2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

11 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I can’t remember an Astros team this depleted by injury. Couple that with our healthy players underperforming and that adds up to a season where we probably don’t make the playoffs 

Just remember Altuve was figuring it out and the fucking manager "rested" him for a game. 1-15 since then. Dusty has absolutely no feel for when to ride players coming into hot streaks.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just so we’re all clear here…Dusty is sitting Chas McCormick while starting Corey Julks and Bligh Madris.

He plays Julks as frequently (if not more) as he plays Chas. Julks has a career 90 wRC+.

Madris has a 92 wRC+ this year…in triple-motherfucking-A. He starts at DH. Read that all again.

Meanwhile, Chas has a 120 wRC+ this year and 112 for his career. He sits today (and many days), for a team without its best hitter, which has been struggling to score runs.

Dusty has to fucking go. We aren’t even trying to win. I’ve never seen this much effort devoted to ensuring that a bunch of quad-A players get significant playing time for what is supposed to be a good team.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Hank Chinaski said:

Just so we’re all clear here…Dusty is sitting Chas McCormick while starting Corey Julks and Bligh Madris.

He plays Julks as frequently (if not more) as he plays Chas. Julks has a career 90 wRC+.

Madris has a 92 wRC+ this year…in triple-motherfucking-A. He starts at DH. Read that all again.

Meanwhile, Chas has a 120 wRC+ this year and 112 for his career. He sits today (and many days), for a team without its best hitter, which has been struggling to score runs.

Dusty has to fucking go. We aren’t even trying to win. I’ve never seen this much effort devoted to ensuring that a bunch of quad-A players get significant playing time for what is supposed to be a good team.

I want to know why the front office is OK with it.

Right now.

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I want to know why the front office is OK with it.

Right now.

I’ve been saying it all season, but everything about this club has been askew since the WS ended.

I’m with you - why are we all ok with letting Dusty sit he good players and play the bad players? It really is that simple.

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s almost like that woman owner from Major League bought the team and wants them to lose. Bad lineups, crappy signings, shitty contracts…next thing we’ll hear is Yordan isn’t really hurt and just taken out of the lineup as a precaution so he doesn’t get hurt. In about 10 days we will possibly be 10+ games out. We’re too good to tank and not good enough to overcome all this fuckery. This team is not helping me deal with the heat. Cool drinks and the Astros used to be a distraction. Now it’s gas on embers. 

• Haha 1

Not bringing that one back.

Someone make it make sense that we sent Bielak down to keep Blanco in the rotation.  Not that either are great but why are we going with the 29 year old who is just now cracking the bigs?