NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

I think there is vindication on the level of disgust Butler had for his teammates in Minnesota. He was driven by winning and he had a team that was an absolute clownshow around him. The 76ers should have kept him. That was a colossal screw-up letting him go. 

I said this in 2020, but Butler found an organization driven to win and one where he has guys around him that play the same way he does. Having Pat Riley running your organization should have been a big clue he’d fit in there. Very few superstars wind up in a perfect situation, but Butler found that with Miami. 

Agree with the bolded. 

And I've almost forgot he was a Sixer. That was a blip in my brain.

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

From an article in SI about his friendship with Gasol. I think he was the only active player to make it to the jersey retirement. I think the persona of him being a jerk is overblown. He has a low tolerance for guys who don’t care about winning seems to be more what irks him.

Yep, i think he just hated dealing with lazy or incompetent co workers. I fucking sympathize, man.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Holy shit I'm at a concert and just checking scores when I can. 

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED BOSTON?

Lack of killer instinct.  Just going thru the motions -- lack of respect for their opponent.

Not sure Boston should be a favorite to win the Championship now... pitiful 4th qtr effort.

39 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Holy shit I'm at a concert and just checking scores when I can. 

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED BOSTON?

Trey calmly just nailed a 3, down only by 1, from 4' behind the three point line. Horrible horrible shot but he believed all the way and sunk it.

46 minutes ago, ztejas said:

They talked too much shit about my guy. I won't tolerate this Trae slander. 

jk - but he was getting pretty underrated there for a bit. 

Was bound to happen after I kept telling everyone he blows.  Of course he’s still not a guy you should build a team around but he can get as hot as anyone and be entertaining.  

• Hook 'Em 1

i'm still picking denver to win it all if this supporting cast stays healthy. they are terrible without jokic (although that's not necessarily been the case this series), but it really is great and capable supporting cast to surround jokic with. MPJ and Gordon are legit 3rd and 4th pieces, and murray seems to play his best in the postseason. man i hope this group stays healthy so we can finally see what they're capable of.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Minny is finished, but great effort to keep it close. Can't expect much more from an 8 seed. They really need KAT and Ant to take the next steps to get better, cause that roster is pretty much cap locked. 

KAT is what he is at this point.  Minny just gotta hope he doesn't go downhill so quickly they can't foist him off on a GM as stupid as theirs.

this fuckin lady just asked jamaal murray my all time least favorite on-court post game question: 

"jamaal, what have you guys learned about yourselves?"

you wanna know the answer to that question: fucking. nothing. you don't "learn about yourself" because you just won a game or a playoff series. what do you think he's going to say? "duh, we learned that we're awesome! we're going all the way!" such a stupid fucking question that can't even be answered with anything honest. well, other than explaining to the lady that the team didn't learn anything new about itself over this past week while playing against the fucking timberwolves. on-court interviews are stupid enough as it is, but that question needs to be banned league wide. 

• Like 1

We were fucked in OT had ant made that since we ran out of bigs lol. Holy shit this an entirely different series if MN is healthy.

KAT and Rudy with 12 fouls to jokers 4 is a joke. Same thing with game 4. Joker picked up 2 1Q fouls and had 1 the rest of the game +OT? BS.

Nuggs came back to earth. They’re unstoppable if their big 3 is cooking. Suns should strap Okogie on Murray. Joker should put up some monster numbers if he’s guarded by just Ayton and not KAT with Rudy behind him.

Suns Nuggets should be electric

Pulling for Denver in the west but there is something about them that I just don’t trust. Can’t put my finger on it. 

And Minnesota showed more heart in the last two games than probably the rest of the season combined. Maybe it’s a different series with their full complement of players? I doubt it but that will give them something to chew on all off season. 

8 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

solid 50 point 3rd quarter for the suns.

I think they started the quarter down 10 and ended it up eleventy hundred. All point totals approximate. 
they were fucking awesome. That series next round is going to be amazing. 
hopefully the basketball gods give us KD v Steph with everyone healthy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Durant is so unstoppable that Booker is going for 40 basically every night right now. 

DEN/PHO is going to be fun. 

And then you try and contain Booker and Durant gets 30 anyway. 

It’s pick your poison, shut one down and the other will get an easy 35.  And every 6th game or so, they both will.