2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Have any of yall done the Astros Buddy Club? It seems like a good deal for $30.  My 4 year old is now an Astros fan because they do Astros day at school once a month during the season, and he now has an Astros hat and shirt he likes to wear. He said he wants to go to a game sometime, but I have a hard time seeing him make it through about 4-5 innings before he gets bored and wants to leave. It would be awesome to take him to a day game sometime though. 

https://www.mlb.com/astros/community/buddies?partnerId=redirect-hou-buddies

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Have any of yall done the Astros Buddy Club? It seems like a good deal for $30.  My 4 year old is now an Astros fan because they do Astros day at school once a month during the season, and he now has an Astros hat and shirt he likes to wear. He said he wants to go to a game sometime, but I have a hard time seeing him make it through about 4-5 innings before he gets bored and wants to leave. It would be awesome to take him to a day game sometime though. 

yeah back in 1980-81 

13 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I do it every year for my two kids

its worth it. Just note they will tag it to auto renew every year (they’ll send you a reminder in the off-season)

My only  regret is not signing up to pay the extra to have the swag mailed to me every year (assuming that’s still an option) so we have to pick up at the ballpark. We live 3 hours away and it can take well in to the season before we can get down for a game. Now that we are on auto renew, we can’t change the option.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I do it every year for my two kids

its worth it. Just note they will tag it to auto renew every year (they’ll send you a reminder in the off-season)

My only  regret is not signing up to pay the extra to have the swag mailed to me every year (assuming that’s still an option) so we have to pick up at the ballpark. We live 3 hours away and it can take well in to the season before we can get down for a game. Now that we are on auto renew, we can’t change the option.

Thanks for the info! I signed us up, and want to go on Sunday May 21. It's Orbit's birthday, kids get to run the bases, and they are playing the Athletics. Should be a good time to see them beat up a worthless team and I want my kid's first game to be a win. We have a 2 and a 4 year old, so it should be a challenge, but it's worth it. 

How do you redeem the tickets?  I'm not seeing anything on my account to go select the dates and pick seats. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Thanks for the info! I signed us up, and want to go on Sunday May 21. It's Orbit's birthday, kids get to run the bases, and they are playing the Athletics. Should be a good time to see them beat up a worthless team and I want my kid's first game to be a win. We have a 2 and a 4 year old, so it should be a challenge, but it's worth it. 

How do you redeem the tickets?  I'm not seeing anything on my account to go select the dates and pick seats. 

If you want to make sure your kid sees a win, you should take them to a game against the Yankees.

You should have received ticket voucher codes in an email. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Pena gonna bet bumped below Dubon if he doesn't watch it.  I can't believe I just typed that.

Just so long as St. Maldy is in there at 9th we are good.  Can't have the guy 3-0 with an actual bat catch more than 1 time a week.  And worry not- Pena's not going to hit below Dubon anytime soon.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Just so long as St. Maldy is in there at 9th we are good.  Can't have the guy 3-0 with an actual bat catch more than 1 time a week.  And worry not- Pena's not going to hit below Dubon anytime soon.  

Pena needs Dubon protecting him in the lineup so he gets good pitches to hit.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

All tickets have to be in the ballpark app.

The emails need to match up, and they’ll be transferred to the ball park app. Those tickets probably haven’t been ‘released’ yet 

Don't listen to putt he doesn't know what he is talking about lol

You get codes emailed to you....you go online and you buy the tickets you want with the codes, or you can upgrade to better seats and pay more.

Then they go into your mlb account like every other ticket you purchase that isn't a hard ticket

Dusty baker is such a fucking asshole. I had to watch Maldy strand 6 guys on Tuesday and now 2 already in his first AB   
Dubon not being terrible and getting on base all the time actually makes the Maldy thing worse. 
Also, Garcia man, thought you were cool and ready for a step forward. Guess not. 
Forest Whitley fixing to Wally Pipp your ass.