Edwin Freeman is grad transferring

Machinator

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Not sure Freeman was gonna help much. Best of luck to him.

6 tackles last year and couldn't even get on the field with no Malik in the bowl game. 

You always want as much depth as possible but the writing was on the wall after the bowl game. I'm sure he's going to transfer to a smaller school where he can get playing time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

Wescunt was right on again. When he "writes" you really get some solid-gold inside information.

Texas largely escapes attrition during Tom Herman’s second offseason

Oh, wait. . . .

He was stupid to write that article when he did. However, if Freeman is the biggest contributor to leave between the end of spring ball and the Maryland game, I would say our roster made it through the offseason unscathed.

3 hours ago, ousux said:

This doesn't help experienced LB depth behind GJ, Wheeler and McCulloch, the younger Boyd may be a Junior now but he hasn't seen any real action at LB, the rest are pups with potential.

I think it ensures Dele gets a lot of playing time

I think it ensures Dele gets a lot of playing time
He was gonna get PT no matter what, we lose all our experienced LB's after this season and we need 3 new starters next year. Losing Freeman does hurt depth this season though, LB's tend to get dinged up..

On 6/30/2018 at 11:27 PM, Neonmoon said:

He wasn’t going to get any snaps. Good for him for transferring 

Admittedly, I forgot who he was. But, after reading a few posts and realizing that this is indeed surly, I decided doom and gloom was the better commentary.

45 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Also besides Heard, was that the last player being recruited by a Mack era staff?  

Andrew Beck and Bonney

Edit: by "recruited", I assume you mean committed to Texas while Mack was still coach.

Edited by Machinator

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Doesn’t the grad transfer school have to offer a degree that wasn’t available at the original school?   What would that be for Florida International?   Masters in Smuggling Cocaine Through an Airport?

I do not think that is really a thing anymore or even enforced.