Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

Why is Smith still the closer. The guy sucks. 9 earned runs in 7.1 innings in August. I'm starting to think he's an Astros plant. I don't know the solution but that guy ain't it.

1 hour ago, Native Horn said:

Seems like a good night to get another W on the board.  Hopefully Gray can go 9 complete, lol.

He will and they'll lose 1-0 on a solo homer.

21 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Didn’t the guy trying to close the 9th blow that opportunity? Hence Smith in the 11th.

Both fail. As impressive as Chapman is, even in his clean innings he seems to get hit deep at least once per inning, only sometimes it gets caught short of the fence. Smith is just an above average high leverage guy at this point. 

I know Astros disdain is all the rage and rightfully so, but watching the Angels fuck up repeatedly has always filled me with joy.

Sucks for Ohtani, because that dude is amazing. But hopefully this helps get him out of that black hole of an organization.

Regardless, just the threat of the Angels squandering two transcendent stars back to back should have the commissioner stepping in to force them to let him go elsewhere.

Would an injury/rehab scare teams away end of season? I'd think with him, no, but I don't know shit about fuck.

Edited by gofuckyourself
  • Like 1