Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

I'm pissed Rangers games are almost always blacked out in my area, I'm also happy about that.

The one reason I’m really glad to be back in Austin. I get both Ranger and Astros. We are fans of both and have been forever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe someone teach him some fucking pitching mechanics if you are going to use him in a mlb game. 

if they had all gone up to the play without a bat in their hands, the exact same thing happens. Only it happens earlier because there wouldn’t be at least one K. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 minute ago, Jameslaw121 said:
8 minutes ago, ztejas said:
What a joke.
Not gonna hold it against Hernandez, though. Should have never got to that. 

You mean except for 8 straight balls........

Sure. I mean he got 2 outs and gave up 1 run. Would it be better if the first guy walks it off? It's a fucking miracle we even got it to the 13th.

The Duran baserunning and Aroldis/Heim vaudeville routine cost us the game. I have no faith in this team as currently constructed winning in extras. They can't even win in 9 innings.

Even if they squeak into the wild card round, they don't have the bullpen to get far, and not enough offensive depth. I was skeptical about them going all in with the trades, and this is why. They lost a few good pieces that could have served them better in the next couple of years, and now they look like another old team that won't have enough to get it done. At least Scherzer has another year, but I don't know if he'll be the same Max we hoped for. Montgomery was a really good pickup this year, but probably one and done. They're going to have to rebuild the bullpen yet again next year and get another starter or two, as they aren't likely to get help from the young phenoms in the system. They're basically back to where they started. Jung has been injury prone during his career, and if that remains a trend it's bad news. 

All that, and they're still paying DeGrom's hefty salary and getting zipola in return.

Edited by DougO