2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Dusty notes …

- he spent the off day up in the Rockies

- pena is fine, playing tonight 

- he’s going to shave his beard soon 

- back end BP guys need more rest, has to trust the other guys in situations 

- hitting time of the year, need to depends on offense more 

- Denver is tough place to manage pitchers. 5 run lead or deficit doesn’t mean much here. can’t walk guys. Hits drop here 

- he gets reports every day on all players 

- some Chas praise, wants chas to get player of the month. Had back issues earlier (missed 20 games), he’s feeling good and playing like he can be play

suck it haters 

• Hook 'Em 1

After long consideration I have changed my stance on Bellinger.

For one reason, and one reason only. Cause Fuck that dude still.

But I want to force that douchebag to have to come here and then publicly start having to say how great of teammates Altuve and Bregman are and basically suck them off to the media. That for me would be worth it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Scraps said:

But I want to force that douchebag to have to come here and then publicly start having to say how great of teammates Altuve and Bregman are and basically suck them off to the media. That for me would be worth it.

If Bellinger says the Astros didn't do anything worse than the Red Sox and Yankees I would accept him.

If he admits the Dodgers were also cheating, I might fall in love.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I second this. I’d love to watch him come here and help the Astros win one. 
Or he could just say fuck it and hit the bong. Better keep Bligh.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Obviously if the Astros trade for him I will have to get over it but I am staunchly opposed to him wearing an Astros uniform just because of what he said about Altuve. It's one thing to bash the organization in general but to go after Altuve while amplifying baseball Qanon bullshit is something I can't forgive until he publicly walks back what he said and let's it be known that he apologized to 27. 

Never forget these words that sumbitch said:

“I don't know what human hits a walk-off home run against Aroldis Chapman to send your team to the World Series, and (1) has the thought to say, 'Don't rip my jersey off,' but (2) go into the tunnel, change your shirt, and then come out and do your interview. That makes no sense to me.” 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Fuck that bitch. If he was on fire I wouldn't waste the piss on him to try to put it out (only partially serious... I'd probably throw gasoline on it) 

Edited by UTHornFan014

Bring him in and bench him/ make him the bat boy. Make him watch as we wreck shit and with every run scored we come in and just mock him. He then will be required to say his qanon shit again over and over to motivate the team. Obviously while we all mock him while he does.

Edited by HOOKEM4

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Damn jake …

Meyers                
May    .242/.329/.449/.778
June   .183/.296/.300/.596
July    .167/.167/.333/.500

Julks
May     .234/.269/.329/.597
June    .260/.341/.425/.766
July     .361/.449/.444/.889

And someone here said Julks wasn't worth the bus ride back to triple a

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2023 at 9:56 AM, closetojumping said:

I know what Julks has done in the minors, same as you. I’m not basing anything off of 16 abs. The guy is a 4A player. You like arbitrage and enjoy when the Astros are rewarded for going left when every other team goes right, especially in talent acquisition. That’s great and I get it, but this is your new AJ Reed. 

Dubon made an error last night that they turned into a hit. This is a 3 true outcomes era and you’re valuing the fact that a lightweight slaphitting bum hasn’t k’d. He didn’t k in the 7th last night, unfortunately. That GIDP sure wasn’t predictable. 

If they cut Maldonado today, they’d have a better team tomorrow. He’s going full Gurriel this year if he’s not actually going to play defense. 

Archive this one too. 

I think Julks has had a better start than AJ Reed.

On 7/17/2023 at 4:53 PM, IDIOTsavant said:

Might be selective memory, but I feel like Yainer replacing Maldy will unfuck Hunter. Feel like Brown was rolling until Dusty insisted on mixing things up. Feel like Javier is just tired. He doesn’t throw overly hard, but has good carry. Feel like when he starts to lose that, he becomes fairly hittable.

IMG_6083.gif