2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hitting coaches and Brian McCann called Bregman and told him to adjust his setup. 5x12 with a double, triple, and HR.

Which leads me to my next point, if Brian McCann wants a job in coaching I'd hire him tomorrow.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

2 hitting coaches and Brian McCann called Bregman and told him to adjust his setup. 5x12 with a double, triple, and HR.

Which leads me to my next point, if Brian McCann wants a job in coaching I'd hire him tomorrow.

he's not putting down the weed or booze to show up to any job

1 hour ago, runthebone said:

Let's just hope Brantley is ruled out for the season before the trade deadline.

The ruling is a differentiating factor?

I thought someone who hasn't done jack shit in over a year would make a difference./ c'mon Bags.

In talking with @Ldogg53 this morning about todays/lineups in general.  We were thinking out of 74 games, maybe Dusty had used 40 different lineups.  Seemed high as an initial guess.

63.  Sixty three different lineups through 74 games, surely to be 64/75 here in a few hours.  Some of that can be attributed to injury but it's a lot of jerking Pena around, fucking with 6-9 nightly, and then not choosing a consistent OF.   We started off the season with 17 different lineups, then used the same lineup 4 of 5 games.  We went 4-1 in those games vs the Jays and Braves.

It's almost as if consistency works.  🤬

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

losing garcia and urquidy are the biggest reason we are were we are. Garcia’s last two starts were very good and urquidy eats innings with quality 

That hurts, but our biggest issues have been on the offensive side. Abreu sucking was not part of the plan.

• Hook 'Em 4