2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

https://unlocator.com

I have a separate router (netgear) that I use. Subscribe for $5/month. Follow the instructions to change the IP address for that router brand, switch whatever device you’re using to connect to wifi over that router and you’re in business

slightly annoying because I haven’t figured out how to flip channels without toggling to a different wifi network (that isn’t set up like the above) but other than that, it works great.

in other words if I’m connected to the router setup with the unlocator settings, channels like espn, Netflix recognize somethings not right and won’t load 

you have a separate router just to get around the MLB.TV blackout rule?

that seems like a pretty big hurdle for the everyman, and I say that as someone who successfully used MLB.TV and ExpressVPn the past two seasons. I'm not having success at it this year so far and that gives me sads. 

1 hour ago, txduck87 said:

2024. Such a waste of cap space. Love uncle Mike but he done.

McCullers has been a far bigger waste of cap space IMO. He should probably be a late inning reliever only. If he could even stay healthy

Edited by Sal

Hey Blackout Bois, sportsurge.club was pretty damned easy and reliable last night.

I do use a regular pop-up blocker and the first time you click on the link, it will likely go to an ad, but then on usccessive attempts, it will go the broadcast.  There were about 10 links or so provided.  I usually just start at the top of the list.  This is my 1st season of using them, after Bilasports went kaput with regard to baseball and weakstream.org had its moments last season where games were unavailable.

The struggle is real.  I'm still gonna watch my fucking team.

Edited by slorch

7 hours ago, Gourmand said:

you have a separate router just to get around the MLB.TV blackout rule?

that seems like a pretty big hurdle for the everyman, and I say that as someone who successfully used MLB.TV and ExpressVPn the past two seasons. I'm not having success at it this year so far and that gives me sads. 

That’s fair. But I’m (and most on here) aren’t “everyman”). So I do. Not something I went out of my way to get just for this. Just an old one that I kept around.

I’m sure I’ve made it more complicated than it needs to be but it works (fingers crossed it continues) and I’m not going to fuck with it.

the same router would probably work for everything but for whatever reason when I try to watch espn/Netflix/etc with my setup they don’t work. So it’s either switch to another wifi network running on a different (“normal”) router, or toggle off the DNS address back to normal. It’s harder to do the latter than the former, so I just run two routers.

That's why I stopped using a VPN to watch MLB.TV.  It eventually screwed up Netflix and Prime when they hardcoded which DNS servers they use.  A separate network is probably the easiest way to do it.  You could do it with one router, but it would need to be an expensive one and would be a fairly complicated setup because you need an AP that can broadcast 2 networks and a switch that will do VLANs.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

sportsurge.net for me most of last year. Watched the Horns last night and then switched to Astros. Was happy to get a nice stream right away. Then it went out during the pitching change before Yordan's at bat in the 7th, so there are downsides. Found another stream about 15 mins later. Fuck dumb ass blackouts for an entire state! 

Y’all need to relax on Meyers.  If he gets to 50 pa this season and still hasn’t shown signs of life, ok, send him down.  But Julks can’t play CF other than emergencies/spot duty.  Same for Dirden.  So unless you think Pedro Leon is ready to come up and be a stud, show some patience with Meyers.

Hensley has shown enough that it’s insane for Dusty to start Dubon at 2B.  Hensley needs to be in the lineup.  Hensley isn’t even bad defensively so there’s not much difference there either.  I am not a Dubon hater as much as most but there’s no logic behind playing him over Hensley.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Y’all need to relax on Meyers.  If he gets to 50 pa this season and still hasn’t shown signs of life, ok, send him down.  But Julks can’t play CF other than emergencies/spot duty.  Same for Dirden.  So unless you think Pedro Leon is ready to come up and be a stud, show some patience with Meyers.

Hensley has shown enough that it’s insane for Dusty to start Dubon at 2B.  Hensley needs to be in the lineup.  Hensley isn’t even bad defensively so there’s not much difference there either.  I am not a Dubon hater as much as most but there’s no logic behind playing him over Hensley.

I agree with you on Meyers but it was tone deaf and ungrateful of Dusty/Management to not start Chas after his playoff heroics. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I like Hensley and was perhaps his biggest proponent on this board as Mancini was gagging day after day. Chas would seem to be the current everyday answer in CF, but when he's not in there, give me Dubon over Meyers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Diaz needs many more at bats, he’ll show up 

I’m not going to hit the panic button until Insee 100 AB’s and even then that’s only panic as to this year and plans for him then.   By at least for now I meant with Altuve out. 

2 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Nah, Meyers fucking sucks. He has fucking sucked in every month except his 1st in the majors, and you say he's needed to play CF but had a horrible misplay last night that cost the team runs. So yeah, the dude fucking sucks, and needs to be DFA'd.

• Hook 'Em 1

Today is April.  I am going to go ahead and start the normal April birchassedness before anybody else can....

Omg, these guys can't bat for shit and all need to be traded or just cut!!! The had to be better bats in Sugarland!!I!