Stanley Cup Playoffs discussion thread — 2023 edition

C-Man

Honestly, though, starting single games at new times every time can't be good for ratings.

There was a stretch last week when we had three straight nights of single games, and the game times were 6, 7, and 7:30.

Now we go 9 tonight, and what, 7 tomorrow?  I get the time zone problems on this one, but there was no excuse for last week.

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

With Raleigh NC being the northernmost city in the conference finalsI believe. 

Actually, Vegas is farther north. 

it surprised me, too. But I was just having this very discussion with @Brisketexan and we googled that shit.

BTW, Google really takes the fun out of a good barroom debate.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

it surprised me, too. But I was just having this very discussion with @Brisketexan and we googled that shit.

Huh. I pulled up a map with lat lines and eyeballed it, thought Carolina was above the bottom of Nevada.  

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm the one who postulated that LV was farther north.  I'd have won that barroom debate, and the bartenders and barmaids would have been in awe of my prowess in the field of arcane and useless shit.  I'm sure of it.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Huh. I pulled up a map with lat lines and eyeballed it, thought Carolina was above the bottom of Nevada.  

Yeah--they're really close.  They're separated by about one degree of latitude (35*N for Raleigh vs 36*N for Vegas, as I recall).

As an only occasional hockey viewer, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the playoff games I’ve been able to watch so far.

Tremendous respect for the play by play announcers. I’d have to think it’s the most difficult of all sports. Whoever did the Stars game last night was incredible

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

hope it fails and they move the team to Houston

Consensus seems to be expansion to Houston and Atlanta. I hope it’s not Atlanta; they’ve tried and failed multiple times there. I would actually love to see a team return to Quebec City. 

6 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

Consensus seems to be expansion to Houston and Atlanta. I hope it’s not Atlanta; they’ve tried and failed multiple times there. I would actually love to see a team return to Quebec City. 

I thought there was legit smoke that when the Yotes died that the Nordiques would take their place?  Arizona hasn’t been relevant in a very long time it seems. 

Nobody seems to care but hell of an overtime. Not sure how neither team scored with all of those chances but here we are heading to 2ot. One goal disallowed for Florida and a crossbar on an open net by Carolina. 

anyway, hope they play 4 more periods. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1