2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Question related to scheduling:  MLB has opening day on a Thursday and then on Friday, only 5 games were played.  On Saturday, the same series continued.  This coming Thursday our heroes play at the Twins, in their home opener.  On Friday, Astros are off. Saturday and Sunday are also at MN.

Just coincidental, or is there some objective reasoning for the Friday off in the middle of a series?

1 minute ago, slorch said:

Question related to scheduling:  MLB has opening day on a Thursday and then on Friday, only 5 games were played.  On Saturday, the same series continued.  This coming Thursday our heroes play at the Twins, in their home opener.  On Friday, Astros are off. Saturday and Sunday are also at MN.

Just coincidental, or is there some objective reasoning for the Friday off in the middle of a series?

They just said the off day in Minny is to build in a “snow out” cushion 

Mound visit shenanigans?

ChiSox broadcast said Mgr only came out because of Umpires gathering.  Not a mound visit.

Dusty ain't buying it.  LOL

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I feel like we might be playing .500 baseball until Altuve and Brantley are healthy

Abreu has taken up the professional hitter production..

Breggy has to wake up.  His ABs are just shit.

Edited by slorch

teams charge so much for the home opener (dynamic pricing!) that they schedule a rainout day so they don’t have to refund all that $$$.

First game of the year where I had my group's season tickets. Glad to be back in the hallowed grounds of MMP, but that's about it for what I enjoyed today.

Worst 5-9 batting order I've seen the Astros roll out in a long while. I know Dusty has his hands pretty tied with Altuve and Brantley out, but yeesh. Watching the rookies go up there and K looking with men on base gets old pretty quick. Throw in that they intend to give Yordan frequent days off and we're in for some very lopsided batting orders these first 50 games or so.

It's actually pretty impressive that we're 2-2.  CWS stranding the bases loaded a dozen times certainly helped. We have a total of 4 XBH thru 36 innings and have struck out 41 times. Luck remains elusive as well. Not getting any of those "weak shot down the line that barely stays fair and rolls into the corner for a stand-up double."

Bregman's timing is totally fucked at the moment. Swinging ahead or behind of everything. Finally crushed a solid line drive today and of course it went 5 feet left of the fowl pole.

Far from hitting the panic button yet. Need to get that first good solid ass-whooping in and get our mojo flowing. 

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 2