystud13 said:

I almost screenshot’d his OPS in the box score during Sunday night’s game for Beau to highlight the immortal Daniel Descalso having an OPS 150 points higher. 

Descalso has to be the next guy popped for PEDs.  He now has a 140 wRC+, which is probably understated because I think it uses last year's (pre-humidor) park affect numbers.  His ISO is .259, which is more than double his career average.