Surly Horns Stampede To Tuscaloosa

immamac

Section NN for us, but not through the foundation. All the way in on surly tailgate and entire weekend of activities as I’ve somehow been convinced to drive the surly RV from Texas to Tuscaloosa.

Wish me luck with those animals. It’s going to be fucking awesome 

Edited by jwtexan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Assman said:

I read the official visitor's section is MM and NN. Anyone gotten tickets there yet?

2 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Section NN-7, row 29 for my pair from LHF

We just got the email for tickets in NN-6 row 28. 

20 hours ago, jwtexan said:

Section NN for us, but not through the foundation. All the way in on surly tailgate and entire weekend of activities as I’ve somehow been convinced to drive the surly RV from Texas to Tuscaloosa.

Idk whats going to happen but it will be awesome and dangerous and potentially deadly

23 hours ago, jwtexan said:

See you on the road!  I'm RV-ing from New Orleans.

On 8/11/2023 at 1:31 PM, kwood4408 said:

Group of 4 flying in/out of Birmingham Thursday-Monday. Rented a house in Northport for Friday-Sunday. Section N2 row 27.

Go to Archibald's on Friday

On 8/13/2023 at 7:53 PM, Gravy Train said:

I'm sitting on a pending AA flight to BHM (from DFW) for $850 and starting to think that's a bit too steep for this when I could instead fly to Montgomery.  

Is there any room on a booked shuttle service between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa for Saturday? 

Be advised Montgomery is small and unreliable

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 10:01 AM, RGBIII said:

One of my sales reps has tickets for sale. Section NN Row 3- $200 a ticket (has 4)

any of y'all also nervously waiting to see if tix for the lower bowl drop below $500 too?  Or am I an idiot for not jumping on the $200 upper deck tix that were available ??

7 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

any of y'all also nervously waiting to see if tix for the lower bowl drop below $500 too?  Or am I an idiot for not jumping on the $200 upper deck tix that were available ??

I'm right there with you. Hoping to grab a single in NN and they haven't moved at all. Will probably just bite the bullet in the next weeks. I have seen them pop up occasionally under that range but they go very fast.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Just rewatched last year's game.

Missed chip shot.

Blown safety call.

Missed sack on Young.

Missed fast mask on KR.

Holding on the long run.

Plus a bunch of other plays, any one of which could have meant the w.

Go beat their asses this year.

As a Bama fan I think the face mask was an unforgivable blown call. I assumed we lost when it happened. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

I'm right there with you. Hoping to grab a single in NN and they haven't moved at all. Will probably just bite the bullet in the next weeks. I have seen them pop up occasionally under that range but they go very fast.

I need 4.. and I'm with you.. I probably give it another 10 days at the most..otherwise gonna have to pull the trigger at $570 a piece or get some upper deck tix around $280

3 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

As a Bama fan I think the face mask was an unforgivable blown call. I assumed we lost when it happened. 

Yeah and as a Bama fan I will remember until the day I die the right side linesman, with a clear view, raising his hands signaling the apparent game winning TD by Joe Namath in the 1965 Orange Bowl.  My 13-yesr old ass cheered and danced all around the den. Then that prolapsed anus of a back judge, having no angle whatsoever on the play other than a monkey pile of linemen, comes barging in from ghe back line of the end zone waving it off. Texas wins 21-17. I accept it, as well as the Horns player running out of bounds in a Cotton Bowl, another Texas victory which I don’t like, but accept. As Bryant told Namath, “Boy, you need yo get your whole ASS acrosd the line and remove any doubt!” Take the 2009 and 2022 losses, bitches. I took the ones where you were up at 00:00 in the 4Q.

Beat our asses if you can. You very well may. Stud QB, great WRs, tough D, wizard coach who knows the mind of Nick Saban. We’re weak at QB and iffy on O line. May there be no blown calls or injuries and may the team that plays hardest win the fuckin game. Period.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Thiefery said:

5 hours ago, ITHorn said:

5 hours ago, Thiefery said:

I need 4.. and I'm with you.. I probably give it another 10 days at the most..otherwise gonna have to pull the trigger at $570 a piece or get some upper deck tix around $280

We pulled the trigger today for NN row 10 at $305. Not ideal, but I didn’t want to risk it, considering I have the hotels and flights and RV already booked. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

We pulled the trigger today for NN row 10 at $305. Not ideal, but I didn’t want to risk it, considering I have the hotels and flights and RV already booked. 

I hear you, my flight and rooms are already booked and paid for..  Might bump up my TL

7 hours ago, Thiefery said:

I hear you, my flight and rooms are already booked and paid for..  Might bump up my TL

Bit the bullet and bought in NN at 475 after fees last night. Could have probably saved 100 or so waiting another week and a half but didn’t feel like dealing with the headache. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Assman said:

I confirmed with both the Texas and Bama box offices that we received ZERO lower level tickets as the visiting team because we did the same to Bama last year.

There will be plenty of seats available in the lower level in the fourth quarter when we're up 21.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/17/2023 at 11:57 AM, immamac said:

Surly Horns from all over, we are beginning to plan our travel, lodging, accommodations, tailgate situation, etc for the 2nd weekend in September. There is an opportunity for us to have a home base established a short walk from both the shuttle and the stadium on game day. 

In order to plan correctly I need to get an idea of how many folks are planning to travel to the game, or to Tuscaloosa to tailgate and watch the game etc. Friends and family are welcome, just like every other Surly Tailgate.

We can grill ourselves, or we can have food catered in, although I'm not so sure about what's going on in Tuscaloosa from a food scene perspective. 

A few of us will likely be traveling in an RV to Tuscaloosa, the original intent was to have that be the tailgate home base, but it seems like there is no way to get within acceptable walking distance for a large group of people where we could have the RV. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Will be there plus 2, coming from San Antonio 

• Like 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic