OU Recruiting 2019: White Visors and Belly Tats

Machinator

10 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I like the fact that OU had trouble with Texas (and Iowa State's)  size and physicality from the WR spots and have bolstered their roster by adding undersized and underfed Davis, Washington, and Criddell. 

I really like it.

They're building to stop TCU and Tech, not Texas 

I met Golding a few times when he was at Southern Miss, he's a good coach but you are way out over your skis if you think he's some kind of defensive wunderkind. Good coach, decent recruiter but wunderkind, he is not. 

To be fair he only has to be better than Mike though. 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

They're building to stop TCU and Tech, not Texas 

Good. 

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, golfclap said:

I like the fact that OU had trouble with Texas (and Iowa State's)  size and physicality from the WR spots and have bolstered their roster by adding undersized and underfed Davis, Washington, and Criddell. 

I really like it.

Jaden Davis is the only sub-6ft DB. I also really like it. I think we’ll be just fine. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Look, I'm more than happy that you fucking methheads are happy with the DBs you signed. I'm also more than happy to be the more physical team in the matchup and even happier to see that the trend will clearly continue for many seasons to come. So we're all happy. 

The problem OU has had is skinny, weak guys like Norwood and Motley. The guys in this class have the build necessary to add strength.

Agreed about your current skinny, weak guys. Disagree about the guys from this class. Jamal Morris has a good frame and Woodi Washington, while slight, has a decent frame but the other guys are more of the same shit ... 

Jaden Davis is maybe 5'9" and 165 soaking wet. He's a damn good cover guy but he is going to get fucking abused in man situations. Criddell is sub 6' and doesn't possess the frame to carry 200 pounds (no possible way he could add 20 pounds and still move) and wasn't even a full time starter in high school. I for one look forward to him playing S for you shitfucks while Davis is playing man vs. our WR corps. Maybe you can have them both in bracket coverage to one side of the field. That'd be awesome. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Look, I'm more than happy that you fucking methheads are happy with the DBs you signed. I'm also more than happy to be the more physical team in the matchup and even happier to see that the trend will clearly continue for many seasons to come. So we're all happy. 

Agreed about your current skinny, weak guys. Disagree about the guys from this class. Jamal Morris has a good frame and Woodi Washington, while slight, has a decent frame but the other guys are more of the same shit ... 

Jaden Davis is maybe 5'9" and 165 soaking wet. He's a damn good cover guy but he is going to get fucking abused in man situations. Criddell is sub 6' and doesn't possess the frame to carry 200 pounds (no possible way he could add 20 pounds and still move) and wasn't even a full time starter in high school. I for one look forward to him playing S for you shitfucks while Davis is playing man vs. our WR corps. Maybe you can have them both in bracket coverage to one side of the field. That'd be awesome. 

LOL. Texas was not the more physical team on December 1st. You’re fucking crazy if you think that. 

So Sam can throw a 30 yard lob pass to a 6’4-6’5 guy with 40-60% success rate. I’m shaking in terror. 

5 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Did I miss something yesterday or was all this hype for that one kid announcing his commitment by doing horns down 

I’m not sure what exactly they were referring to. Criddell news fits, but they may have been talking about the whole vinyl cover reveal thing.

edit: OU still has about three spots so who really knows?

Edited by Constant

2 hours ago, Constant said:

I’m not sure what exactly they were referring to. Criddell news fits, but they may have been talking about the whole vinyl cover reveal thing.

edit: OU still has about three spots so who really knows?

Well at least we aren't the only ones that got trolled by our own commits 

On 12/19/2018 at 6:01 PM, golfclap said:

Time will tell whether your analysis is correct. As far as I’m concerned the bigger issue when dealing with OU isn’t individual match ups, its Riley.

How Stoops managed to identify, evaluate, and get him to Norman is still a mystery to me. How was a guy so good, yet so far under the radar that not one team in the southeast picked him up?

You don’t go 24-3, win two conference championships, land two Heismans in the process. AND make the playoffs in your first two years on the job and not know what the fuck you are doing. And yet no one who matters saw that potential but fucking Stoops?

He may very well flame out (he wouldn’t be the first). But, as long as he is on their sidelines they will be a tough out. And if he lucks into a title, well that damn sure won’t make it any easier.

3 hours ago, Hamttx said:

Time will tell whether your analysis is correct. As far as I’m concerned the bigger issue when dealing with OU isn’t individual match ups, its Riley.

How Stoops managed to identify, evaluate, and get him to Norman is still a mystery to me. How was a guy so good, yet so far under the radar that not one team in the southeast picked him up?

You don’t go 24-3, win two conference championships, land two Heismans in the process. AND make the playoffs in your first two years on the job and not know what the fuck you are doing. And yet no one who matters saw that potential but fucking Stoops?

He may very well flame out (he wouldn’t be the first). But, as long as he is on their sidelines they will be a tough out. And if he lucks into a title, well that damn sure won’t make it any easier.

This is nonsense. Riley was an active name on our board as a potential OC hire under strong. Even to the point there was a notion that his qb, Cordan <sp> could transfer here with him. He wasnt some yeti found in the great unknown regions by Bob Stoops, Tomb Raider. He was an exciting and known guy on many radars who Strong ignored for Watson. Just because you and Chuckles had no clue who riley was doesnt make Bob Stoops both Lewis and Clark.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is nonsense. Riley was an active name on our board as a potential OC hire under strong. Even to the point there was a notion that his qb, Cordan <sp> could transfer here with him. He wasnt some yeti found in the great unknown regions by Bob Stoops, Tomb Raider. He was an exciting and known guy on many radars who Strong ignored for Watson. Just because you and Chuckles had no clue who riley was doesnt make Bob Stoops both Lewis and Clark.

I saw his name thrown around on here more than anybody for OC

People who have been at Bama for the entirety of Saban’s tenure there, folks who have seen literally hundreds of coaches come and go and worked alongside them, think Golding is the closest thing they’ve seen to a young Nick Saban. He’s also an animal of a recruiter. I’m hoping he continues his tutelage under Saban rather than going to OU. That guy at OU would be depressing. 

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

People who have been at Bama for the entirety of Saban’s tenure there, folks who have seen literally hundreds of coaches come and go and worked alongside them, think Golding is the closest thing they’ve seen to a young Nick Saban. He’s also an animal of a recruiter. I’m hoping he continues his tutelage under Saban rather than going to OU. That guy at OU would be depressing. 

And to me that's the biggest thing when discussing Riley's future (or anyone else from the air raid.) We still haven't seen it with a decent to even average defense. Not saying it can't be done or even that it's an absolute necessity (we'll see another data point next Saturday.) But that's why I'm ultimately not that concerned about coach belly tat. Don't get me wrong, it's annoying to know you need to put up at least 40 points against him to possibly pull out a win. The fact that his offense runs like the state's population on the first of the month to trade wic money for meth while ours is designed to score "one point more than the other team" drives me batty.

But in the end, unless we're talking about conference championships (which are annoying enough), I find peace in knowing those fuckers up north won't win another national title with coach visor jr. at the wheel. 

53 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

And to me that's the biggest thing when discussing Riley's future (or anyone else from the air raid.) We still haven't seen it with a decent to even average defense. Not saying it can't be done or even that it's an absolute necessity (we'll see another data point next Saturday.) But that's why I'm ultimately not that concerned about coach belly tat. Don't get me wrong, it's annoying to know you need to put up at least 40 points against him to possibly pull out a win. The fact that his offense runs like the state's population on the first of the month to trade wic money for meth while ours is designed to score "one point more than the other team" drives me batty.

But in the end, unless we're talking about conference championships (which are annoying enough), I find peace in knowing those fuckers up north won't win another national title with coach visor jr. at the wheel. 

Let's wait to see what he can do with his own chosen permanent DC before assuming he can't do it.

This post has some "Sam Bradford seems like he sucks" vibes to me.

47 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

He has been head coach for 18 months and really only has started shaping it after the Rose Bowl in Jan. He just put together a pretty highly rated defensive class without a defensive coordinator. Still a work in progress but he is smart enough to know what needs to be done

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Let's wait to see what he can do with his own chosen permanent DC before assuming he can't do it.

This post has some "Sam Bradford seems like he sucks" vibes to me.

I haven't been paying that close attention but what happens to grimace? And yeah, fuck that googly eyed fucker. Sorry if I'm missing the reference. 

12 minutes ago, Buddy Hinton said:

He has been head coach for 18 months and really only has started shaping it after the Rose Bowl in Jan. He just put together a pretty highly rated defensive class without a defensive coordinator. Still a work in progress but he is smart enough to know what needs to be done

Ok and what about everyone else from (including) Mike Leach's tree? The best thing about the air raid is being able to seemingly put points up at will. The worst thing about the air raid is they seemingly give up points at will. There's a whole thread about this very argument somewhere on the football board and what I'm saying is that history has said your offensive style only goes so far because of the defense. 

Riley is a smart fucker and has an offense that kills. I honestly wish he'd fuck right off to the NFL while his name is hot. But I know he's not winning a national title with the defenses he's had/seen at Oklahoma. 

Ok and what about everyone else from (including) Mike Leach's tree? The best thing about the air raid is being able to seemingly put points up at will. The worst thing about the air raid is they seemingly give up points at will. There's a whole thread about this very argument somewhere on the football board and what I'm saying is that history has said your offensive style only goes so far because of the defense. 
Riley is a smart fucker and has an offense that kills. I honestly wish he'd fuck right off to the NFL while his name is hot. But I know he's not winning a national title with the defenses he's had/seen at Oklahoma. 

Are you saying that’s it’s impossible for the OU defense to improve? Because that’s what you think or want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, Buddy Hinton said:

He hired Benny Wiley so he might not know what he doesn't know.

• Like 1

Fucking okies. Sure, y'all could improve. Y'all improved in the ccg. Don't think anyone is doubting improvement. Enough to win a national championship?
Not. If. He's. The. Coach. 

Yea. Two years coaching. Two Heismans two conference championships. Two playoff appearances. Two top ten recruiting classes.

He clearly can’t get it done. OU should move on.

• Fuck You 2

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:19 PM, Catjuggler said:

Yea. Two years coaching. Two Heismans two conference championships. Two playoff appearances. Two top ten recruiting classes.

Lincoln Riley will move on soon.  Young coach with a future is not going to stay in the shithole that is Norman.  

On 12/21/2018 at 3:04 AM, Hamttx said:

Many Texas fans were clamoring for Riley instead of watson.  He wasn’t a tough find. It was obvious he knew offense

On 12/22/2018 at 1:19 PM, Catjuggler said:

I mean, how else would you describe this game with 13 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter?

Anyways I'm about to make my son go to bed. He shouldn't be watching gangbangs at 5 years of age. 

On 12/29/2018 at 9:06 PM, BigHorn'13 said:

I mean, how else would you describe this game with 13 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter?

Anyways I'm about to make my son go to bed. He shouldn't be watching gangbangs at 5 years of age. 

Your hot takes are hilarious.  OU absolutely can’t win a title w Riley?  Lol. Ok.  

Saban says best offense he’s ever faced and we all agree worst D ever...but he can’t get an average D and win.  Lulz

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Your hot takes are hilarious.  OU absolutely can’t win a title w Riley?  Lol. Ok.  

Saban says best offense he’s ever faced and we all agree worst D ever...but he can’t get an average D and win.  Lulz

Among other things, it was quite the confluence of QB and WR transfers and injury luck that lead to the insane offensive production of the last 3 years.  

Could it happen again? Sure, but it's definitely TBD if RIley can build his own program. 

Now he get's his freshman bathroom vaper/fucker/snorter etc. QB. We'll see what happens. I'm sure he'll do fine, but the past few years were out of the norm for sure. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Among other things, it was quite the confluence of QB and WR transfers that lead to the insane offensive production of the last 3 years.  

Could it happen again? Sure, but it's definitely TBD if RIley can build his own program. 

That’s odd bc there’s dozens of posts about how terrible / overrated Baker/Murray are.  So can you guys decide if they’re terrible or if Riley is some savant?  Or maybe all 3 are pretty damn good?  Nah

Riley is recruiting miles ahead of Stoops at the end of his tenure.  The several posts here wishing he’d go to the NFL are likely the only people sharing their true feels...

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That’s odd bc there’s dozens of posts about how terrible / overrated Baker/Murray are.  So can you guys decide if they’re terrible or if Riley is some savant?  Or maybe all 3 are pretty damn good?  Nah

Riley is recruiting miles ahead of Stoops at the end of his tenure.  The several posts here wishing he’d go to the NFL are likely the only people sharing their true feels...

First off, Baker & Cryler are massive gaping vaginas that inhale cocks all day, but nobody with a brain is saying they're terrible players. 

I'd go with all three are pretty good. Just how good? Let's wait for a little more data than players he inherited. 

I want Riley to be the coach of the Cowboys. Never going to happen now, but it was fun while it lasted. 

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

PS - Didn't Big Game Bob have to do more program building than Riley? I don't know if there's been a better coaching situation to walk into in the last ten years. 

1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

First off, Baker & Cryler are massive gaping vaginas that inhale cocks all day, but nobody with a brain is saying they're terrible players. 

I'd go with all three are pretty good. Just how good? Let's wait for a little more data than players he inherited. 

I want Riley to be the coach of the Cowboys. Never going to happen now, but it was fun while it lasted. 

I think they’re all pretty good.  But wasted them w that D.  I think LR leaves in a year or two.  He may fail like Saban and return.  We will see.  

The SEC seems to have more than a little funny business w the recruiting.  Until someone stops that or other conferences step up the dirty money, it’s going to be tough.