NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Would bet on the Celtics to win the chip this year.

Yeah... I put 5 on it with someone. Of course with the way this post season is going, they're an injury away from disappoint.

Edited by Slacks
Swypo

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s increible how bad Harden is at finishing now. He can still cook people on the regular but he just is bad at the cup. 

years of practicing not finishing to try to draw a foul will do that. He could finish if he retained himself to finish instead of flop.

Chris Paul should get a statue for taking that 2020 Phoenix team to the Finals. I had never rated Monty Williams as a serious HC before that and the more they distance from that run the more it's clear that he's a painfully below average HC. Lue is repeatedly eating his lunch in this series. 

35 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Also - this Westbrook Renaissance is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. He's playing better than he has in 6 seasons. I'm trying to think of anything like this - especially in the playoffs. 

I mean are you shitting me is anyone else watching this?

-

Edited by ztejas

40 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Also - this Westbrook Renaissance is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. He's playing better than he has in 6 seasons. I'm trying to think of anything like this - especially in the playoffs. 

Yeah, and everyone else looks tired and he’s all over the place.  He’s at his MVP level season but with better shooting.

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Yeah, and everyone else looks tired and he’s all over the place.  He’s at his MVP level season but with better shooting.

Even though I'm obviously cheering for Phoenix some of those Wesbtrook plays to keep it close were making me smile. Made me feel like a younger version of myself. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Even though I'm obviously cheering for Phoenix some of those Wesbtrook plays to keep it close were making me smile. Made me feel like a younger version of myself. 

Westbrook has always played balls to the wall for better or worse.  When he’s hitting his shots (rare), he’s still a joy to watch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slacks said:

Jimmy Butler and Trae Young get shitty teams into the playoffs and make them competitive.

The Jimmy Butler slander that's being thrown around us ridiculous.

And seriously WTF happened to Westbrook? Did he get hypnotized into being an efficient two way player?

51 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

The Jimmy Butler slander that's being thrown around us ridiculous.

And seriously WTF happened to Westbrook? Did he get hypnotized into being an efficient two way player?

He is one a one year $800k contract. This is awesome. They will lose the series (again- Russ has only won one series since 2016) and lock him in on a multi-year contract. 

2 minutes ago, statsman said:

He is one a one year $800k contract. This is awesome. They will lose the series (again- Russ has only won one series since 2016) and lock him in on a multi-year contract. 

Clippers only have Kawhi and PG locked in for next season (player option the following year).  Are they dumb enough to give Russ a multi-year deal given those circumstances?

13 minutes ago, statsman said:

I googled (thinking he might be in the last year of his old supermax) and was surprised to see this-

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/la-clippers/russell-westbrook-6141/#:~:text=Current Contract,dead cap value of %24495%2C955.

He is in the last year. He got traded and Utah bought out his remaining $13M. Then LA signed him on a minimum. He's made $47M this season. 

@statsman you're right that he's in a prove it season as he's an upcoming UFA. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1