2023 All-Star Game

Beau Vine

Major League Baseball and Nike unveiled the uniforms for the 2023 MLB All-Star Game on Friday, revealing uniform designs that are themed after host city Seattle's "natural beauty with a print that blends elements of its neighboring ocean, forests, topography and the movement of air."

The American League uniforms feature light teal hues and the National League uniforms feature dark navy hues in keeping with that theme.

asg-uniforms.jpg

That description about nature doesn't make these things any less ugly.

Fuck yeah,  Bryce Elder! Second year in the bigs, and heading to the all-star game. Now that I'm thinking about it, who was the last Horn to make it to the all-star game? Huston Street?

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Blotto said:

Fuck yeah,  Bryce Elder! Second year in the bigs, and heading to the all-star game. Now that I'm thinking about it, who was the last Horn to make it to the all-star game? Huston Street?

Did you stop watching baseball in 2010?

Bring back having the players wear their own team’s uniforms - always liked seeing that as opposed to generic all-star unis for American/National Leagues. Yeah, I know, merch sales yada yada yada.

Now you get kids get off my lawn/yells at cloud.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bull Horn said:

Bring back having the players wear their own team’s uniforms - always liked seeing that as opposed to generic all-star unis for American/National Leagues. Yeah, I know, merch sales yada yada yada.

Now you get kids get off my lawn/yells at cloud.

This, because this is glorious:

FYCTsYKXwAIQzmN?format=jpg&name=medium

and 

6a00d8341c9a9953ef0176164ab85a970c-pi

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

holy shit. The Astros getting 4 all stars in ‘79 probably matched their total for the rest of that decade.

Who is that behind Dave Parker?  Sambito?  Who's next to him?  I assume that's Joaquin on the top row?  Who's on the right?

59 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

As long as we're being grumpy old men about things, dark colored baseball pants are horrible, no exceptions.

This x1000.   It ain't fuckin beer league softball.  and pairing the navy jerseys with black pants is fucking genius.  

These guys are badasses so it probably doesn’t bother them much but it feels weird as hell to me. 

22 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Not sure I've ever seen a dark blue shirt/black pants combo. Pretty sure I dont want to see it again. 

Softball shit 

8 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

These guys are badasses so it probably doesn’t bother them much but it feels weird as hell to me. 

I generally agree. I don’t even like that the coaches have to be interviewed during a game. I’m ok with it for the all star game though. And Monoah was entertaining as hell last year 

• Like 1