2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

6 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

It's pretty funny that in 2016 Arlington was +8 run differential and finished 95-67 and won the division.  In 2023 Arlington is +165 run differential and finished 90-72 and got the wild card.

Yeah, it was so ridiculous. 
As an Astros fan, 2016’s “the rangers won another fucking 1 run game?!” = 2023’s “Dusty’s fucking with us again with this lineup”

6D2B5B6A-F436-454C-BE5E-2FB33616AD9F.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Phillies fans did it too...  I don't think the Seattle fans did it because they swept Toronto in Toronto in the Wild Card.

2023 Wild Card Game 2 in Minnesota
2022 NLCS Game 5 in Philadelphia
2022 ALDS Game 5 in New York

Edited by Pimphand

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

you don’t hang flags for run differential  

Or July.  member how good the M's were in July?  17 wins in July and the parades were getting scheduled.

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We talk a little bit about the WC series that just wrapped up, preview the twins and talk about who the Astros are, and then pick the LDS series:

Spotify:
https://spotify.link/6SgW8ySmFDb

Amazon:

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/8...s-preview?ref=dm_sh_gL22W0S98ByRdabeE8p6QZf1t

Urquidy for Game 4 and if we run JV on 3 days rest at 40 we deserve to lose the series.

France & Brown need to be in the pen to eat up any longer inning scenarios.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Urquidy for Game 4 and if we run JV on 3 days rest at 40 we deserve to lose the series.

France & Brown need to be in the pen to eat up any longer inning scenarios.

I agree, send out urquidy with France backing him up

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Brad Ausmus, former Tigers and Angels manager, is interested in pursuing MLB managerial openings this offseason. He interviewed for the Astros GM position last offseason and served as Team Israel’s bench coach in the ’23 WBC. @MLBNetwork

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Isreally?

Pool D - Miami
  Team W L PCT
944.svg *Venezuela 4 0 1.000
897.svg *Puerto Rico 3 1 .750
805.svg Dominican Rep. 2 2 .500
840.svg Israel 1 3 .250
881.svg Nicaragua 0 4 .000

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Interestingly, the 2 have the same birthday, September 22. But Peña was born in 1997, Correa in 1994. Maths are hard. 

I knew they had the same birthday. 2 or 3 doesn’t really matter (was trying to member and apparently I’m not Pepperidge farms) at this time with both of them sub 30. 

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Brad Ausmus, former Tigers and Angels manager, is interested in pursuing MLB managerial openings this offseason. He interviewed for the Astros GM position last offseason and served as Team Israel’s bench coach in the ’23 WBC. @MLBNetwork

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

If Crane hires Ausmus then the run is officially over.

• Hook 'Em 3

JV, Fram, France, Urquidy

Brown long term relief, Javi 1-2 trouble relief, Abreu Press to close. 

Altuve 

Breg

Yordan

Tuck 

Abreu

Chas 

Diaz 

Pena

Maldy 

-Brantley off the bench since it doesn’t sound like he’s healthy enough for full game. 

-Meyers can come in for speed. 

-Martinez and Singleton don’t make it. Kessinger has more versatility on the roster. 

-Game 3 Diaz should start but who knows bc Dusty. 

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Hypothetically, If the choice is between Dusty returning and Ausmus as manager, who do you choose?

Ausmus 105 times out of 100

• Like 1

I just discovered in the Bauer thread that other fans don’t hate the Astros team, but rather just Astros fans.  

That’s so fucking weird though, because Altuve and Breggy get booed heartily on the road, but other Astros do not.  

It’s all so confusing( But it isn’t.)

12 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Ouch.

but yeah, if I’m America with no dog in the fight and just want to see interesting baseball, I’m probably leaning towards Orioles and all their young talent over Twins.

Plus I can see how season 1 of new blood orioles/rangers is better than re-runs (Astros winning LDS for 7th straight time)

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Hypothetically, If the choice is between Dusty returning and Ausmus as manager, who do you choose?

I am mystified by the Machete over Diaz and literally anyone over Chas lineups.  However, it is hard to argue with the results.  Between giant douche and turd sandwich, I pick Dusty.