2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I’m going to say something nice about maldy after looking at all the numbers right now…

of all the dipshits on our team that generally suck at hitting he is the only one that can be bothered to take a walk. Jake, Dubon, Peña (he doesn’t really suck but he’s also not excellent), none of them walk. Maldy though, he will draw a walk every 10 or 12 PA. 

22 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m going to say something nice about maldy after looking at all the numbers right now…

of all the dipshits on our team that generally suck at hitting he is the only one that can be bothered to take a walk. Jake, Dubon, Peña (he doesn’t really suck but he’s also not excellent), none of them walk. Maldy though, he will draw a walk every 10 or 12 PA. 

I've never looked into stats for it but it seems like an absurd number of them are also 4 pitch walks. It's like a mind trick.

51 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

I've never looked into stats for it but it seems like an absurd number of them are also 4 pitch walks. It's like a mind trick.

It's definitely some kind of jedi mind trick.  It's different this year with Peña and Chas behind him but in the past he's drawn so many walks with runners on and/or 2 outs to bring Altuve to the plate.