NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The bucks are the dumbest championship team I’ve ever seen. Just so unclutch in every possible way. No composure whatsoever. Epic, epic choke. I guess Bud can take those two timeouts with him on vacation. 

Can they go ahead and fire Bud like they were planning to before right before they won a semi-flukey championship?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Experience of GSW, and poor shooting along with too many turnovers by kings... 

Big road win for warriors

Series seems over to me. Don't see them losing at home in Game 6. Even if they somehow did, I have confidence they would take Game 7, even on the road. Kings aren't ready to beat the Warriors in a series. 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Series seems over to me. Don't see them losing at home in Game 6. Even if they somehow did, I have confidence they would take Game 7, even on the road. Kings aren't ready to beat the Warriors in a series. 

Fox's inability to contribute on offense in 2nd half was huge... injury to his finger was definitely a factor tonight.

14 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

giannis 10-23 FTA. 

Man, I have always been hesitant to anoint a dude who cannot shoot as the best player in the world in a league where shooting has never been as important. As awesome as he is at everything else, their half-court offense can get dicey when it matters.

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

sabonis also became a victim of monk and fox's hero ball in the playoffs. sac's offense is designed to play through sabonis a la jokic and they went away from that this series, and you know that mike brown didn't call it to be that way.

Pretty difficult to run an offense through someone when the defense is dropping off him like he's Russell Westbrook.

6 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

God I hate getting old. I literally fell asleep upright in my chair with both games on. What the hell happened in MIL? Bucks were up double digits when I dozed off. 

At least you didn’t die in the chair, Old Man. 

😏

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

giphy.gif

Looney just killed kings on the boards... Geez

22 rebounds.  Over half of their rebounds last night. Incredible game for him.

• Haha 1

lmao @ giannis going 10-23 from the free throw line.

To think…it’s just 2% lower than his 3 game average this postseason. His rate dropped 20% down to 45% from his regular season number

He could shoot 90% on 1000 fts every day this off-season but it won’t help get over the mental aspect of playoff FT shooting. Unfortunately he’s a liability until he fixes it in real time. Fortunately for him he’s won a championship tho so….

8 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Coach Bud has to be fired, right? Nurse to MIL?

Hard to fire a coach a couple yrs removed from your first title in 50 yrs but yeah its time.   I had major issues with him for yrs but gave him a pass after the title.   These last two games brought all the questions back.   He made HORRIBLE decisions that entire series but the ones down the stretch of these last two games!?!?!  They should get him shown the door. 

11 minutes ago, d2o said:

Hard to fire a coach a couple yrs removed from your first title in 50 yrs but yeah its time.   I had major issues with him for yrs but gave him a pass after the title.   These last two games brought all the questions back.   He made HORRIBLE decisions that entire series but the ones down the stretch of these last two games!?!?!  They should get him shown the door. 

38 and 20 for Giannis and they lost. At home. That's brutal.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

38 and 20 for Giannis and they lost. At home. That's brutal.

Giannis cant escape blame though.   Big numbers but really wanted no part of the ball down the stretch knowing he was struggling from the line.   Had a few "hot potato" moments.   One where he almost threw the ball out of bounds trying to get rid of it quickly.

• Hook 'Em 1

The knives are out for Bud this morning. Rightly so. But my gosh… complete failure to adjust and throw different looks at Butler, going back to game 4. He was killing Holliday over and over and he just kept going with it. Matthews had some good possessions against him and then he went away from it. 

But beyond that, Giannis really screwed the pooch last night. You can’t go 10-23 from the ft line and what the hall was he thinking with that foul on Struss 25 feet from the basket? You just can’t do that.  He almost threw the ball into the stands off the jump ball when they still had timeouts. There’s plenty of blame to go around. A complete choke from arguably the games best player at the worst time. 

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen

The other thing is that when Giannis got hurt game 1, they lost all margin for error in the series. You can have a meltdown game like last night and still win a series, but they lost all cushion after losing games 1 and 3 without him. They couldn’t afford another off night. I still contend this is a different series if he plays every game. 

It’s going to look worse if the Knicks roll the Heat. And fucking Miami was left for dead after losing to Atlanta in the play in and then coming back from 11 down in the fourth quarter to beat the Bulls just to make the playoffs. You think that Miami would have ever tanked like Dallas did the last games of the season? Different organization with a much different mindset. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Personally, i like his attitude about it, and think that this is only a failure if you don't learn from it.

But from a fan's perspective, they are gonna see it as a failure when you are a 1 and you lose to the 8. We would skewer LeBron for doing this and giving this answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Perfect answer.

One reason why I don't waste time on pc's and the on court interview crap. The reporters ask the most basic, dumb questions.

39 minutes ago, statsman said:

Don’t ask Jordan, unless you want to hear, “Yes. Yes, those other nine seasons were failures”.😂

I get all of the criticism and such. Their playoff series was indeed a failure. The season was not.

I've spent a lot of time in post-game press conferences for football, basketball, racing, swimming, soccer, even a little boxing. I've heard a lot of stupid-ass questions asked. That's why I never liked to share my questions with other writers or TV folks.

All sorts of crazy things happen in sports. And that should be expected. All but one team's season is, by that definition asked of Giannis, a failure. Because, if you don't win the title, you have failed in that endeavor but, I think "failing" and "a failure" are two different things.

In sports, as a kid growing up and into my 20s as I continued to play soccer, I always said, "If Muhammed Ali can lose, well, I can lose".

Pitt had a coach, way back, named Jock Sutherland who was one of the greatest coaches in college football history, and he said, and I paraphrase, I'm more interested in how my team responds after a defeat than I am in seeing them go unbeaten. Jock's Pitt teams were 111-20-12.

The Bucks have a lot of work to do. So does Giannis. If they want to win another title they have to get better and the roster has to improve. That still doesn't mean that this season was a failure.

As for Jordan, I think that attitude is why he is regarded as one of the greatest of all-time. Giannis has a lot of work to do to reach that level.

• Hook 'Em 2