Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

He's got 72 pitches and if this stays tight they will bring in the closer just on pitch count but yea...he's been very efficient

If he's still got a no-no do you still pull him?  I assume yes because the win is more important.  Would still suck, especially when our guys can't fucking touch him.

1 minute ago, SpiralOut said:

If he's still got a no-no do you still pull him?  I assume yes because the win is more important.  Would still suck, especially when our guys can't fucking touch him.

If it's still 0-0, 1-0 or probably even 2-0 yea you pull him.  Losing a WS chasing a no hitter would be peak idiocy.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

the decision was probably, can he give us an inning in a 7th game if we pull him now?  If not let him go.

For Bochy and Evo?  Seriously doubt that ever crossed his mind. Boch is thinking of this game only. He can likely give us several innings on 3 days’ rest in the last game of the year. 85 or 97 pitches don’t make a difference. I wouldn’t mind bringing in Nate for the 7th. He hasn’t lost any effectiveness and in fact he’s getting stronger.