NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd or 3rding or whatever that the schedule today is stupid. Put Knicks/Heat at 2:30 and GS/SAC at 5 or 7 or something. I'm trying to do shit during the day.

And SAC -1.0 is a surprising line to me. I can't imagine betting on GS to cover +1 with a quick turnaround to play G7 on the road after that 3rd and 4th Q the other night. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

Definitely getting Game 4 against Boston vibes on this one. Already resigned to the Warriors losing the series to a younger, hungrier, more athletic team. One last hoorah for the old guys. The only way they're winning is if Steph reminds people why he's a top 15 all-time player. We'll see. Guessing they'll shrink the rotation down to about 6 guys who will get over 12 minutes. Nothing like the knowledge that you're going to pay someone $30M dollars next year who might now get double-digit minutes in a Game 7.

16 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Nothing like the knowledge that you're going to pay someone $30M dollars next year who might now get double-digit minutes in a Game 7.

He really has been shockingly bad. After being crucial to a title team last season. Sometimes you get those guys (especially in MLB) that get paid then just kind of slack off and don't work as hard. 

I like Curry more and more the older he gets - and he's who you're betting on if you like GS today. There were times in the past where I thought he was (or, I mean, he just straight up was) a little front-runnery and cocky but he's been such a badass the past two seasons. Just not sure he's got it in the tank - he looked wiped at the end of G6. 

But - like you said - that's why he's one of the 10* greatest players of all time. He can jump off the mat and win games like this.

Fuck I'm gonna miss him and KD and LeBron... they don't have many runs left. 

Definitely getting Game 4 against Boston vibes on this one. Already resigned to the Warriors losing the series to a younger, hungrier, more athletic team. One last hoorah for the old guys. The only way they're winning is if Steph reminds people why he's a top 15 all-time player. We'll see. Guessing they'll shrink the rotation down to about 6 guys who will get over 12 minutes. Nothing like the knowledge that you're going to pay someone $30M dollars next year who might now get double-digit minutes in a Game 7.
I actually think the Warriors win this one because of their experience. Those guys just know how to get it done. I expect a big Klay-day. The biggest advantage the Kings have is Brown, and the crowd. I'm sure Kerr has a few tricks left.

I would love for the Kings to win, because I remember those Lakers-Kings battles. That would be fun.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Sabonis and Poole playing rock paper scissors this series for who can be more disappointing offensively. 

no kidding, sabonis really needs to start knocking down some of these wide open shots for the Kings to stay in this, especially if Fox isn't making shots

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

Me too, I hate that kind of bullshit. Use your talent to make the shot, don't just bait free throws. They should start handing out technical fouls on top of those. 

I mean I was kidding. I don't think Keegan was trying to kick him. I don't have a problem with the rule in general.