Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

We got fucked, right in the anus.

But there is zero evidence we would have won later. Like I said, fuck ‘em up next. 

The point is that it took a toss-up game and gave the W to Chicago.

On a 100% bullshit overturn of a good call on the field.

Robbery from NYC.

• Hook 'Em 1

the issue is that MLB needs to get their shit together.  no one is saying that the play/call absolutely cost the Rangers the game. as with any game with a shitty call there are other things that could affect the outcome.  It needs to be bitched about a lot so it gets corrected moving forward.  there is absolutely no reason for a rule interpretation to overturn that play.

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Sadly, some are saying exactly that. 

I get your point, but I think you are being too harsh. Even for the most prosaic and professional players (and we got to witness one of the most mentally strong and professional at-bats with Simien getting screwed on the strike zone and working a walk and not letting his frustrations get the better of him, just a few innings before), there is an emotional element and a "tilt" as they call it in poker, that can happen to rattle you. The Rangers in the top of the 9th were clearly rattled and put in a pressurized situation where they knew they had to score to extend the game, whereas if the call wasn't botched, there is less pressure and emotions and frustration coursing through the dugout, that who knows what changes.

So I'm okay with saying the umps gave the ChiSox a W whereas I wouldn't go so far as to say the umps cost the Rangers a W. There is a slight distinction there.

Regardless, I have not seen one reporter, outlet, pundit, or professional defend this replay in the slightest, so I think at best we can get an apology and move on, and if not, it's 1 of 162 and this team under Bochy will move on and remember this and I hope Bochy gets Jankowski and Heim a nice steak or an extra helping of ice cream next team dinner.

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I don’t have to prove my fandom, but dumb mother fuckers like Trash need to get bent. 

Trash, please bump your last post when we were winning. 

Why are you so bent out of shape?  It was a shit call.  It had a material impact on the game.  if you want to be precise, the call increased Chicago's win probability from 46.6% to 78.9%.

And by the way, where is it written that Rangers' fandom is measured by the number of posts one has on a college football message board?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

Why are you so bent out of shape?  It was a shit call.  It had a material impact on the game.  if you want to be precise, the call increased Chicago's win probability from 46.6% to 78.9%.

And by the way, where is it written that Rangers' fandom is measured by the number of posts one has on a college football message board?

Did you watch the game? I highly, highly doubt it. We fucked up with runners in scoring position multiple times, that’s why we lost. 

We played like shit and we got beat. Eovaldi was off. Andersen was off. We didn't take advantage of bases juiced 0 outs. We had that WTF error that technically didn't cost us any runs but could have. 

If you play like that in October or against better teams you're going to lose. Yes, it should have been 6-6, but we should have been up 2 runs and not tied. 

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Did you watch the game? I highly, highly doubt it. We fucked up with runners in scoring position multiple times, that’s why we lost. 

Yeah, I watched the entire game.  I've watched probably all but about five of our games this season.  What exactly is your point?

And why don't you understand causation?  An event (e.g., the Rangers losing) can have multiple causes.  And yeah, a poor BA with RISP was a cause.  But you're wrong if you think that shit call wasn't a substantial factor.

And again--why are you so bent out of shape?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

It was most certainly a substantial factor, but it is also not why we lost. 

You only show up when shit like this happens. Where are you when we are kicking the fuck out of people? 

Front-runner. 

Good lord you really are Derka. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I will. You will disappear just like LL & Basil. 

I have to be in here to disappear. Fuck I can't even watch the Rangers games anymore. 

and i wouldn't even be in here now if you weren't going full stupid today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I know LL is too fucking stupid to actually read the thread, that’s the Brisket rubbing off on him, but I kinda made my thoughts clear when the shit happened. 

I think you are overreacting on this thread today, but gotta give credit where credit is due-- this is a very funny post.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

The Rangers were not ‘rattled’ in top 9, jesus fuck. That’s comical to even type. 

I mean, I think that could be inferred from a body language perspective alone. At least from the game I was watching. Regardless, I don't think it's so absurd or divorced from reality to be comical to even type as it would be a very rational and human emotion to feel after being robbed by the single worst call of the replay era, in a close game.